Toras (verified)
Cevalic
tadk (verified)

alt writers:
questing gm (verified)
freeXenox (verified)
Trench

Herreman and Berandor - thanks a ton!!!

Still need verification from EP, yangnome, Avatar V, awayfarer, Cevalic and Trench. I'll leave it up to the judges to decide if we'll have an 8-writer or other competition, and all the specifics. At the moment we have 3 verified judges, a verified alt judge, 4 verified writers, and 2 verified alt-writers (who might be just writers, depending on how the judges decide to structure things).

Aaron

In the previous CDM, I was doubtful of the whole second chance thing. However, having judged through it, I am quite taken by the format.

Let's say for example all our writers put their hand up, that gives us 12 writers with six first round match-ups, meaning six writers progressing through to the second round. We could have a situation where the the top two losers round out a top 8 and then progressing through from there naturally. In short, I would prefer this to triple match-ups (which are real tough on the competitors and even tougher on the judges).

However, perhaps we're best sticking to the usual format. Start with the 8 writers and away we go. Thoughts?

***​

Fellow judges, I have a few thoughts regarding picture selections. However, this is certainly not conversation that should be bandied about like naked bottoms out of an office window. What protocol would you all wish to follow in this regard?

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

PS: Competitors, as I have been spurned by Lady Death, you can bet that I'll be in a foul mood when I judge. Only your best efforts will suffice, otherwise expect a malleting from the foxy one... and maybe some harsh words from me. As for Rodrigo, he's the overly friendly guy so expect to be struck at worst by several marshmallows.

PSS: Berandor, good to have you in the wings. :)

Herremann the Wise said:
PS: Competitors, as I have been spurned by Lady Death, you can bet that I'll be in a foul mood when I judge. Only your best efforts will suffice, otherwise expect a malleting from the foxy one... and maybe some harsh words from me. As for Rodrigo, he's the overly friendly guy so expect to be struck at worst by several marshmallows.

PSS: Berandor, good to have you in the wings. :)

What, judges are allowed to smack-talk? Oh, you're in for a *world* of hurt, Herremann. We'll see if you have another conenient 'Internet issue' when the going gets rough this time :lol: Besides, I don't have a scythe or a mallet, but I have a really dandy rapier.

I'm cool with the 6x2, winners+2 advance format. Seemed to work well last time. And we seem to have a lot of new faces this go around, so I'd like to include them all if possible. The more spirits to crush, the better, I always say.

Hellefire

First Post
updated list

judges:
Rodrigo Instalindir (verified)
Herremann the Wise (verified)
maxfieldjadenfox (verified)

alt judge:
Berandor (verified)

writers:
Hellefire (verified)
EP
yangnome
awayfarer (verified)
FickleGM (verified)
Toras (verified)
Cevalic (verified)
tadk (verified)
questing gm (verified)
freeXenox (verified)
Trench

Moving all writers to main list, as per judges thoughts on the matter. Questing gm, you verified yourself as an alt writer - is that because you were on the alt list or do you jsut want to be considered if an alt is needed?

Aaron

Last edited:

Herremann, I sent you an email to the address I had from last year -- the optusnet one. If that's not still valid, drop me an email at jokline at operamail dot com or PM me here.

I'm thinking a next-Thursday (the 5th) start for the first round, but if any matchups want to go earlier, speak up.

FickleGM

Explorer
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
Herremann, I sent you an email to the address I had from last year -- the optusnet one. If that's not still valid, drop me an email at jokline at operamail dot com or PM me here.

I'm thinking a next-Thursday (the 5th) start for the first round, but if any matchups want to go earlier, speak up.
Starting next Thursday is fine by me.

maxfieldjadenfox

First Post
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
What, judges are allowed to smack-talk? Oh, you're in for a *world* of hurt, Herremann. We'll see if you have another conenient 'Internet issue' when the going gets rough this time :lol: Besides, I don't have a scythe or a mallet, but I have a really dandy rapier.

I'm cool with the 6x2, winners+2 advance format. Seemed to work well last time. And we seem to have a lot of new faces this go around, so I'd like to include them all if possible. The more spirits to crush, the better, I always say.

It's no fun without the smacktalk, Rodrigo... I like the 12, 8, 4, 2 format as well. Yes, lets. And the timing of starting next Thursday is fine.

Remove ads