EPIC (M&M - Recruiting) CLOSED

Calinon

First Post
blackshirt5 said:
Question: Would you be averse to Hawkwing(I've decided on playing him, as opposed to Andrew Grimm; I think Grimm works better as a villain, with a gang backing him) A) Being only loosely connected to EPIC; B)Having a patron/mentor, named Galford(we can work out his powers together, I guess; I never really put down on paper what they were); and C) Creating a sword out of psychic force, a la Psylocke or, the original inspiration for him, a Psi-Knight in Rifts?
Hawkwing will be fine. You could create it out of your psychic powers, thus removing the item flaw. A good example is Shimmering Samurai from another campaign I was a part of. Here's his, based off his light control power. He too is PL 8 and it was a powerful little item:

Light Control +6 [Extra: Light Katana +4 {Stunt: Penetrating Attack (x2); Extra: Not a device}

Velmont

First Post
Stealer
Kevin York
PL: 8 (120PP)
Hero Point: 4

Abilities: 20PP
STR 13
DEX 14
CON 13
INT 10
WIS 14
CHA 16

Saves
Damage: +3 (+4 vs. Backlash)
Fort: +1
Ref: +2
Will: +4

Combat: 7PP
Base Attack: 1 (Melee +2, Ranged +2, Mental +2)
Base Defense: 2 (Defense 13, Flat Footed 12, Mental 13)
Initiative: +2
Movement: Run (30/60/120)
Lift: (50/100/150/300)

Feats: 4PP
Attractive, Connected

Powers: 72PP
Mimic (Powers) +8 [Extra: Additional Attributes(Feats); All Attributes; Continuous; Expanded Power (5PP); Extra Subject x2; Flaw: Backlash;] 9PP;

Trained Skills: 9PP (Total/Rank)
Bluff 8/5; Diplomacy 11/4; Gather Information 5/2; Intimidate 7/2; Sense Motive 7/5

Wealth: 8PP
Wealth Level: 7
Income per year: 1 000 000$

Appearance
Kevin always wears a fashion suit of the most popular designer of the moment. His hair cut is always clean when he goes out in public.

Personality
Kevin is lazy and he will generally work as long as it's keep him as the center of attention.

History
Kevin is the second child of the rich and famous York family. His family is the owner of many big business over all the European Continent. He has lived the rich and lazy life of a boy who could pay to have anything. His father was overprotecting him and he was giving him anything he wanted.

In school, many people was his friend just because of his name, and so he was the leader of his small gang. He was playing the bad boy and no one would really casre about it. He pass throught the elementary school just because his father was paying the school well enough. It became harder to pass exams when he enters college, but it is during that time the first manifestation of his powers come to him. After he had touched his teacher, by accident, he was mastering everything he needed to learn, so it make him more lazy as he had an easy way to pass his exams. No more need to study. Having among the best grades of his class, he cumulates all the honors.

He enters the university in finance and continue to have great grades. But sadly, during his first year, he got a car accident, and he needed to be hospitalized. With the tests the doctors made on him, they discovered his mutation. When it came out in the papers, all his honors were taken back, and he was suspended from the university for an unlimited time.

Frustrated by the situation, seeing all his so call friend turning against him, he finally decided to do something of himself, and he joined the EPIC to prove to everyone that he is not simply a lazy overprotected kid of a rich man, but someone of himself. He has gone to New York to enter the school made by EPIC.
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Calinon

First Post
Velmont said:
Stealer
Kevin York
PL: 8 (120PP)

Powers: 72PP
Mimic (Powers) +8 [Extra: Additional Attributes(Attributes,Skills,Feats); All Attributes; Continuous; Expanded Power; Extra Subject x2; Flaw: Backlash]
Sounds good, but keep in mind that you can only mimic powers up to 3PP per rank, including extras. For the game, if a power can be a stand alone power, you can mimic it at its normal cost. Lets use Rebound as an example.

You can't mimic him at all. His power cost is 8 PP per rank. Most of the characters will probably have a 6-8PP per rank cost of their powers. However, extras not up to the base power rank can be excluded from the mimic attempt, providing you know about them. So, you may want to drop the continuous extra and add the tainted mimicry flaw and put two more points into expanded power.

Having a low power level to mimic could really hurt if you use your all attributes extra on someone :)

Velmont

First Post
Calinon said:
Sounds good, but keep in mind that you can only mimic powers up to 3PP per rank, including extras. For the game, if a power can be a stand alone power, you can mimic it at its normal cost. Lets use Rebound as an example.

You can't mimic him at all. His power cost is 8 PP per rank. Most of the characters will probably have a 6-8PP per rank cost of their powers. However, extras not up to the base power rank can be excluded from the mimic attempt, providing you know about them. So, you may want to drop the continuous extra and add the tainted mimicry flaw and put two more points into expanded power.

Having a low power level to mimic could really hurt if you use your all attributes extra on someone :)

Hmmm... I have taken the Expanded Power extra, which is the ability to mimic power with greater cost for each rank, not each extra, which mean that I can mimic power of cost of 2+[Expanded power rank] = 10. In that way, I would be able to mimic Rebound. I will look again at the description of this extra tonight, but I am pretty sure it's work like that, as it contrast with Extra Subject, which is one extra subject per extra and not rank.

buzzard

First Post
I have an idea for a wrestler type which I had wanted to use in another game, but it got zeroed.

The name would be Straightjacket. He'd be focused on wrapping people up rather like Plastic Man does all the time (or Martian Manhunter sometimes). A straight forward melee type.

Powers would be:
Growth
Elasticity
(maybe Teleportation)

The guy will probably be a bit off-kilter to make a play off the name.

I have the character worked up from before at home. I can probably post him tommorow (my home internet went down yesterday).

buzzard

Calinon

First Post
Velmont said:
Hmmm... I have taken the Expanded Power extra, which is the ability to mimic power with greater cost for each rank, not each extra, which mean that I can mimic power of cost of 2+[Expanded power rank] = 10. In that way, I would be able to mimic Rebound. I will look again at the description of this extra tonight, but I am pretty sure it's work like that, as it contrast with Extra Subject, which is one extra subject per extra and not rank.
You gain an extra power range each time you take the extra. Taking it once allows you to mimic 3PP powers. To go beyond that, you must take the extra again, once for eacn PP increase you want to mimic. I read this carefully, then looked it up on the M&M headquarters, and even found several examples to illustrate. Here's one:

http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/pjd/mimic.htm

This fellow has expanded powers x 5 allowing him to mimic powers up to 7PP in strength. The reason for this is that otherwise mimicry would be too cheap and too powerful. For one single extra you could mimic everyone, keep their powers, never suffer backlash (nearly), etc etc.

I love the mimic ability, but to be able to mimic powerful abilities and such, you need to invest a lot of points. Here's another option for your powers using the same number of power points.

Mimic (Powers) +8 [Extra: Additional Attributes(Skills,Feats); All Attributes; Expanded Power(x5); Extra Subject; Flaw: Backlash; Flaw: Tainted Mimicry] Cost 9PP per rank (72 PP)

This allows you to mimic everything but abilities, gain all attributes of a class, mimic powers up to 7PP per point cost and mimic different items of the same category from two different subjects. The drawbacks are you get the flaws of attributes, and can suffer backlash. This probably also makes some sense, in that you are not fully trained in your powers. You can always spend points to remove flaws later, or gain additional extras. Make sure you keep in mind that you can only mimic one person a round (mimicry is a form of attack, in that saving throws are made and such).

Calinon

First Post
buzzard said:
I have an idea for a wrestler type which I had wanted to use in another game, but it got zeroed.

The name would be Straightjacket. He'd be focused on wrapping people up rather like Plastic Man does all the time (or Martian Manhunter sometimes). A straight forward melee type.

Powers would be:
Growth
Elasticity
(maybe Teleportation)

The guy will probably be a bit off-kilter to make a play off the name.

I have the character worked up from before at home. I can probably post him tommorow (my home internet went down yesterday).

buzzard
Sounds good! I'd stick to elascticity as the main power. Growth could be a minor one (since it's soooo expensive). If you can avoid teleportation, it'd be great. I already have some restrictions in that line of sight or short range are flaws of it, since the power itself has some strong ability to wreak havok in the world, so I hamstrung it :)

Razamir

Explorer
I am VERY interested in joining this game. I hope there is still a slot available.
I am a huge comic-fan and I run a table-top M&M game on saturday nights. I have all the books and know the system very well. I've been dying to actually play for quite a while.

I will finish my character later today and post it as soon as possible. Here's what I have so far. Let me know if you have any problems with this. I can always make a new character.... I have a ton of ideas.

Wraith
Simon Lennox
Age 16
Homeland England
Ht-5'10" Wt 160lbs
Blond hair, Blue eyes

Powers:
Incorporeal

Concept- Simon and his parents wear visiting the new Lockheed hovercar show when an Anarchy terrorist cell blew up the building. A fraction of a second before the blast hit him, Simon's powers were awakened. He could do nothing but watch as his parents died in the flames that passed right through him. The devastated youth stayed with his dead parents until the firemen arrived, then he ran off and disappeared into the night.

For a year Simon lived on the streets and tried to fight evil on his own, vowing that he would do what the government could not....keep citizens safe. Simon knew that the world needed to be changed, that it could be better than it was now. He honestly believed in a better world where everyone could live in peace and no boy had to lose his parents. So he did what he could, he fought drug dealers and local gangs. Saving a few lives and putting a couple of dealers behind bars. However the teenager was inexperienced and got into more trouble than he could handle. With nowhere else to turn, Simon signed up at EPIC. He hoped that EPIC would make that better world a reality.

Last edited:

Mordane76

First Post
Just wanted to post and say I'm still here, I'm still interested, and I should hopefully be picking up the book today after work.

Remove ads