Enworld Short Story Smackdown (aka Ceramic DM) - sign-up thread

tadk

Explorer
why do i torture myself this way
more strapped for time and energy
i am going to take another stab at it
count me in if you care to read more of my writing.
:)

Hellefire

First Post
current list

As for now, the list is:

judges:
Rodrigo Instalindir
EP
maxfieldjadenfox

alt judge:

writers:
Hellefire
yangnome
awayfarer
FickleGM
Toras
Cevalic
tadk

alt writers:
Herremann the Wise
questing gm

Please verify that you can judge/write at your listed capacity! The finalized list will be posted in the next 2-3 days.

Aaron

With all due respect to EP, in the past we've required judges to be past competitors. It doesn't seem fair to let a writer's fate rest with someone who hasn't been in their shoes.

yangnome

First Post
hello all,

With all due respect to EP, in the past we've required judges to be past competitors. It doesn't seem fair to let a writer's fate rest with someone who hasn't been in their shoes.

I was going to ask the same thing. Having judges who have been through the ringer has been a long standing tradition of CDM, at least as I recall. No offense to EP, but I'd rather see him write this time around and judge later if interested.

Aside from that, I look forward to this competition. Any idea what we're looking at for a target start date?

Hellefire

First Post
bah

To tell the truth, I wanted to win at least one competition before I felt I had the aptitude to judge another. Considering the thought just considered though, for this competition I will change the roles of myself and EP. Just for now. In the future, as always, I prefer to compete.

Aaron

Last edited:

Hellefire

First Post
Current list

judges:
Rodrigo Instalindir (verified)
Hellefire (verified)
maxfieldjadenfox

alt judge:

writers:
EP
yangnome
awayfarer
FickleGM
Toras
Cevalic
tadk

alt writers:
Herremann the Wise
questing gm
freeXenox

Note:
As of this editing, challenges will be, round1: writer1 vs. writer 2, writer 3 vs. writer 4, writer 5 vs. writer 6, writer 7 vs. writer 8, round2: winner 1 vs winner2, winner 3 vs. winner 4, round 3: grandwinner 1 vs. grandwinner 2. Winner: Winner of round 3.

I would rather more competitors and judges, but I accept what we have. Please verify you current standing.

aaron

Last edited:

Remove ads