• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic D&D campaign (still recruiting)

Vertexx69

First Post
Mmmm epic lvl goodness. :D

How do you feel about improving specific items, with the premade enhancements in the books, per the MIC ie: adding Holy to a Sunblade)?

I am of the same mind as Jemal where lvl and epicness is concerned. The greatest beings in creation shouldn't waste their saturday nights playing cards, and should be able to hang in almost any situation, combat or not.

Looks like so far the ranged blaster role is being battled over, there was a multi-caster and a psion mentioned. Maybe something roguely would be a good direction for me to try as my first attempt at a strong druid destroyed the game :p, unless wipey is what you're expecting.

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
I've decided to work on a Elan strait Psion for now. I've never been a fan of 6000 classes for one character, never made sense to me. lol

EDIT: Asked by Vertexx as well, but I thought I'd ask here as well, In the DMG it states multiple abilities on one item state highest cost is double plus the other abilities cost as well. so a Belt of Giant Str and Health (Combining an amulet of health and a belt of giant str) would cost 36000 gp for one of the abilities and 72000 for the other correct?

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Well I've been talking with my roomie, and he's helped me nail down some specifics on a rather intriguing concept thats been kickin around my head for a while.

It started out as "Ursa the bear god" (He was originally going to be a bug-bear, Wearbear, Bear Warrior.. hehe), but has since evolved into a less bear-specific, more general "Nature's Fury" Druidic kind of character. He'll be a definite front-line fighter, but He's not a 'brute' nor is he a super-buff mage (Though being a druid, there will be some buffing involved). He's a fairly peaceful character, slow to anger, but once he's angered.. well, see above re: BEAR

Figured I should run the basics by the DM to see if he has a specific problem with anything (Or questions about why I'm using any particular part)

Feral Half-Ogre Draconic Wearbear Cleric1/Druid3/Sorc4/Geomancer10 with Vow of Poverty.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Rathan/Vertexx - Unless Dharuhk decides to Houserule it, the way item stacking works is thus:
Take the most expensive function.
Add 1.5X cost of Each other function.

Double the cost (In addition to the 1.5X, for a total of 3X if its not allready the most expensive)) of any function that would be out of place in that slot. (IE adding +6 Str to boots)

EXAMPLES:
Ring of Feather falling/Evasion = 20,000 for Evasion + (2,200X1.5)=3,300 for Feather Fall = 23,300 GP
Boots of Ogres Speed = Belt of Ogres might +6(36,000X2*Wrong slot*)=72,000 + Boots of speed(12,000X1.5)=18,000 = 90,000 GP

Stacking weapons/armour is a lot trickier b/c of the way they do the math on them, for those I'd suggest getting the DM to figure out what he thinks is an appropriate price.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I have a plot question before I can think on equipment and such.

So we are all trapped on this large island with no memory of our past lives. And we will have all this great gear and abilities and know how to use them.

Will we know about the world the island is on? Will Know History and other checks be useful? I can get into select forgetfulness as this mad scientist guy knew all the buttons to push. I bet he wanted to make great heroes into his mindless slaves to use to help defeat whoever got in his way. Smart plan but somehow we got out (will we remember that?)

I ask because I may go bard 10. So no need for spellbooks or early morning reading. I am seeing a bardic cleric and go healing and face man. A real wishes to enjoy the finer things in life... wine, women, music, women, art, women, gambling etc. (did I mention women?).

So whatever love goddess your world has he will worship her.

From a crunch aspect how many creature have immunity to sonics?? - Maximized Greater Shout anyone? :p

HM

Shayuri

First Post
The only creature immune to sonics that I recall is the destrachan.

Sonic is generally considered to be the top energy choice as far as evading damage reduction. Very little is even resistant, let alone immune. On the other hand, sonic damage spells tend to do less damage per dice than other energies.

Jemal

Adventurer
Don't forget Slaad. They were created by the howling chaos of Limbo. A little sound don't bother them.

EDIT:
Also, to the DM, Just realized there are a few parts of my currently suggested build that are outside of your listed sources.
*Dropped Feral b/c it's too over-powered and kinda cheesy, and upgraded Draconic to Half-dragon*

Half-Dragon Half-Ogre Wearbear Cleric1/Druid3/Sorc4/Geomancer9 with Vow of Poverty
Half ogre is from Savage Species.
What say ye?

*EDIT Response to xp comment: Nay, I know many things far worse than Vow, especially at Epic. :D

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
Thanks for the rundown on the item cost rules Jemal.. I'll have you check my numbers later after I get my magic equipment mostly if not totally shored up! :D

Remove ads