D&D 5E Enigmatic Esoterica Forms

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
In the Archer sub-class you have him not not having disadvantage at all, not just from shooting while within 5ft of an adversary. This makes it seem that there is no disadvantage at all, even from things like attacking invisible targets next to you.
Yes, that feature is written as currently intended. If you know the position of an invisible creature within 5 feet of you, this feature would allow you to attack them without disadvantage. That is currently how it is intended to work, but if it's a problem I will probably add a feature saying you have to be able to see the target, or just get rid of that part altogether.

aco175

Legend
Yes, that feature is written as currently intended. If you know the position of an invisible creature within 5 feet of you, this feature would allow you to attack them without disadvantage. That is currently how it is intended to work, but if it's a problem I will probably add a feature saying you have to be able to see the target, or just get rid of that part altogether.
I like being able to shoot next to a bad guy without having disadvantage, but maybe not for everything. I would even make it a feature at lower level- even 3rd.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
I like being able to shoot next to a bad guy without having disadvantage, but maybe not for everything. I would even make it a feature at lower level- even 3rd.
It was originally a 3rd level feature, but I switched it out for Keen Sight to avoid it being so accessible with multiclass dipping.

I know it's a bit strange to nullify a base class feature, but it fits the theme. Originally, I was going to make this be a Fighter subclass, but I think it fits the barbarian better, and in order to make this functional, I had to allow this to rage with heavy armor.

I did not mean to design it that way. I always forget that the Totem Barbarian has more options in the SCAG.

Now that you point that out, it is an issue. I'm going to need to change this quite dramatically. Any suggestions?
There is something similar to this in Pathfinder (Armoured Hulk), it gets damage reduction and critical hit resistance.
Maybe I could move this to level 10, and change this to something else? I could definitely do something similar to what you're recommending. Thanks for the suggestions.

It wasn't really meant for crashing through most dungeon walls, more walls for a stronghold or building, but I do agree that this is a bit strange. I could get rid of the first part, and maybe do something similar to what you suggested.

I could get rid of the martial weapon proficiency or heavy armor, but I gave them Divine Strike instead of Potent Spellcasting because the Light Domain gets Potent Spellcasting. Maybe that's not an issue,
It's not an issue, but, with the addition of Twilight Domain, that design space is a bit saturated.
and if I get more comments suggesting that, I will probably do that.

I did give them Moonbeam. It also does mention lycanthropes in the "flavor text" section, but not in the way previous editions seem to have done them. I have not played previous editions of D&D, so I was not aware of that fact about the previous Moon Domains. I'll think it over, though.

It seems weak? I thought that I might have to scale this subclass back due to Archer's Eye granting extra d10s to hit or damage multiple times a round at higher levels for "free."
The lack of riders greatly outweighs the extra damage - base damage being inherently limited to 1d8 to start off with. It would also be very very dull to play. Build options are limited too - it makes Sharpshooter a massively better choice than any other feat. It's class abilities walk all over Crossbow Master.

It's also trying to fit into a crowded space with battlemasters, arcane archers, and rangers, but you might try - move the bonus action extra attack up to level 3; and replace the "ignore disadvantage" with a free move ability - "if an enemy moves within 5 feet you can immediately use your reaction to move up to your movement without provoking an attack of opportunity".

It doesn't change warlock spellcasting, just gives them more spellcasting. Maybe I should have been more clear with that. They get this spellcasting table and pact magic. It's just something new I'm trying out. I fully expect to have to change this.
In that case it's easy to assess - it's very very OP. You could give warlocks one or two extra spells, but not a wholes class-worth's of them. OR (although WotC wouldn't do this) you could replace warlock spellcasting with something else.
Thanks for your reviews!

Last edited:

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
There is something similar to this in Pathfinder (Armoured Hulk), it gets damage reduction and critical hit resistance.
There are already ways to do that in 5e that I don't want to invalidate with this subclass (Heavy Armor Master, Adamantine Armor).
It's not an issue, but, with the addition of Twilight Domain, that design space is a bit saturated.
In the UA, the Twilight Domain got Divine Strike, but it dealt psychic damage. From the current leaks of TCoE, it doesn't look like that has changed.
The lack of riders greatly outweighs the extra damage - base damage being inherently limited to 1d8 to start off with. It would also be very very dull to play. Build options are limited too - it makes Sharpshooter a massively better choice than any other feat. It's class abilities walk all over Crossbow Master.
The subclass is called the Archer. Did you expect using any weapon besides a ranged weapon? It's more open than the Arcane Archer, who is restricted to the use of a shortbow or longbow, and this subclass can use any ranged weapon. You may think it's dull to play, but it has more versatility and important choices in its play than a Eldritch-Spamming Warlock or GWM/PAM Barbarian.
It's also trying to fit into a crowded space with battlemasters, arcane archers, and rangers, but you might try - move the bonus action extra attack up to level 3; and replace the "ignore disadvantage" with a free move ability - "if an enemy moves within 5 feet you can immediately use your reaction to move up to your movement without provoking an attack of opportunity".
And paladins are fit into the crowded space of melee fighting characters, occupied by Barbarians, Moon Druids, Swords/Valor/Whispers Bards, Battlesmith Artificers, War/Tempest Clerics, Moon Druids/Any-Druid-with-Shillelagh, most Fighters, some Rangers, some Rogues, and Bladesinging Wizards. I don't think that being crowded is a huge issue here.

Thanks for the suggestions, they are noted.
In that case it's easy to assess - it's very very OP. You could give warlocks one or two extra spells, but not a wholes class-worth's of them. OR (although WotC wouldn't do this) you could replace warlock spellcasting with something else.
Is it OP? Pact Magic comes back on a short rest, this spellcasting comes back on a long rest.

The subclass is called the Archer. Did you expect using any weapon besides a ranged weapon?
Perhaps it needs to do more? A battlemaster can be an archer, but their abilities will also work with melee attacks if the enemy manages to get in close. A character that does nothing but plink plink plink plink with arrows all day long isn't going to be fun to play, no matter how big a damage bonus you give them.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Perhaps it needs to do more? A battlemaster can be an archer, but their abilities will also work with melee attacks if the enemy manages to get in close. A character that does nothing but plink plink plink plink with arrows all day long isn't going to be fun to play, no matter how big a damage bonus you give them.
Have you played with Rogue or Ranger that uses a ranged weapon before? It's pretty much always "plink plink plink plink" with arrows/crossbow bolts. It's still a Fighter, so it still gets Fighting Styles, more Feats than anyone else, Action Surge, Second Wind, Indomitable, and all of the other fighter features. Battlemasters do have more diversity for weapons than this subclass, but IMO that's not a weakness of this subclass, it's a strength of that subclass.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
I just finished the second form of Enigmatic Esoterica, I will post the survey below.

Enigmatic Esoterica Form 2: Circle of the Sun Druid, Elemental Warrior Fighter, Bladeborn Sorcerer Subclasses and Elemental Spells​

Circle of the Sun Druid​

Druid

Base Class:Druid
Druids of the Circle of the Sun are planar wanderers who venture through the Upper Planes and Seelie parts of the Feywild in the Great Wheel Cosmology, and other bright and celestial planes of existence in other worlds. They are often interplanar messengers, ambassadors between the celestials and fey, and planar guides. Due to their blessed homes and travelling nature, these druids typically deal with planar outsiders more than humanoids and others native to the Material Plane, frequently making them upbeat and trusting of others.
Their connection with the Upper Planes allow for them to transfer into three forms, the Dawn Phoenix, the Noon Angel, and the Twilight Stag.

Celestial Wanderer​

When you choose this circle at level 2, you gain access to three new forms that you can transform into instead of a beast: the Dawn Phoenix, the Noon Angel, and the Twilight Stag. When you would use a Wild Shape to transform into one of these three forms, you may use a bonus action to transform, instead of the usual action.
See the stat blocks here

Circle Spells​

You have formed a bond with the divine parts of the multiverse. Your link with these celestials grants you access to certain spells. At 3rd level, you learn the sacred flame cantrip, and it becomes a druid spell for you.
When you reach certain levels in this class, you gain access to the spells listed for that level in the Circle of the Sun Spells table. Once you gain access to one of these spells, you always have it prepared, and it doesn’t count against the number of spells you can prepare each day. If you gain access to a spell that doesn’t appear on the druid spell list, the spell is nonetheless a druid spell for you.

Circle of the Sun Spells

Holy Strikes​

Starting at 6th level, your melee weapon attacks count as magical for the purpose of overcoming damage resistance and immunities. Additionally, when you hit a fiend or undead with a weapon attack, they take an extra 1d8 radiant damage.

Celestial Wild Shape​

At level 10, you may expend two uses of Wild Shape at the same time to transform into a celestial creature of your choice with a Challenge Rating of 5 or lower.

Divine Traveler​

By 14th level, while you are in a form granted by your Celestial Wanderer or Celestial Wild Shape features, you have resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage dealt by nonmagical weapons. Also while in these forms, you gain truesight out to a range of 60 feet.

Elemental Warrior Fighter​

Elemental Warriors are a rare archetype in most lands and are scattered across the realms. These knights use their martial power to fuel their newfound elemental magic. They blend their mystical magic and primordial power with their martial prowess in order to become a master of elemental fighting.
Unlike Eldritch Knights who study and practice magic and use it and their martial attacks, Elemental Warriors use their physique and life-power to sustain and empower their magical capabilities, as well as merging the two in order to become the quintessence of martial-elemental combat.

Spellcasting​

When you reach 3rd level, you augment your martial prowess with the ability to cast spells. See Spells Rules for the general rules of spellcasting and the Spells Listing for the sorcerer spell list.

Cantrips​

You learn three cantrips of your choice from the sorcerer spell list, one of which is determined by your Elemental Attunement. You learn an additional sorcerer cantrip of your choice at 10th level from your second Elemental Attunement, and another at level 15 of your choice.

Spell Slots​

The Elemental Warrior Spellcasting table shows how many spell slots you have to cast your sorcerer spells of 1st level and higher. To cast one of these spells, you must expend a slot of the spell’s level or higher. You regain all expended spell slots when you finish a long rest.
For example, if you know the 1st-level spell chromatic orb and have a 1st-level and a 2nd-level spell slot available, you can cast chromatic orb using either slot.

Spells Known of 1st-Level and Higher​

You know three 1st-level sorcerer spells of your choice, two of which you must choose from the evocation and transmutation spells on the sorcerer spell list.
The Spells Known column of the Elemental Warrior Spellcasting table shows when you learn more sorcerer spells of 1st level or higher. Each of these spells must be an evocation or transmutation spell of your choice, and must be of a level for which you have spell slots. For instance, when you reach 7th level in this class, you can learn one new spell of 1st or 2nd level.
The spells you learn at 8th, 14th, and 20th level can come from any school of magic.
Whenever you gain a level in this class, you can replace one of the sorcerer spells you know with another spell of your choice from the sorcerer spell list. The new spell must be of a level for which you have spell slots, and it must be an evocation or transmutation spell, unless you’re replacing the spell you gained at 3rd, 8th, 14th, or 20th level from any school of magic.

Spellcasting Ability​

Constitution is your spellcasting ability for your sorcerer spells, since you gained your spells through your health and life. You use your Constitution whenever a spell refers to your spellcasting ability. In addition, you use your Constitution modifier when setting the saving throw DC for a sorcerer spell you cast and when making an attack roll with one.
Spell save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Constitution modifier
Spell attack modifier = your proficiency bonus + your Constitution modifier

Elemental Warrior Spellcasting​

1st2nd3rd4th
Fighter LevelCantrips
Known
Spells
Known
— Spell Slots per Spell Level —
3rd332
4th343
5th343
6th343
7th3542
8th3642
9th3642
10th4743
11th4843
12th4843
13th49432
14th410432
15th510432
16th511433
17th511433
18th511433
19th5124331
20th5134331

Elementally Attuned​

Also at level 3, you choose one element to designate as your Elemental Attunement. This element can be one of the following damage types: acid, cold, fire, lighting, or thunder, and it becomes your primary elemental damage type. You gain resistance to that damage type and gain an additional cantrip dependent on your Elemental Attunement as shown on the Elemental Attunement Table.

Elemental Attunement Table​

Elemental AttunementCantrip
acidcorrosive blade or green-acid shot
coldblue-frost blade or frozen shot
firegreen-flame blade or flaming shot
lightningstatic blade or white-lightning shot
thunderbooming blade or sonic shot
You may change your elemental attunement and the cantrip associated with it at the following levels: 5th, 9th, 13th, and 17th level. This is the only way you can change your cantrip.
You gain an additional Elemental Attunement when you reach level 10 in this class.

Elemental Potency​

Beginning at 7th level, when you use your action to make the Attack action, you may forgo one of the attacks granted by this action to cast a sorcerer cantrip that has a casting time of 1 action. You may do so only once a turn.
When you reach 18th level, you may use this feature twice a turn, instead of only once.

Bond of the Elements​

At level 10, on your turn when you deal damage of the type associated with either of your Elemental Attunements, you may reroll an amount of damage dice equal to your proficiency bonus. You must use the new roll.

Primordial Fuel​

When you gain this feature at 15th level, you gain the ability to use your life-force and body's inherent connection with the elements to fuel your elemental powers. Once on your turn when you hit a creature with an attack that deals damage of the type that is an Elemental Attunement for you, you may expend an amount of hit dice of your choice, up to your Constitution modifier (minimum of once dice). You roll these dice and add what you roll to the damage of the attack, dealing the same type of damage as the damage type that triggered this effect (you choose either damage type if the attack deals multiple damage types that are Elemental Attunements for you).
When you use this feature, you take an amount of necrotic damage equal to the amount of hit dice you expend. This damage cannot be reduced in any way.

One with the Elements​

When you reach level 18 in this class, you become even closer in your bond to the elements. You gain immunity to the damage types associated with your Elemental Attunements. Additionally, when you finish a long rest, you may chance one of your Elemental Attunements to a damage type you are not attuned to.

Bladeborn Sorcerer​

A bladeborn sorcerer is one whose power comes from a magical weapon in some way, shape, or form. Unlike a Hexblade, who makes a pact with a cursing/cursed sentient weapon, Bladeborn Sorcerers need no pact or agreement with a sentient weapon, as their powers come from any powerful magic weapon. For example, in the world of Theros, a triton wielder of Thassa's bident, Dekella, could eventually endow part of its magical powers upon its wielder, granting them their own weapon-focused source of magic. Or, you could be a warforged or other constructed race, created by a powerful artificer who melted down a powerful magic weapon and forged your metallic body, armor, or skeleton out of this molten magic weapon. Alternatively, you could actually be a sentient magic weapon that was polymorphed with epic magic into your current humanoid form, with some of your previous powers lingering and granting you unique powers. Possibly, your soul could have been created through the destruction of a sentient weapon, or you could have been present during the violent annihilation of an artifact weapon. Despite the specific origin of your powers, they manifest by allowing you to imbue weapons with arcane magic, making you a powerful melee combatant.

Bladeborn Spells​

You learn additional spells when you reach certain levels in this class, as shown on the Bladeborn Spells table. Each spell counts as a sorcerer spell for you, but it doesn’t count against the number of sorcerer spells you know. These spells can’t be replaced when you gain a level in this class.
Bladeborn Spells

Innate Warrior​

At level 1, you gain proficiency with simple and martial weapons, as well as shields.
Additionally, while you are not wearing armor, your base Armor Class is 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your Charisma modifier. You may wield a shield and gain the benefit of this Armor Class.

Magic Endowment​

Starting at level 1, as a bonus action you can imbue a weapon you are holding with your Magic Endowment, granting it pure arcane energy and causing it to become a powerful magical weapon that grants you the following benefits while you are holding it:
  • The weapon becomes a magic weapon if it wasn't already, and you may use it as a spellcasting focus for you.
  • You may use your Charisma modifier for the attack and damage rolls for this weapon, instead of Strength or Dexterity.
  • You make concentration checks at advantage.
  • You do don't provoke opportunity attacks.
  • Your Armor Class increases by an amount equal to your proficiency bonus.
This benefit lasts for 1 minute, or until you dismiss it (no action required). You may use this feature an amount of times equal to your proficiency bonus, regaining all expended uses when you finish a long rest.
When you reach 2nd level in this class, when activating this feature you may expend 1 sorcery point to gain its benefits without having to expend a use of this feature.

Extra Attack​

At 6th level, you can attack twice, instead of once, whenever you take the Attack action. When you use this feature, you may replace one of the attacks with a sorcerer cantrip that has a casting time of 1 action.

Arcane Weapon​

Starting at 14th level, you add your Charisma modifier to the damage of your weapon attacks while you are holding your weapon that has your Magic Endowment active on it. Additionally, when you hit with your Endowed Weapon, you may expend an amount of sorcery points of your choice up to your Charisma modifier (minimum of one) to deal an extra damage dice of the weapon's type per sorcery point expended.

Body of Weapons​

At level 18, when you kill a creature with your Endowed Weapon, you may use your reaction to regain an amount of sorcery points equal to your Charisma modifier (minimum of one). You may use this feature 3 times, regaining all expended uses at the end of a long rest.

Elemental Cantrips​

All of the following cantrips are available for Wizards, Warlocks, and Sorcerers. All of the 2nd-level spells are available for Wizards and Sorcerers.

Blue-Frost Blade​

evocation cantrip
Casting Time: 1 action
Components: V, M (a weapon)
Range: Self (5 feet)
Duration: 1 round
As part of the action used to cast this spell, you must make a melee attack with a weapon against one creature within the spell’s range, otherwise the spell fails. On a hit, the target suffers the attack’s normal effects, and is temporarily charged with hypothermic frost. Until the end of your next turn, if the hit creature takes a reaction, you deal 1d8 cold damage to them and end the spell.
This spell’s damage increases when you reach higher levels. At 5th level, the melee attack deals an extra 1d8 cold damage to the target, and the damage the secondary target takes increases to 2d8. Both damage rolls increase by 1d8 at 11th level and 17th level.

Corrosive Blade​

evocation cantrip
Duration: Instantaneous
As part of the action used to cast this spell, you must make a melee attack with a weapon against one creature within the spell’s range, otherwise the spell fails. On a hit, the target suffers the attack’s normal effects, and is temporarily charged with magical acid. At the end of the hit creature's next turn, they take an amount of acid damage equal to your spellcasting ability modifier, unless they attempt to get rid of the acid. As part of their next turn, if they take the Attack or Multiattack action, they may use an attack to make a Dexterity (Acrobatics) check against your spell save DC. On a success, they do not take the acid damage at the end of their next turn.
This spell’s damage increases when you reach higher levels. At 5th level, the melee attack deals an extra 1d6 acid damage to the target, and the damage the target takes at the end of their next turn increases to 1d6 + your spellcasting ability modifier. Both damage rolls increase by 1d6 at 11th level and 17th level.

Static Blade​

evocation cantrip
As part of the action used to cast this spell, you must make a melee attack with a weapon against one creature within the spell’s range, otherwise the spell fails. On a hit, the target suffers the attack’s normal effects, and is temporarily charged with shocking lightning. Until the start of your next turn, when a creature moves to a space within 5 feet of the charged creature or the charged creature moves to a space within 5 feet of a creature, you can cause the lightning to jump to the triggering creature, dealing 1d4 lightning damage to both the triggering and charged creatures, ending the spell.
This spell’s damage increases when you reach higher levels. At 5th level, the melee attack deals an extra 1d4 lightning damage to the target, and the damage the secondary target takes increases to 2d4. Both damage rolls increase by 1d4 at 11th level and 17th level.

Flaming Shot​

evocation cantrip
Range: Self
As part of the action used to cast this spell, you must make a ranged attack with a weapon against one creature within the weapon's range, otherwise the spell fails. On a hit, the target suffers the attack’s normal effects, and suddenly bursts into flames. Unless right after this attack hits they use their reaction to fall prone and cause their speed for reduced to 0 on their next turn as they roll back and forth to put out the flames, they take 1d6 fire damage at the start of their next turn. They do not take this damage if they are completely submerged in water, or heavy rain, or if they take cold damage.
This spell’s damage increases when you reach higher levels. At 5th level, the ranged attack deals an extra 1d6 fire damage to the target, and the secondary damage increases to 2d6. Both damage rolls increase by 1d6 at 11th level and 17th level.

Frozen Shot​

evocation cantrip
As part of the action used to cast this spell, you must make a ranged attack with a weapon against one creature within the weapon's range, otherwise the spell fails. On a hit, the target suffers the attack’s normal effects, and they become punishingly cold. Unless they use one attack on their turn to make a Constitution (Endurance)* check against your spell save DC and succeed, they take 1d6 cold damage at the end of their next turn. Additionally, if they take fire damage before the spell ends, they do not take this cold damage.
This spell’s damage increases when you reach higher levels. At 5th level, the ranged attack deals an extra 1d6 cold damage to the target, and the secondary damage type increases to 2d6. Both damage rolls increase by 1d6 at 11th level and 17th level.

Green-Acid Shot​

evocation cantrip
As part of the action used to cast this spell, you must make a ranged attack with a weapon against one creature within the weapon's range, otherwise the spell fails. On a hit, the target suffers the attack’s normal effects, and a green glob of acid leaps off of the creature to a different creature of your choice within 5 feet of it. This second creature takes acid damage equal to your spellcasting ability modifier.
This spell’s damage increases when you reach higher levels. At 5th level, the ranged attack deals an extra 1d6 acid damage to the target, and the damage the secondary target takes increases to 1d6 + your spellcasting ability modifier. Both damage rolls increase by 1d6 at 11th level and 17th level.

Sonic Shot​

evocation cantrip
As part of the action used to cast this spell, you must make a ranged attack with a weapon against one creature within the weapon's range, otherwise the spell fails. On a hit, the target suffers the attack’s normal effects, and they choose to either become deafened until the end of your next turn or take 1d6 thunder damage.
This spell’s damage increases when you reach higher levels. At 5th level, the ranged attack deals an extra 1d6 thunder damage to the target, and the secondary damage increases to 2d6. Both damage rolls increase by 1d6 at 11th level and 17th level.

White-Lightning Shot​

evocation cantrip
As part of the action used to cast this spell, you must make a ranged attack with a weapon against one creature within the weapon's range, otherwise the spell fails. On a hit, the target suffers the attack’s normal effects, and a piercing-white bolt of lighting shoots to one creature of your choice within 10 feet of the original target. This creature must be wearing or holding metal, or be made out of metal, and they take 1d6 lightning damage.
This spell’s damage increases when you reach higher levels. At 5th level, the ranged attack deals an extra 1d6 lightning damage to the target, and the secondary damage increases to 2d6. Both damage rolls increase by 1d6 at 11th level and 17th level.

Acid Blade​

2nd-level transmutation
Casting Time: 1 bonus action
Components: V, S, M (a piece of flint)
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute
You instantaneously create a blade completely made out dripping acid in your hand. This magic blade lasts for the duration of the spell. This blade counts as a simple melee weapon that you are proficient with. It has the light, thrown (range 20/60), and finesse properties, dealing 2d8 acid damage on a hit. In addition, when you score a critical hit against a target with this weapon, your next attack against them that deals acid damage deals an extra damage dice.
If the blade leaves your hand, it disappears immediately. While this spell remains and the blade is gone, you may summon it back as a bonus action on your turn.
At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a 3rd- or 4th-level spell slot, the acid damage increases to 3d8. When you cast this spell using a 5th- or 6th-level spell slot, the acid damage increases to 4d8. If you cast the spell using a spell slot of 7th-level or higher, the acid damage becomes 5d8.

Fire Blade​

2nd-level evocation
You instantaneously create a blade completely made out of flames in your hand. This magic blade lasts for the duration of the spell. This blade counts as a simple melee weapon that you are proficient with. It has the light and finesse properties, dealing 2d10 fire damage on a hit. In addition, when you score a critical hit against a flammable target with this weapon, the target catches on fire. While on fire, until a creature takes an action to douse the fire, the target takes 5 (1d10) fire damage at the start of each of its turns.
The flaming blade sheds bright light in a 10-foot radius and dim light for an additional 10 feet. If the blade leaves your hand, it disappears immediately. While this spell remains and the blade is gone, you may summon it back as a bonus action on your turn.
At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a 3rd- or 4th-level spell slot, the fire damage increases to 3d10. When you cast this spell using a 5th- or 6th-level spell slot, the fire damage increases to 4d10. If you cast the spell using a spell slot of 7th-level or higher, the fire damage becomes 5d10.

Ice Blade​

2nd-level transmuation
Components: V, S, M (a white piece of wood)
Duration: Concentration, up to 10 minute
Using the powers of transmutation magic, you shape the water vapor in the air around you to form a blade of pure ice in your hand. This magic blade lasts until the spell end. It counts as a magic simple melee weapon with which you are proficient. It has the light and finesse properties, dealing 1d8 piercing or slashing damage (your choice when you cast this spell) plus 1d10 cold damage. In addition, when you score a critical hit against a target with this blade, the weapon shatters and explodes, dealing 3d6 cold damage to every creature within 5 feet of you (not including yourself).
If the weapon explodes, or it is no longer in your hand at the end of your turn, it melts. Thereafter, while the spell persists, you can use a bonus action to cause it to reappear in your hand.
At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a 3rd- or 4th-level spell slot, the cold damage increases to 2d10. When you cast this spell using a 5th- or 6th-level spell slot, the cold damage increases to 3d10. If you cast the spell using a spell slot of 7th-level or higher, the cold damage becomes 4d10.

Lightning Blade​

2nd-level evocation
Components: V, S, M (a piece of copper wire)
You evoke a blade of wieldable lighting, which crackles and zaps electric-sparks around it. This magic weapon lasts for the duration of the spell. This blade counts as a simple melee weapon that you are proficient with. It has the light, versatile, and finesse properties, dealing 2d8 lightning damage on a hit with one hand, or 2d10 with two hands. Additionally, if you score a critical hit with this weapon, a bolt of lightning bounces off of the target to a creature of your choice within 10 feet of it, dealing 2d10 lightning damage to them.
The electric blade sheds bright light in a 5-foot radius and dim light for an additional 5 feet. If the weapon ever leaves your hand, you may summon it back as a bonus action while this spell lasts.
At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a 3rd- or 4th-level spell slot, the lightning damage increases to 3d8, or 3d10 when held with 2 hands. When you cast this spell using a 5th- or 6th-level spell slot, the lightning damage increases to 4d8, or 4d10 with two hands. If you cast the spell using a spell slot of 7th-level or higher, the lightning damage becomes 5d8 or 5d10 when held with both hands.

Thunder Blade​

2nd-level evocation
You evoke a blade of invisible, yet solid thunder. While wielding this weapon, it appears as if your hand is empty. This magic weapon lasts for the duration of the spell. This blade counts as a simple melee weapon that you are proficient with. It has the light and finesse properties, as well as being invisible, dealing 2d8 thunder damage on a hit. Additionally, if you score a critical hit with this weapon, the target is deafened until the spell ends or they repeat the saving throw (which they may repeat at the end of each of their turns).
While the spell lasts, you cannot be disarmed and the thunder blade may not leave your hand.
At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a 3rd- or 4th-level spell slot, the thunder damage increases to 3d8. When you cast this spell using a 5th- or 6th-level spell slot, the thunder damage increases to 4d8. If you cast the spell using a spell slot of 7th-level or higher, the thunder damage becomes 5d8.

*Endurance is a homebrew skill of mine. If you don't use it, it can just be a Constitution check.
Okay, done. I finally finished these, taking longer than I thought it would. Here is the survey, I would love feedback.

Last edited:

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Okay, I am taking a break from making these forms and surveys for now. I will wait until I get sufficient feedback on the first two forms in the surveys, and then start with the third one (probably will have a Luck Shifter Rogue, Steel Fist Barbarian, Construct Patron Warlock, and Lifedrinker Wizard). Until then, I will take in your feedback and try to find ways to incorperate it into future changes.

I currently have gotten 6 reviews on the first survey and 1 review on the second. It would really help me if you took 5 minutes to fill it out after reviewing the forms. Thanks ahead of time.

Remove ads