Enworld Short Story Smackdown (aka Ceramic DM) - sign-up thread

Hellefire said:
To tell the truth, I wanted to win at least one competition before I felt I had the aptitude to judge another. Considering the thought just considered though, for this competition I will change the roles of myself and EP. Just for now. In the future, as always, I prefer to compete.

Aaron

FWIW, I didn't win my first one until after my first or second judging stint. It gives you a different perspective, and I think it made me better (at Ceramic DM, anyway), because I learned to recognize what worked and what didn't, and my writing got tighter and more focused as a result. The downside is that I now find it harder to write longer stuff :)

Trench

First Post
Huh... Just noticed this thread.

If it's still possible to get in as a writer, I'd like to give it a go. I love these writer's harolds... If I'm too late, c'est la vie.

Hellefire

First Post
updated list

judges:
Rodrigo Instalindir (verified)
Hellefire (verified)
maxfieldjadenfox (verified)

alt judge:

writers:
EP
yangnome
awayfarer
FickleGM
Toras
Cevalic
tadk

alt writers:
Herremann the Wise
questing gm
freeXenox
Trench

All writers and alts please confirm. If everyone is still up for it, maybe we'll do a 12-writer contest. Judges please email me at aaronblairak (at) yahoo (dot) co (dot) uk, so we can work out particulars.

Aaron

Hello Everyone,

Hellefire. If your really, really, really wanted to write, I suppose I could slip into the judging chair again. (I'll leave this your call).

Alas, there would be no Lady Death or panel of judging imps to rely upon, just my meagre homegrown opinions. Lady Death has spurned me for the moment, me obviously not having impressed her upon the previous CDM - she has a most fickle and capricious nature, (surprising considering who normally wields her).

My capacity as a writer is one that I may not be able to guarantee - due to a sporadic work schedule. Judging allows you a little more flexibility, if more work overall - which is OK by me. I'll try my best to fit into whichever capacity works best for everyone.

maxfieldjadenfox said:
I've requested a judging hammer from the same catalogue where Herremann found Lady Death. I hope it comes in time...
Arrival of the scythe was always weird (whether by strangely shaped package or even stranger courier). It was always a shock for me though when Death himself retrieved her... kind of wondering whether he was off duty or not can give you a little bit of a scare. ;)

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

maxfieldjadenfox

First Post
Herremann, it would be an honor to judge with you. Or to judge you... :) As far as the hammer goes, The catalogue said it was a genuine troll's hammer, which seemed appropriate for judging a competition like this. However, the description warned that it tends to change weight and shape and can be unwieldly. I'll have to see if I can handle it.

Remove ads