• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EN World Booth Volunteers Needed!

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
Cthulhu's Librarian said:
Buttercup, what time do you want me to swing by to help setup & teardown the booth on Thursday & Sunday?

It now looks like we may be doing the lion's share of the set-up Wednesday, starting around 4:00. If that doesn't pan out, the best thing to do would be to touch base with Dextra and me at the Wednesday night party to find out.

With regard to tear-down, I'm not sure what Dextra wants to do--I imagine we'll start at around 3:00 on Sunday, but let's check with her first.

Dextra said:
As a special thank you for all of our booth volunteers, we will be giving away a pile of swag to our happy helpers.
Try to schedule it- it'll be fun!
My plane leaves at 4 on Sunday. :(

But - it's enough of a gift just to get to work the booth with all of you fine folks. :D

FickleGM

Explorer
Teflon Billy said:
I'll see that you get something before you leave. No one is volunteering and not getting some manner of swag:)

Well thanks a lot TB, I appreciate it.

You know, I've been lurking on these boards for years, rarely posting and I have no excuse for why I haven't been more involved in this place. I also have no excuse for not taking part in any of the EN World GenCon festivities of the past few years. This is the most mature, creative and fun forum that I have found and all I can do is lurk around reading posts and gaining free inspiration/advice/humor without adding anything of value.

Basically, what I am trying to say is that I am going to try to be more active here and am really looking forward to socializing this year at GenCon and having a blast. I always have fun at GenCon, but I never really talk to anyone (aside from my wife) and I don't take part in any games (aside from with my wife). GenCon has been all about touring the exhibit hall, spending money, sitting in seminars, going out to eat and gaming with the wife.

This year, I am going to add socializing, making new friends and catching a pre-season football game...

Teflon Billy

Explorer
FickleGM said:
...I never really talk to anyone (aside from my wife) and I don't take part in any games (aside from with my wife). GenCon has been all about touring the exhibit hall, spending money, sitting in seminars, going out to eat and gaming with the wife...

That is a good description of how I spend my time at most local cons, no explanations necessary:)

Gn Con is different though becasue I know so many people from EN World...so glad you are taking the plunge.

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
FickleGM said:
This year, I am going to add socializing, making new friends and catching a pre-season football game...

You won't be sorry! GenCon is huge, as I'm sure you know. But if you've got an EN World badge on, you have lots of friends there who are ready to chat, game, eat or just hang out with you.

This will be my third year attending. I've never been to any other cons. For me, GenCon is as much about seeing friends once a year as it is about gaming and shopping in the dealer hall. More, actually.:)

FickleGM

Explorer
Buttercup said:
You won't be sorry! GenCon is huge, as I'm sure you know. But if you've got an EN World badge on, you have lots of friends there who are ready to chat, game, eat or just hang out with you.

This will be my third year attending. I've never been to any other cons. For me, GenCon is as much about seeing friends once a year as it is about gaming and shopping in the dealer hall. More, actually.:)

That's what I would like to add. My wife and I have had fun the last five years, but I think that making some friends will add more to the experience for this GenCon and GenCons to come...

It looks like I'll be meeting some of you tomorrow evening. I am going to make every effort to stop by the Canadiana Suite.

In twelve hours I will be pulling out of my driveway...in twenty hours I hope to be in Indy... :)

Crothian

First Post
Gen Con is all about seeing people. I can game anytime (and at Origins), but I rarely get to see the people I see at Gen Con. Gen Con is the one time of the year I socialize, damn that's sad.... :D

derbacher

Explorer
Buttercup said:
It now looks like we may be doing the lion's share of the set-up Wednesday, starting around 4:00. If that doesn't pan out, the best thing to do would be to touch base with Dextra and me at the Wednesday night party to find out.

With regard to tear-down, I'm not sure what Dextra wants to do--I imagine we'll start at around 3:00 on Sunday, but let's check with her first.

Well, I can't get out of other commitments to come help with the booth, but if you do set up on Wednesday, I'd be happy to lend a hand. I'm getting in around 3:00, and have nothing to do until a meeting at 6:00 or so (in the hall). And I'm great at heavy lifting!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads