Enworld Short Story Smackdown (aka Ceramic DM) - sign-up thread

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Just saw this now. Is it too late to join in?

*someone against me can get in an easy win* ;)

I enjoy writing, but I don't know if I'm any good, so I would like to make some sort of attempt.

Hrm that would mess with the 12 person thing though. blah.

yangnome

First Post
I'm in as well. I prefer to have a Sunday or Monday to write, but shoudl be able to conform to anything. If this contest runs long, I will be gone for GenCon in mid-August. Hopefully, I will have laid everyone else to waste by then though.

Hellefire

First Post
current list

judges:
Rodrigo Instalindir (verified)
Herremann the Wise (verified)
maxfieldjadenfox (verified)

alt judge:
Berandor (verified)

writers:
Hellefire (verified)
EP
yangnome (verified)
awayfarer (verified)
FickleGM (verified)
Toras (verified)
Cevalic (verified)
tadk (verified)
questing gm (verified)
freeXenox (verified)
Trench (verified)

alt writers:
Dog Moon (verified)

Almost ready...

EP and Avatar V - still need verification please

questing gm - still need to know if you want to write or be considered an alt writer

Dog Moon - putting you on alt list. If either of EP or Avatar V can't make it, or if questing gm would rather be an alt, or if someone has to drop out, you're in.

Aaron

p.s. schedule - We're looking at a 4-round competition. Though we can hasten it a bit depending on how concurrent and back-to-back rounds are stacked, a lot depends on judge schedules. I don't think it's unreasonable to allow a week per round, plus another couple weeks for unforeseen delays and sanity, which puts us done beginning to mid August. Then again, the best laid plans of mice and men...:)

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Hellefire said:
Dog Moon - putting you on alt list. If either of EP or Avatar V can't make it, or if questing gm would rather be an alt, or if someone has to drop out, you're in.

Cool, thanks. Thought that might happen.

Just a quick bump!

Actually, it appears we have ten writer's confirmed as well as one confirmed alternate. At this point as one of the judge's, I'd like to get things moving so we can organise a draw.

EP and Avatar V: you have 24 hours from the publishing of this post to verify your participation, otherwise we will have to make alternative arrangements.

The judges would like to publish a draw soon after this deadline. There will be six first-round matches with the first matchup on Thursday. I will post a thread on picture use some time today that might help some of you understand what the judges are looking for.

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

Hellefire

First Post
As it turns out, some of my wife's family flew into town and I have somewhere I have to go Saturday. If we are doing all round 1 matches at the same time, I will simply have to be crative faster (for starting on Thursday). If not, please schedule my match for last. Either way is ok with me. If I am starting on Thursday, a start time as early as possible would be great. Just a request, don't necessarily move things around inordinately just for me.

Aaron

Remove ads