• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic D&D campaign (still recruiting)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Noooooooooooooooo!!! I must resist. I must. :-S

But 30th lvl - 30th lvl :erm: No resist...

30th lvl I would get to finally play my Wizard10/Cleric10/Mystic Theurge10 :D

No resist darn you... :mad:

Can't I am weak... :(

And I am in at 30th lvl if that is where we start. :p

HM

Shayuri

First Post
Some requests vis a vis sources:

- Warforged race and associated content from Eberron books.
- Magic Item Compendium.
- Tome of 9 Swords
- Spell Compendium
- Epic Warlock article on Wizards' website (now archived)

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
Damn... I think Shay is going for a Lock... which is where I was going to head too :/... roshambo you for it Shay?! LOL

Rathan

First Post
Ok.. I think I'm changing my mind on the level here... looking into a character concept... I wouldn't mind playing a vampire lock or vampire something else... but with a +8 level adj. I'm finding it hard to even getting one an epic feat.. perhaps 35 would be better? heh

Rathan

First Post
To be honest... I don't see any epic feats I'd really be interested in in the sources I have access to for a lock... now for a psion I'm contemplating.. maybe heh...

Shay: Do you plan on playing a lock or no?

Dharuhk Svahre

First Post
Hmm. Trapped on an island. So from that I assume we probably shouldn't invest too heavily on spells or items that give us long range or planar travel abilities, eh? :)

Long range teleportation is fine. The island is big enough for that to be useful. Planeshift... would be out of place. I'll let you guys know now there is a barrier outside the island that prevents leaving its radius. This barrier does extend through other planes (so all the other planes do have a part to play, just they can't take you back to the material anywhere other than the island)

Ok.. well no one else seems to be jumping on the level question so I guess I'll throw out some numbers here.

I'd say at least 30... 30 is a nice round number but if someone wants something else please speak up but 30 is my vote at the moment...

EDIT: Also Dharuhk Svahre... what are we doing for stats?... Point buy?... If so how many points? 4d6 drop lowest?

EDIT2: Also... where are we starting wealth-wise at 30?

30 is fine with me. Seems to be the general concensus. 30's wealth is 4.3 million. Stat system is no lower than 10, no higher than 18. Each stat is point for point (so an 18 is worth 18 points). 90 points in total.

Some requests vis a vis sources:

- Warforged race and associated content from Eberron books.
- Magic Item Compendium.
- Tome of 9 Swords
- Spell Compendium
- Epic Warlock article on Wizards' website (now archived)

Get me a link to the epic warlock, spell compendium is all fine, tome of nine swords is good mostly, but I reserve the right to say no to things considering I don't no what you're using it for. Eberron is all fine. Magic Item Compendium... k I'm gonna go on the middle ground for this. Any item is ok BUT nobody is allowed to take any items from that book multiple times, in any way shape or form. Multiple weapons are ok. As well, any cost discrepancies that come up will go to the dmg, NOT MiC.

Ok.. I think I'm changing my mind on the level here... looking into a character concept... I wouldn't mind playing a vampire lock or vampire something else... but with a +8 level adj. I'm finding it hard to even getting one an epic feat.. perhaps 35 would be better? heh

If you want 35 convince everybody else to agree and I'm down with it. The higher the better in my mind.

Jemal

Adventurer
Dharuhk - I believe Shayuri's referring to This page Which is the page I was going to ask to use before I saw that Shay was interested in warlock.

Well, lets see what other concepts does the red fisted wonder have..

Hmm, well first question : What's your take on Summoning in this place, you've said that planar travel is a bad idea, but how about planar ally/summon monster/etc?

As far as level, I too am of the 'bigger is better' school, but it's not a deal breaker for me. Anything over 20 is my playground. :D

Also, question re: power level. How powerful do you want us to be in relation to 'standard' epic characters/challenges? My character will be equally Role-play worthy and story-driven regardless of whether he's 'average' or 'superman' level. I prefer playing a character who has a right to call himself epic other than an abundance of XP.

and finally, my guess as to the Hycatoncheidra - Hydra/hecatoncheirs hybrid?

Remove ads