Ends Meat (Boddynock Judging)

Errandir

First Post
Reis nods. "Midias' way is best. We should help Holden cover his tracks as best we can, then simply apologize for failing and turn in our fee."

"As for Sal..." he pauses, searching for words. "I'm... well, I'm not saying I'd be sorry to see him dead. But all he's done is push Holden into debt. He's been disgustingly... corrupt, I guess, or whatever you want to call it. But I'm not one to condemn a man to death for much less than murder..."

Reis trails off again, then adds one last thought. "I mean to say, I have no problem with defending myself - you've seen that. But I'm not signed up as an assassin, and that's what setting out to kill Sal would amount to."

Halford

First Post
OOC: I just wanted to chime in with a quick note here guys, you are doing a great job! This is a difficult moral, and tactical, decision and deserves the kind of care and attention you are giving it - well done :D.

Walking Dad

First Post
"We could do as I said, but stay in the proximity. And if we find any evidence for muder on Fat Sal,... we act! You all seem to be good peaople and this isn't a situation I would like to abandon" Midias says to the others.
"And if we find an evidence, we will need a pretty good plan, what to do." He says more to the druid and the orc.

[sblock=OOC]
AC 17 (T11, FF16), HP 10/10, F +4,R+1,W+4
0 Level: Detect Magic, Light, Resistance
1 Level: Cure Light Wounds (d) - Bless, Command
[/sblock]

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
"Agreed, Midian," Sarn says. "Let us see what we can do to properly prepare to take on the fat man. 'Only fools hunt a lion empty handed,' as my tribe used to say."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"You make a lot of sense my friends, I think it's the best." Ciprinus declares. "We shall retreat in our shell and snap our head out when the time comes"

Halford

First Post
Perkiss looks thoughtful, and leans in to whisper,

"Well I do have one suggestion, though it involves a certain amount of duplicity. We could perhaps frame Fat Sal... One of us could let him know where the goods are I don't think he could resist getting both the goods and my menagerie, we would set a trap on our own terms. I realize it is a great deal to ask, but if you need proof of his guilt I believe I can procure evidence of murder with relative ease." He swallows and looks to the group aprehensively, "Of course you would have my blade, for what its worth."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Your proposal is more dangerous as you already know dear Holden, although the benefits are great incentive: Getting Fat Sal wiped out, and keep our pay, after all we are on this job for a reason no?" Ciprinus says, nodding at the old man.

Halford

First Post
"I realize its dangerous, but this would allow us to protect the animals, deal out justice to an evil man, and for you to get paid. And should you have any doubt as to the state of the fatman's soul,"

Perkiss warily looks across at Leesha - who left the table when the group began discussing matters - and whispers urgently,

"I can prove that Fat Sal was involved in the murder of Derrin Honeylott."

Last edited:

Errandir

First Post
Reis raises his eyebrows. "Are you sure? It would not be a good idea to be wrong about something like that..."

"If you're right, though, that puts this whole business in a new light." The half-elf pauses, rubbing his chin. "Still... I do not like framing Sal for a crime he did not commit, especially when there seem to be so many that he did. If you truly have proof of this murder, as you say, can we not simply use that evidence to put the man in jail? Or does he have enough connections to avoid being imprisoned?"

Halford

First Post
"He is a member of the Fishers, they pay off a good portion of the watch around here and witnesses against their members tend to disappear. The man I know should talk to you if we grease his palm well enough, but he won't speak with the watch - too many have gone swimming after such ac ts of civic responsibility."

Remove ads