• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic D&D campaign (still recruiting)

Shayuri

First Post
Elwynn's base hps.

I give up! My luck with dice rollers has struck again. I would never be able to survive this with my luck. Much less as a melee character. Come on 14 rolls of two or below?!

Hmm...not as bad as you think. Here.

Averages:
3d4 = 7.5
19d6 = 66.5
2d8 = 9
5d10 = 27.5
+8
Average result of all: 118.5

You're only a few points down. Slap a decent Con bonus on there and you're in business.

rangerjohn

Explorer
What happens when I start rolling ones and twos to hit? The best con I can have is 33 thats 11* 30 =330 +111= 441 for a melee character with low ac?

Shayuri

First Post
If you roll 1's and 2's to hit, then you'll miss. Happens to the best of us. :)

441HP is right on par with the rest of us though. More than Omega has by a comfortable amount.

And it's not like you'll be fighting alone. Relax...we've got your back.

Oh, and I wouldn't worry about AC. You have the potential for some catastrophic AC's. As in, very high.

If you REALLY are worried, max out your Knowledge: Nature ranks and get the Dragon Wild Shape epic feat.

Your AC troubles will be over. :)

rangerjohn

Explorer
I'm worried about that combined with a low touch ac. Most of my defense would come from armor, shield, and natural armor. All of which don't apply to touch ac. Matter of fact the only form I can think of that wouldn't be don't roll a one to hit is air elemental.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Touch attacks are far from common. And you'll have dozens of spells handy to help protect you. Trust me, this is a powerful character. A little ingenuity between forms and spells will get you past most challenges.

Vertexx69

First Post
Epic lvl is where the 2 or 20 philosophy comes into play, where enemies need either a 20 to hit you or only a 2.

A couple things I used though are the augment crystals from MIC: the greater arrow deflection shield crystal for +5 ac vs any ranged (including touch), and the greater armor crystal of screening for a -10 penalty to incorporeal attacks (including touch) against you.

ghostcat

First Post
Anyone have any suggestions for my fourth Favoured Enemy. I already have orc, outsider(evil) and undead, which come directly from my history. Problem is said history does not imply a fourth. So anything I choose, will be sort of a wildcard.

[MENTION=6668704]Dharuhk Svahre[/MENTION]. Ready when you are. Can you let me know where to start as I deliberately haven't read the IC thread so far. Also. What are we doing about mumdane equipment; eg. rope, iron spikes, water skins, etc. Are we supposed to select it or are we just using if we need it we have it approach?

Remove ads