• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic Problem : Prevention

Pyrex

First Post
"While I appreciate the attempt at diplomacy, given the disturbance at the Observatory I believe that haste may be in our best interest here."

Jemal

Adventurer
You discuss whether or not to speak to the dragon for a few minutes as you head towards town. On foot, it will take about half a days travel to reach the city.

*Are you stopping for the dragon, walking on, or flying?*

Darimaus

First Post
Mary paused, and her singing ceased. Looking up to the skies, she cried out to the heavens.

"Dragon! Show yourself! A noble creature like yourself should not be hiding in the shadows. We pursue a matter of great urgency. Shower your intentions upon us, and let us be on our way!"

Looking back towards her fellow party members with a hardened look of determination, her voice quieted to almost a whisper.

"I have no intention of ignoring an unknown and leading a possible threat to the innocent city of Islo. We shall deal with this issue here and now."

Wrahn

First Post
Minathiel can't help but smile to himself, dragons were creatures of great wisdom, it would be unlikely that the creature was unaware of Islo, but her intentions here heartfelt and good, he could admire that. Still by delaying they could be exposing Islo and the rest of the Prime to a terrible risk, but perhaps this dragon knew something of what was going on. He could judge it was worth the risk to parlay with the draconian.

He turns to Athearkepeskorn, the larger of the two dragons, "If it would not be too much of a burden, could you take Mary? Carrying her tends to limit my mobility."

He then waits, hopefully this dragon will be friendly and they could get useful information, if not, well it was best to see what the others are capable of anyway.

OOC-

I should point out, as long as you are within a mile of Minathiel and can see him, you are immune to fear and gain a +2 Morale bonus to hit. (Greater Cloak of Bravery)

Jemal

Adventurer
From out of the silver clouds comes a like-coloured Dragon, about the same size as Xianet. She flies around the party a few times before coming to rest before Athear. "Well met to you all, I apologize for not greeting you immediately, but much has been going on recently, and when a group of powerful beings suddenly appears at one of the three greatest mystical hotspots in the land... Well, a dragon can only be so careful." She tilts her head, examining you all. "You.. You're not supposed to be here.. It must be true, the Oaths are broken again! I don't know if we can handle it, there are no heroes left.. The stewards are gone and these.. these... MOCKERIES in their place are wreaking destruction across the land. Oh Great Sea, what shall we do?" She looks up at the clouds, obvious distress and near panic on her draconic features.

[sblock=Shayuri]
You're the only one who recognizes the reference to the "Great Sea", maybe meaning the "Great Silver C", A silver who transcended beyond being a patriarch of his clan and became divine, watching over all of Lyrevan. Over a Millenia ago he gave his life to save the world, and his Divine Spark transferred to a new dragon, who became one of the original 'stewards', the powerful beings meant to keep balance. After the Legend Ban was enforced, He dissapeared. All that was left of him was his immortal familiar.
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
When the dragon mentioned the great silver sea, Athearkepeskorn made a curious gesture over his heart...those familiar with dragons would know it was a gesture of great respect, even borderline worship...or as close as dragons routinely got. He sat back on his haunches and quickly said in soothing tones, "All is not lost! What you say is true...the Ban is breaking, and the stewards are gone. This is and will be a time of great changes. But as for there being no heroes left..."

He huffs and grins widely, spreading his wings.

"There you are mistaken! We who have come through the gate just now bear the Marks that grant us the power and right to do so. We come on behalf of the Light, and all that is just and good, to see to it that this age of change leaves the world a better place than it found it. I am Athearkepeskorn, and this is Rhodia who watches my back in battle. If you serve the Light as we...we would ask your aid. We have long miles to travel amd do not wish to travel randomly. Perhaps you could give us guidence to our destination?"

Darimaus

First Post
Mary shook her head slightly and looked over to the larger of her draconic companions.

"I think we should tell the complete story, don't you Athearkepeskorn? There are those with the mark whose hearts are consumed with evil as well. That is one of the reasons we are in so much haste."

Shayuri

First Post
Athear coughs a little cloud of swirling vapor and manages to look abashed.

"I was getting to that. I thought I'd start with the good news."

Ivellious

First Post
OCC Because of Tharivol's armor he gets a -4 to dimplomacy checks with dragons if you need that info Jemal
Tharivol does not say anything, being content to sit and watch and see what the others do, but Xialanet is a different story. Noticing Athearkepeskorn gesture at the metion of the great solver sea, the young dragon looks to the newcomer, asking as a child who didn't know any better, "What is the great silver sea? And why do you revere it so?"

Jemal

Adventurer
The new Silver calms "My name is Kierynaus, and if you are truly sent by the light, then perhaps the Great Sea has heard our prayers, the elders slumbers will end soon, and the world will prosper again!" She tilts her head at the exchange between Mary and Athear. "Others?" She opens her mouth to speak but is side-tracked by Xianet's child-like innocence.
"Oh my, a silver who does not know his patronage.. Surely this Ban has gone too far, to remove us from such knowledge! The Great Sea was the greatest of Silvers, larger, faster, stronger, wiser than any. His name is a play on words.. His name was Cierylex, He resembled the Sea, it's power, beauty, and ancient wisdom, and he SAW.. what needed to be seen. Thus he was given the name of 'The Great Sea(See/C)' by the Archdruids. A millenia ago he sacrificed himself to save the world from being swallowed by darkness, personally saving a human mage who could trace his blood from both Red and Silver dragons. That mage metamorphosed into a Silver dragon over the next year, quickly reaching a power that nearly rivaled that of The Sea.. And then, it was foreseen that he was the reincarnation of the Great Sea! He saved us yet again, aiding the greatest King of Lyrevan, Kai Sarutobi, whose tomb you just left, time and again. They were the most loyal of friends and together reinstated the Oaths, which were to keep balance. Eventually, Kai died of old age, as Humans do, and over time the Oaths broke down, as they had before, again with the 'aid' of powerful beings who wanted power. It was at this time that the Legends Ban was instituted, so that mortals could live here under the guidance of those dragons that remained, without worrying about single beings that could tear their world apart. It was around that time that the Great Sea dissapeared again, without a trace at all!"

Remove ads