EPIC (M&M - Recruiting) CLOSED

Calinon

First Post
I've done a brief update to the site. The main addition is a link under "Characters" to an excel character builder that is tres excellent! Hats off to Mister Simpson for designing it. I can't imagine the work that was involved.

Velmont

First Post
Is there any house rule or we will follow all the rules by the books? General house rules: Skills are bought at 2 or 3 for 1 PP. Alternate Form, you can't buy stunt for another alternate form.

Edit: Forget that, I have found my answers...

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Calinon, sign me up for this or at least take my name down... I'll read all of your background stuff before I decided what type of character to play.

I've made 2 characters for M&M one mental, figuratively and literally, and an "original" so I can do many of things. :)

Calinon

First Post
Brother Shatterstone said:
Calinon, sign me up for this or at least take my name down... I'll read all of your background stuff before I decided what type of character to play.

I've made 2 characters for M&M one mental, figuratively and literally, and an "original" so I can do many of things. :)
Cool beans Shatt :) You can take your pick. Post an outline when you get a chance.

blackshirt5

First Post
Alright then, I'll come up with something else; the character is really pretty dependent on the Realm of Faerie; he's not a mutant with delusions of elvenkind; he IS elvenkind.

I'm thinking either Andrew Grimm, a mutant possessed of some limited heightened abilities(not to the level of superman, think more like a low-end supersoldier) with aspirations of being a gunslinger.

Or Hawkwing the Ranger, a tracker who fights with sword and bow; always be prepared. The utility belt never looked so cool as when a sword is hanging next to it, baby. :)

Calinon

First Post
blackshirt5 said:
Alright then, I'll come up with something else; the character is really pretty dependent on the Realm of Faerie; he's not a mutant with delusions of elvenkind; he IS elvenkind.

I'm thinking either Andrew Grimm, a mutant possessed of some limited heightened abilities(not to the level of superman, think more like a low-end supersoldier) with aspirations of being a gunslinger.

Or Hawkwing the Ranger, a tracker who fights with sword and bow; always be prepared. The utility belt never looked so cool as when a sword is hanging next to it, baby. :)
Both ideas sound nifty!

Calinon

First Post
Here's an example of the sort of thing to post regarding character concepts. I tried to pick something it was highly unlikely anyone else would do. This is the sort of thing that will end up in the rogues gallery.

Rebound
Jackson Burton
PL: 8 (120PP)

Abilities: 20PP
STR 12
DEX 14
CON 14
INT 14
WIS 12
CHA 14

Saves
Damage: +2
Fort: +2
Ref: +2
Will: +1

Combat: 12PP
Base Attack: 2 (Melee +3, Ranged +4, Mental +3)
Base Defense: 3 (Defense 15, Flat Footed 13, Mental 14)
Initiative: +2
Movement: Run (30/60/120); Bounce (40/80/160)

Feats: 4PP
Move-By-Attack, Aerial Combat (flaw: linked to bouncing), Power Attack (flaw: linked to bouncing)

Powers: 68PP
Elaciticy +8 [Flaw: one form only (human ball); Stunt: bouncing; Extra: protection +8 (flaw: kinetic energy only; extra: impervious to penetrating attacks); extra: immovability +8; extra: growth +6 (flaw: heroic effort, concentration required, tiring)]

Trained Skills: 16PP (Total/Rank)
Computers 7/5; Craft (robotics) 6/4; Craft (computers) 6/4; Demolitions 5/3 (+2 computers); Disable Device 4/2 (+2 computers); Open Lock 2/0 (+2 computers); Science (robotics) 6/4; Science (computers) 6/4; Search 4/2; Spot 3/2; Swim 3/2

Appearance
Jackson is the fat kid. He wears spectacles and has freckles. He is of average height and overweight, with blonde hair and blue eyes. When he engages his powers, he swells up like a ball.

Personality
Jackson is cheerful and smart. He loves a good joke but is sensitive about his weight. He loves building robots and tinkering with computerized equipment.

History
Jackson was born in Liverpool in England. His family lives in a small house near the outskirts of the city. Jackson has always been the smartest of the children; his brothers and father are all in construction. His mother is a secretary for a law firm. His baby sister is only 10 years old. Jackson showed early affinity for computers and later took up making small robots for the "Robot Wars" circuit. He has become a regular fixture on the show.

At age 14, the blood test for the mutant gene came back positive and indicated that his powers would surface soon. Without enough money to enroll Jackson in any special institute to make sure he and others weren't harmed by his mutation, the Burton's kept Jackson in normal school. A few days after his fifteenth birthday, things rather... blew up. Literally.

Sitting in class, he suddenly puffed up. His clothes ripped as he became a human ball. Unable to control his power, local authorities cut out a wall and lifted the inflated boy from the school. He was stuck this way for nearly a week, during which he had to be fed and bathed. He was dreadfully embarassed and it still upsets him to think on it. To help him cope, his aunt and uncle let him move in with them on their farm for a few months, while he learned to control and adapt to his new found mutation.

The farm episode worked wonders for him. He regained his confidence and moved back home, and went back to school. While he got a bit of teasing, most kids just wanted to see what he could do. Despite having a very odd power, he was suddenly very popular. He became more popular when he foiled a bank robbery in Liverpool. Armed robbers entered the bank where he and his mother were. Scared for a moment, he suddenly inflated, knocking one of the robbers flying. The other two opened fire, and bullets simply bounced off him. Rapidly bouncing about the room, he crushed both robbers unconscious. It was all caught on tape, making him an instant local celebrity.

The armed forces gave him some tests, but ruled his powers to odd to be of any serious use. Thanks to his slight celebrity however, he has just received an invitation to the EPIC Institute, much to his excitement and his parents pride.

blackshirt5

First Post
Question: Would you be averse to Hawkwing(I've decided on playing him, as opposed to Andrew Grimm; I think Grimm works better as a villain, with a gang backing him) A) Being only loosely connected to EPIC; B)Having a patron/mentor, named Galford(we can work out his powers together, I guess; I never really put down on paper what they were); and C) Creating a sword out of psychic force, a la Psylocke or, the original inspiration for him, a Psi-Knight in Rifts?

Remove ads