• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic D&D campaign (still recruiting)

Vertexx69

First Post
Ok I'm thinking Laosu, is a Vampire (+8LA) Thri-Kreen (non psionic +1LA) 2 / Rogue 10 / Warblade 4 / Master of Nine 5. A shadowy stalker of a warrior poet, who's cold and alien voice spouts dark knowledge from beyond his own grave. (If we go lvl 35 then he will be rogue 15.)

Dharuhk Svahre

First Post
Dharuhk - I believe Shayuri's referring to This page Which is the page I was going to ask to use before I saw that Shay was interested in warlock.

Well, lets see what other concepts does the red fisted wonder have..

Hmm, well first question : What's your take on Summoning in this place, you've said that planar travel is a bad idea, but how about planar ally/summon monster/etc?

As far as level, I too am of the 'bigger is better' school, but it's not a deal breaker for me. Anything over 20 is my playground. :D

Also, question re: power level. How powerful do you want us to be in relation to 'standard' epic characters/challenges? My character will be equally Role-play worthy and story-driven regardless of whether he's 'average' or 'superman' level. I prefer playing a character who has a right to call himself epic other than an abundance of XP.

and finally, my guess as to the Hycatoncheidra - Hydra/hecatoncheirs hybrid?

I didn't say planar travel is bad, I said it doesn't really fit. If you want to go galavanting on the plane of nothings happening until you get bored an dgo back to the plot go ahead :p. Summoning is just fine. For the epic warlock, I apologize but my time is limited right now so I'll check it over later. As for power level, I don't care how strong you are, but fellow pcs might. If we do have split parties it may be best to have them decently mathcing in the power spectrum. Lastly for your guess, its close but not quite on the mark.

Also Dharuhk Svahre, how do you want HP handled? Roll it... Average HP... Max... something else?

HPs will be rolled.

Mmmm epic lvl goodness. :D

How do you feel about improving specific items, with the premade enhancements in the books, per the MIC ie: adding Holy to a Sunblade)?

I am of the same mind as Jemal where lvl and epicness is concerned. The greatest beings in creation shouldn't waste their saturday nights playing cards, and should be able to hang in almost any situation, combat or not.

Looks like so far the ranged blaster role is being battled over, there was a multi-caster and a psion mentioned. Maybe something roguely would be a good direction for me to try as my first attempt at a strong druid destroyed the game :p, unless wipey is what you're expecting.

I don't like the idea of improving specific items. Honestly in my mind if they were meant to be played with they would have just made them enhancements. And their effects for cost are usually better than norm because they can't be played with.

I have a plot question before I can think on equipment and such.

So we are all trapped on this large island with no memory of our past lives. And we will have all this great gear and abilities and know how to use them.

Will we know about the world the island is on? Will Know History and other checks be useful? I can get into select forgetfulness as this mad scientist guy knew all the buttons to push. I bet he wanted to make great heroes into his mindless slaves to use to help defeat whoever got in his way. Smart plan but somehow we got out (will we remember that?)

I ask because I may go bard 10. So no need for spellbooks or early morning reading. I am seeing a bardic cleric and go healing and face man. A real wishes to enjoy the finer things in life... wine, women, music, women, art, women, gambling etc. (did I mention women?).

So whatever love goddess your world has he will worship her.

From a crunch aspect how many creature have immunity to sonics?? - Maximized Greater Shout anyone? :p

HM

K, first off you got things a little backwards. You still have all your old memories, right up until you died. (everyone make sure they work how they died into their characters btw). You know nothing of the world you are in. To you it might as well be the morning after you died instead of how many years or centuries ect its actually been. As for knowledge checks, they will still be applicable in that you will be applying your knowledge of things you've seen and known in order to make an educated guess. Example: Knowledge history would not give an exact answer of what you want to know, but examples of similar cultures and actions that give your character a reasonable guess.

Ok I'm thinking Laosu, is a Vampire (+8LA) Thri-Kreen (non psionic +1LA) 2 / Rogue 10 / Warblade 4 / Master of Nine 5. A shadowy stalker of a warrior poet, who's cold and alien voice spouts dark knowledge from beyond his own grave. (If we go lvl 35 then he will be rogue 15.)

Let me stop you right here, I don't allow Thri-Kreen, Its one of my few dislikes of 3.5 d&d. I apologize if this hinders your concept, everything else is fine.

Have you room for one more?

Looking at Rouge/Shadow Dancer/Perfect Wight.

Also, what are you doing about hit-points?

Yes I have room for one more.

Btw, I haven't really used it much before, but the multiquote feature sure is awesome.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I like my fluff for the bard/cleric so am gearing towards that. Not optimum like some but will be fun.

All our equipment (4.3 million worth :confused:) needs to be on our person correct?

Roll HP - I like that (but I is crazy :p)

Ok I have a busy weekend and decisions to make but will have something beyond the concept soon.

HM

Shayuri

First Post
A question! The epic feat: Damage Reduction normally gives DR 3/- per application of the feat. Would it be permissible for me to downgrade that to DR 3/cold iron, so it would stack with the natural DR that warlocks gain as a class feature?

Having DR 10/cold iron is better than having DR 7/cold iron and DR 3/-.

Would that be okay?

Vertexx69

First Post
As an example, one of the planned recurring baddies of this campaign is going to be called a Hycatoncheidra. I'll give a bonus to the first person to figure out what it is :p
I'm thinking its a type of ancient hundred headed hydra that has gotten so big it is buried underground and heads just pop out of the soil to attack things at random all over the island.

Alrighty then elven vampire it is. It does give me 3 extra class lvls to dump into his classes anyway. So we're at rogue 12 / Swordsage 5 / Master of Nine 5 right now.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
So what were your thoughts on my idea for a Half-Dragon Half-Ogre Wearbear Cleric1/Druid3/Sorc4/Geomancer9 with Vow of Poverty?
Half ogre is from Savage Species.
Vow of Poerty is book of Exalted Deeds.

I'm looking at the ultimate Archdruid. :D

Vertexx69

First Post
Lycanthropy can only be passed or born to humanoids and giants. So no matter how you build it, half dragon and were-anything cannot exist in the same body bud. As long as its type is dragon, its immune to the lycan gene. Same with feral as it changes your type to monstrous humanoid. When I built my super beast, I went Minotaur wearbear for a nasty combo. But if flying is your intent, there are a bunch of items that can do it for you around the 50k mark.

And more questions:
Can I add the strait money abilities to specific items, like adding Everbright (+2,000g MIC pg34) to the pair of souldrinkers I plan to mainly use?

Since I'm dual wielding would it be ok if I bought pairs of weapon crystals so I can add an effect to both weapons at the same time?

Can we buy our epic items intelligence, or roll for it randomly? I'm thinking nothing more vocal than empathy to cut down on NPC banter.

How would you feel about using the Pathfinder bonuses and class features for base classes and feat progression?

Last edited:

Dharuhk Svahre

First Post
I like my fluff for the bard/cleric so am gearing towards that. Not optimum like some but will be fun.

All our equipment (4.3 million worth :confused:) needs to be on our person correct?

Roll HP - I like that (but I is crazy :p)

Ok I have a busy weekend and decisions to make but will have something beyond the concept soon.

HM

If you want things not on your person we will have to work out the details on a case by case basis.

A question! The epic feat: Damage Reduction normally gives DR 3/- per application of the feat. Would it be permissible for me to downgrade that to DR 3/cold iron, so it would stack with the natural DR that warlocks gain as a class feature?

Having DR 10/cold iron is better than having DR 7/cold iron and DR 3/-.

Would that be okay?

I don't like the idea of changing the DR on the epic feat, because there is already a non-epic feat geared for that. Its not quite as good, but it does not use an epic feat so its better and worse. Look up thick-skinned from savage species. Or if you don't have the book, it just increases existing DR by 2.

Another stupid question/clarification. Does the 90 points 18 max for abilities include ability increases from levelling?

Its like rolling, you have your max for the base stat then level and racial bonus ect are all added afterwards.

I'm thinking its a type of ancient hundred headed hydra that has gotten so big it is buried underground and heads just pop out of the soil to attack things at random all over the island.

Alrighty then elven vampire it is. It does give me 3 extra class lvls to dump into his classes anyway. So we're at rogue 12 / Swordsage 5 / Master of Nine 5 right now.

And we have our winner. The answer was a 100 headed hydra. Though in this case since the level ended up being 30, not the max of 40, so you will be fighting one that is currently in development at a mere 41 heads. As for your prize, put a +2 in any ability score you choose. Merry Christmas. Jemal, because you were close I'll give you the runner up prize of a +1 to any stat.

So what were your thoughts on my idea for a Half-Dragon Half-Ogre Wearbear Cleric1/Druid3/Sorc4/Geomancer9 with Vow of Poverty?
Half ogre is from Savage Species.
Vow of Poerty is book of Exalted Deeds.

I'm looking at the ultimate Archdruid. :D

Character looks fun, but we will have to see what to do about the lycanthrope problem. Also, pitch me an epic progression for vow of poverty, and we'll go from there.

Last edited:

Remove ads