• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic Problem : Return to Power

Jemal

Adventurer
Paging Panarchus, round almost done.
Also, Pallandrome - 2 things. First, Diplomacy takes 1 minute (-10 if you do it as a full-round action instead). Also, since he's still engaged in melee with your allies, I'm not going to allow Diplomacy until nobody from your party has made an offensive action towards him for 1 full round.

pallandrome

First Post
Ohh, that's right isn't it. I'm ok with making it a full round action then. That would make the result a 77. I'm sorta hoping people will stop pounding on him once I start talking, I figure my rambling will take up a full round or two to get everyone's attention on me.

Voidrazor

First Post
Panarchus calls after the escaping Disciple in an almost cheerful voice, "You mustn't leave my dear. I have some questions to ask of your carcass."

P. casts Delay Death, then Quickened Twinned Cometfall (maximzed via incense DC32 372 base damage), before charging. His single strike seems lackluster however, and misses completely (1 on the roll).

OOC - Srry for the delay. Can P. tell if the Wounding aspect of his attacks was having any effect? Oh, and his AC was just 53 last turn (80 - 25 shock trooper -2 for the charge). Should be 78 this turn, as I honestly didn't think it was worth using Shock for a single attack.

Jemal

Adventurer
Grennet Round 4

OOC: OK, I'm working at a camp right now, and I couldn't bring all my books with me, SO I'm going to ask from now on if you do/use something that's not from the following list of books, to include in an ooc or spoiler some extra info on it. (IE Cometfall)
List: Core(Didn't actually bring them, I'm working off the SRD for now), PHB2, Complete(Arcane,Adventurer,Divine,Warrior), Draconomicon.

[sblock=initiative]
Panarchus - 35
Jool - 27
Saint - 19
Disciple - 16(a)
Ijazim - 16(b)
Xis - 14
Salarassa - 10
[/sblock]

Panarchus assaults the Disciple with a massive spell, though she doesn't seem to care much about the damage (Made reflex for 1/2), and easily parries his poorly aimed blow.

Jool and the Saint Galidor continue hammering at each other, each blocking a few and taking a few(Jool hit Galidor twice, Galidor hit Jool 3 times for total 314 damge subdual, then she gets Healed for 150 from somewhere, in addition to the 250 from Ijazim last round), though at the end of it, both are still standing.

Above the temple, The Disciple looks back at Panarchus, much larger than her, and judges his reach for a moment, before shrugging and closing, a maniacal gleam in her eyes as she screams in rage, shrugging off his assault as she charges in, slashing him once with her sword (191 damage). Then, Panarchus notices something strange. Several of her wounds heal as a pair of Contingent(crafted) Mass Heal's go off (Go Knowledge & Spellcraft), though either way she seems not to care about or even feel the damage you've inflicted.

Somewhat annoyed at his enemy's unwillingness to relent, Ijazim leaves the temple through the kobold-sized hole, and finds Xis a dozen feet away, unconscious. With a chant, he heals the two of them (Nobody else in range, sry), then turns towards the front area and his portal.

The Kobold mage awakens surrounded by rubble and aching. Looking around, he sees a hole in the temple wall, and realizes he's outside it. He also sees Ijazim moving away from him (Can act next round)

Salarassa tries to reason with the Saint, but finds his words both to Galidor and his own 'allies' fall on deaf ears as Galidor and Jool seem to have decided that they will smash each other to pieces. Agravatedly, he sighs and looks around for support, and notices on a nearby roof top, just visible through the doorway, a pair of old bards strumming the music that has been filtering through the battle. One of them is the one from the tavern, but the other...

Last edited:

Voidrazor

First Post
As Panarchus' pact of renewal triggers, healing only a portion of the disciple's blow, his expression darkens into grim determination. Temporarily preserved by the force of his own magic, continues the attack. Afterwards he lets himself drop 30' hoping to avoid a return full attack.

Power Attacking for 5, attack rolls (resolved as touch), damage rolls
Cometfall does untyped damage, no SR, Ref save for half.
Any AoO's as she closes within P.'s 30' reach?
Can P. tell if Wounding is doing anything?
Can P. tell if she has Delay Death up? Spellcraft 44
Current HPs: -36

Jemal

Adventurer

Avalon - Noted And fixed.
Voidrazor - In case it matters, the Pact of Renewal isn't the 150HP i was talking about, you're not sure where tha came from.
As for the droppin 30', I rule that dropping is 'movement' if you do it in a controlled manner (IE opening your wings and flying again), b/c otherwise it's a cheap free move and abusable. (She could do the exact same thing, end up right in front of you again, and full attack again anyways). If you want to drop without it being an action, you can cease flying as a free action (Or continue it as one, but doing both in the same round counts as moving), and just fall, though you may take falling damage in that case, depending on hight. (You're currently about 100' up, I think.)
As for the questions - You can't tell if wounding is affecting her, though if it is, combined with the damage she's taken, her constitution must be phenomenal.
According to your Arcane Sight, she has no active spells on her.
As for the AoO's, I posted "shrugging off his assault as she charges in". I've decided to stop posting how much damage she TAKES, b/c you guys honestly can't tell how injured she is, she seems completely unphased by the blows, even though they leave visible injuries.

Nephtys

First Post
ooc: Ijazim cast Mages Disjunction on the Disciple in the first round of his battle with her. Those contingent Mass Heals should probably have been dispelled by that, unless they were somehow cast later.

Ijazim walks trough the portal, closing it after him but keeping an eye on the battle from his room at the inn.
Touching a number of his Pearls of power he regains the following spells in turn:
1: Disjunction (9)
2: Miracle (9)
3: Maddening Scream (8)
4: Destruction (7)
5: Antilife Shell (6)

Last edited:

Voidrazor

First Post
Jemal said:
Voidrazor - In case it matters, the Pact of Renewal isn't the 150HP i was talking about, you're not sure where tha came from.
As for the droppin 30', I rule that dropping is 'movement' if you do it in a controlled manner (IE opening your wings and flying again), b/c otherwise it's a cheap free move and abusable. (She could do the exact same thing, end up right in front of you again, and full attack again anyways). If you want to drop without it being an action, you can cease flying as a free action (Or continue it as one, but doing both in the same round counts as moving), and just fall, though you may take falling damage in that case, depending on hight. (You're currently about 100' up, I think.)
As for the questions - You can't tell if wounding is affecting her, though if it is, combined with the damage she's taken, her constitution must be phenomenal.
According to your Arcane Sight, she has no active spells on her.
As for the AoO's, I posted "shrugging off his assault as she charges in". I've decided to stop posting how much damage she TAKES, b/c you guys honestly can't tell how injured she is, she seems completely unphased by the blows, even though they leave visible injuries.
OOC - Sorry, for some reason I was thinking that Renewal Pact triggered at 0 HP. Panarchus will let himself fall the 100'. He gets a 56 on the tumble roll to reduce the damage.

Jemal

Adventurer
Nephtys said:
ooc: Ijazim cast Mages Disjunction on the Disciple in the first round of his battle with her. Those contingent Mass Heals should probably have been dispelled by that, unless they were somehow cast later.
Crafted Contingencies are like Magic Items(Complete with XP cost), and one of my house rules was that Mordenkainen's Disjunction doesn't destroy items.

BTW, we need actions, people.

Remove ads