• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

ENWorld Fantasy Basketball IS HERE!!! (league now filled)

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
The Sigil said:
I don't know about Yahoo's Livedraft, but my sense is that it pretty much requires everyone to be logged in simultaneously. Coordinating 12 peoples' schedules to do that is darn near impossible, thus I think a messageboard draft is a nice way to it.

Actually, their livedraft will autodraft for absentee league members based on their pre-rankings or your own. It's hard to pick a time everyone can be there, but that's what the pre-rankings are for.

Nick

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I really think being stuck in the off-topic forum is killig us. More people would sign up if they knew about it, but this new format prevents people from even knowing about it.

LeapingShark

First Post
Perhaps there's a way to sneak in an ad/recruitment thread over in the general section without breaking any rules. :D

[begin brainstorm mode]

Perhaps a thread about a basketball roleplaying game......

d20 Basketball

Body subraces

* Behemoth - (massive body structure, extra tall, extra heavy)
* Beanpole - (tall but dangerously skinnny),
* Brickhouse - (amazingly wide shoulders, stocky legs, thick forearms, intimidating features)
* Sculpted - (heavily muscled, well-proportioned, low body fat)
* Gnat - (tiny body structure, very short, thin)
* Marshmellow - (huge stomach, weight problem)
* Typical - (no unusual features)

Classes

* Guard
* Forward
* Center

Prestige Classes

* All-Star

Feats

* Floor Leader
* No Look Pass
* Ball Thief
* Long Range Bomb
* Scary Thug
* Thunderous Dunk
* Windmill Jam
* No Easy Baskets

Skills

* Rebound (Str)
* Block (Str)
* Dunk (Str)
* Shoot (Dex)
* Defend (Con)
* Pass (Int)
* Steal (Wis)
* Trashtalk (Cha)

Sample Characters

Shaquille O'Neal
Body subrace: Behemoth
Center 10th lvl, All-Star 10th lvl
Feats: Thunderous Dunk, No Easy Baskets

Peja Stojakovic
Body subrace: Typical
Forward 5th lvl, All-Star 5th lvl
Feats: Long Range Bomb

Shawn Bradley
Body subrace: Beanpole
Center 6th lvl
Feats: No Easy Baskets

Jason Kidd
Body subrace: Typical
Guard 10th lvl, All-Star 8th lvl
Feats: No Look Pass, Floor Leader

:p

The Sigil

Mr. 3000 (Words per post)
I did put it into the "main" thread originally, for that very reason, but it was (quickly) moved here.

--The Sigil

The Sigil

I saw that in the settings; they're a bit more restrictive than last year. :(

Anyhoo, since there was a lot of support for putting our trade deadline after the NBA trade deadline, I moved it to March 3rd (first available date after the NBA deadline of Feb 24th)

Anyway, the league has been setup (yay!) and you're all invited to sign up. I will be sending PMs with league password and other relevant info where I can over the next few minutes; if you haven't received one in the next half-hour, e-mail me at the_sigil - at - hotmail.com (please include your ENWorld username) and I'll send you the info. Once everyone who has already expressed an interest has had time to sign up - like, say, Monday, I'll throw the info onto this thread for anyone else who wants to join... first-come, first-served.

Oh, and if it comes up as an option, please remember to select the option that allows the commissioner to change your lineups... I promise I won't use it unless you're AWOL for an extended period of time and your lineup has holes in it... and a general announcement will be made the day prior so all owners - including you - will know it's coming. I know YOU won't go AWOL, but please humor me. You never know when a hurricane might knock out your power for weeks.

--The Sigil

The Sigil

LeapingShark and fujaiwei - I need to get you guys the sign-in info - you can't get PMs and I don't have e-mail addresses, so please e-mail me at the_sigil - at - hotmail.com ASAP to get your info. :)

johnsemlak, Krug, Mistwell, and Kajamba Lion... the info should be in you PM boxes.

--The Sigil

Remove ads