• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic Problem : Return to Power

Nephtys

First Post
Jemal said:
[sblock=Ijazim] As Ijazim steps through the portal, he is greeted by an odd site. Two women sit in his room chatting. One is the dead body that his ghost used to inhabit. The other is a barmaid from downstairs, whose eyes glint in that way that tells him this is his cohort. As he is trying to figure out why the dead woman is sitting there talking, she looks at him, eyes empty, and speaks in a familiar voice.. Mother's voice. "I have been trying for the last few moments to decide whether this is a good turn of events or a bad one. On the one hand, the disciple should have been a simple matter for you to take out, her power has grown astronomically since last time. On the other hand, the release of Galidor comes as a mixed blessing... The disdain I hold him in is tempered by the newfound knowledge of the Foci that originally bound us from this plane. That statue, with his Divine soul inside it, was one of the locks that kept the barrier up. With it gone, a small portion of my power can now pass through to speak to you. I have decided that in the end, this is a good thing. There must be other Foci, other locks, and you must find and destroy them."[/sblock]
[sblock=Jemal]
Ijazim closes the portal behind him, though the mirror still shows the temple square. Recognising the Mothers voice he kneels instantly, his forehead touching the floor once before he returns to upright kneeling. "Forgive me Mother. Forgive my disgraceful failure. I was poorly prepared, but I will do better. You have opened all the mysteries for me, and yet I have only touched the surface of the boons you can bestow." (ooc: I've only used SRD spells, I'll have to look trough some splatbooks.) Worrying irrationally about them letting the posessed barmaid know too much he barely hears the voice of the Goddess. (Now we will have to trap her pathetic little soul and destroy it... It's almost a good thing that they will fail to kill the Disciple, for I don't have the power to cast that spell again today...) His mind snaps back to full attention once she mentions the Disciples power. He answers thoughtfully.
"She was more powerful than I had anticipated, almost too mighty to be mortal. A dozen deadly spells I threw and she survived them all. But how has she grown so strong so soon, my Goddess? How can the Master bestow such powerful blessings? He must be close to his goal now, and I have already wasted a day for little gain.
Or, have I cause to hope it's not the Master's work? Has the Disciple unearthed some other artifact to grant her such powers? No, all their attention should be focused on the Obelisk, anything else would be folly..."
"It is a blessing, a blessing beyond all bliss, that you have pierced the veil to join me here. And yet I worry, forgive me for my audacity but I must. I worry because what you can do so can other deities, and if we break all the seals we will have lost the advantage that we now hold. Now I am, even as flawed as I am, one of the fifteen most powerful beings in the world. Me and my allies, if I can control them, have with your direction and aid an excellent chance of succeeding with our quest. But the more powerful beings arrive the smaller our chances will be. We can not stand against the Gods in all their countless thousands..."
"We can not stand against one God, and yet we must. You could crush him like an insect, but he could crush me just as easily. And yet, you cannot fight all the pantheons of the multiverse. My Goddess, forgive my small mind, but I do not see the way to turn this to our advantage. Unless there is a way to let you in without opening the path for others. If Gallador could fully enter the world then surely there must be a way for you to do the same."
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Avalon®

First Post
[sblock= Tailspinner]The disciple has cover from the forcecage[/sblock]

[sblock= Jemal]What happened to my enhanced maw of chaos? The forcecage was quickened.[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=Avalon]
Sorry, forgot about it. It's... "chewing" her right now. BTW, the will save is vs dazed, is the damage automatic?[/sblock]

[sblock=Nephtys]
Mother grins "This plane once belonged to Galidor and myself, that is why we can show ourselves. The others will not even be aware that the barrier is weakened until it is too late. As for entering fully, that is indeed my intention. I cannot stay here much longer and still maintain my veil. You must find the other Locks, and you must destroy them."
[/sblock]

Voidrazor

First Post
Counting on the necromantic power of Delay Death to sustain him, Panarchus continues undeterred. He flips to his feet with unearthly grace (tumble 55). Revealing the spiralling arrows of Panarchus upon which are written the verses of anathema, the avatar unleashes a series of spells upon the caged disciple.

Casts Twinned Destruction and Quickened Twinned Destruction DC 36 (both maximized via incense). Effect is death, save for 60 untyped damage per casting

Avalon®

First Post
"Galidor, you want the Disciple? Here she is! Come get her"

Brandishing a whip, Xis speaks a slew of curses at the Disciple before she begins to convulse inside the cage.

casts Unluck (DC 28 will) then Wrathful Castigation (DC 33 Will). Both are in the Spell Compendium

Jemal

Adventurer
Grennet Round 6

Avalon® said:
"Galidor, you want the Disciple? Here she is! Come get her"

Brandishing a whip, Xis speaks a slew of curses at the Disciple before she begins to convulse inside the cage.

casts Unluck (DC 28 will) then Wrathful Castigation (DC 33 Will). Both are in the Spell Compendium
*As I said, i only have access to core, PHB2, RoDragon, and completes (Arc,Div,War,Adv) at the moment. I know Unluck, it's one of my faves... What's wrathful Castigation do?

OK, Salarassa and Ijazim are technically out of combat, so here's the update. I edited the Initiative sequence for flavour. (Artistic license. ;) ):

Panarchus, Xis, and Galidor speak words of power, blasting the entrapped Disciple from all angles. When the flashes have cleared, she is still floating(srry, still no failed saves.), though for once looks like she's actually feeling it, appearing battered. Even so, with a roar of frustration, she grabs two bars of the cage, pulling at them inefectually... Or so you would have thought. Aren't Forcecages indestructible? As her muscles tense, she slowly rips the bars apart, the very magic of the cage sundered by her sheer Unstoppable power, and she floats free in front of the Maw of Chaos, panting heavily but unwilling to drop.

Jool feels a sudden burning rage as she looks on this false Dragon Disciple. She knows somehow that this being had intended to create an entire raise of false dragons and use them to control the world. She also knows that if anybody is going to be the most powerful Half Dragon Warrior, it's NOT going to be this witch. With a sudden surge of divine power flowing from the Saint to Jool, the True Disciple flies forward(Galidor gives you an extra move action). Her first blow is parried by the disciple, their blades Meeting. The second smashes the False Disciple's sword, it's upper half flying through the air, and with a great cleaving motion, Jool beheads her opponent, the body dropping backwards, consumed by the Chaotic Maw behind her, the head flying to land at the foot of the statue, and blood covering the Drogorn.

As the head comes to a spinning stop, the heavens themselves begin to tremble, and Jool feels power flowing through her. As she turns, Galidor looks up at her, grinning with the pleasure of one true warrior witnessing the actions of another.

OOC: And thus ends the battle of Grennet, unless anybody wishes to try Galidor again. Congrats on the first kill, and please see the OOC thread
BTW, Salarassa please continue your conversation with the bard as though this hasn't happened... Technically you're standing in another time stream right now. ;)

Last edited:

Avalon®

First Post
[sblock=Jemal]It requires two will saves. If it fails the 1st save, it dies one round later. If it succeeds, he must make a second will save or be dazed and take a -4 penalty on saving throws for the duration of the spell.[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Jool the Drogorn

The Disciple at last killed, Jool entertains the idea of finishing her battle with the Saint. But then she thinks better of it. As the Disciple's body falls to the floor, she swoops down to check out what goodies might be contained on the it. She also considers making a trophy of the head, but decides to hold off on any trophies at the moment.

Jemal

Adventurer
*For those wishing to loot the corpse, check the Rogue Gallery character sheet for items. With your group's vast powers and experience, their abilities should be relatively easy to discern, thus I just wrote down what they are*

Remove ads