• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

ENWorld Fantasy Basketball IS HERE!!! (league now filled)

LeapingShark

First Post
What's the "Can't Cut List" (who are the players on the list??). Usually they have something like that to prevent somebody from giving up the game and dropping all their good players to spoil the fun. Do we even need something like that if we've got an active commissioner that can alter rosters? What happens if a "Can't Cut Listed" player on your roster becomes injured for the season and you can't use him?

The Sigil

Mr. 3000 (Words per post)
Per the Yahoo site:

"A number of the best players in the game will be on this list throughout the season. When a player is on the list, he cannot be waived from a team under any circumstances. The "Can't Cut" list, which will be updated when necessary, will prevent managers at the bottom of the standings from changing the league dynamics by waiving all of their outstanding players. "
Thus in theory, if a player becomes injured as you describe, Yahoo should update their list and you should be able to cut him.

And if that doesn't reassure you, I note in the commissioner's toolbox that
"Some settings can only be changed pre-draft (Max Teams, Trade Reviewer, Unowned Players, Roster Changes), some before your first league game (Scoring Type, League Start Date), with the rest available all season long.

Note that "Can't Cut List" is not specifically mentioned in the lists above, so I will have access to it (and the ability to change it) all season long. If it becomes a problem, I can change the setting to allow you to release a player, though I'll probably ask for all owners' input first.

--The Sigil

Last edited:

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
Actually, the Can't Cut List probably can't be changed by the commissioner -- it couldn't in the Yahoo! baseball league that I was in -- we had a guy leave the league, so I dropped his players to waivers. I could drop every single guy except Carlos Beltran, who was on the Can't Cut List, which I couldn't change.

Nick

The Sigil

I can't change what's on the list itself, but I *can* change the can't cut list from "provided by Yahoo" to "none," if I'm not mistaken.

--The Sigil

LeapingShark

First Post
If yahoo updates their list after major injuries (and does so within a reasonable amount of response time), then we should be okay.

I like the new interface improvements this year. They have lots of new options for examinig player stats; including last years stats, splits by home/away/day/night, and all that kind of thing. Very cool.

There's also some kind of a new "watch" thing where you can click FAs or even players on other teams, and stick them into a seperate stat chart, then analyze and compare them with all the new sorting options. Neato! This should help comparing trades and stuff.

The Sigil

Three questions, two on-topic and the other off-topic (slightly).

1.) I haven't received an email from fujaiwei yet, and I don't think Mistwell has signed up yet (since I didn't see "Mistwell's Maulers")... and we really haven't gotten any other nibbles on this thread. When should I throw the login info up here? I'm thinking Tuesday-ish.

2.) Because we really haven't gotten any other nibbles, and this thread is now a month old, would anyone mind if I did some recruiting from some other online areas starting when I release the league login/pass info on this thread? I have one resource I'm pretty sure I can fill the league almost instantly from... which leads me to my slightly off-topic question...

3.) Anyone interested in a fictional simulation basketball league? I run one, and we have a couple of "ownership" openings - we go year-round at a rate of about 4-5 seasons in one "real time" year (the league is now in its 18th(!) season). If you think this might be you, check out http://www.ijbl.net and drop me an e-mail (my handle there is "WigNosy" - very long story). It's from the group of guys here that I think I should be able to recruit as many basketball junkies as we need to fill our ranks in the Yahoo league... and the sooner we fill our ranks, the sooner we can start our pre-draft. :)

Thoughts, guys?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads