• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ends Meat - OOC

Errandir

First Post
Wow - I really don't know how to thank you for that. It helped me incredibly.
I'll have to save this page somewhere.

I'll type up an outline of a backstory (no need to go into deep detail here), and hopefully have this submitted by later tonight.

Halford

First Post
Fantastic! Great job Orsal, much appreciated, and please don't hesitate to ask if you are having any problems Errandir, I don't think I could have handled that as adeptly as Orsal,but I'm always happy to take a crack. :D

Halford

First Post
NON GAME RELATED

Have you had any response on your Battle Sorcerer character as yet Walking Dad? I have one character who is not in an adventure in LEW and I'd like to try to recruit a DM, but before I do so it would be great to have a ready formed party.

It would also be great if Errandir and Voda Vosa would consider knocking up secondary characters. What do you say guys? Come on, come on!

GAME RELATED

Just let me know if you want to question Yarman, etc. Hes around, but currently leaving you to it.

Walking Dad

First Post
I got a negative reaction. The living eberron game allows much more books.

I was thinking about a half-drow soulknife as second LEW character.

Halford

First Post
Hmmm, sounds good to me guys. So if I can wrangle a decent DM would you be up for it? My own character is a human Urban Ranger specializing in tridents.

Half-Drow are pretty interesting, and quite nicely balanced, never played a soul knife, but I'm generally pretty impressed with Psionic classes. Given my love of casters I was sorely tempted to make a Psion as one of my characters, but I love the Urban Rangers potential as detective.

As for Living Eberron, its true they have a greater selection of books, which I enjoy, but I've had two characters up there for a month and the only response I have had was that I could not enchant a glass eye with Continual Flame. I'd love to play in Eberron as the RL Eberron game I was in fizzled early, leaving me with all the books and nothing to use them in, but new games seem to be few and far between, sadly.

Last edited:

orsal

LEW Judge
I got a negative reaction [to a battle sorceror character]

You may have misunderstood that response. All you were told was that the Battle Sorceror hasn't been approved -- not that it wouldn't be. No house rule is considered until someone makes a proposal in the LEW forum. The Battle Sorceror hasn't been proposed, and therefore hasn't been considered.

You want to play a Battle Sorceror? Then make a proposal yourself. See what was done with the Divine Bard, Wilderness Rogue and Urban Ranger, to take just the three most recent examples. Start a thread proposing that LEW accept the Battle Sorceror, let people discuss it, let the judges vote, and see what happens. Offhand, I'd say its chances are pretty good -- most of the UA variant classes that have been proposed were accepted. If that happens, then we character judges can consider your character. But not until then.

Remove ads