Epic Problem : Return to Power

G

Guest 11456

[sblock=OOC]Not to throw a wrench in the works, but Jool's action was to charge the disciple, not the Saint. But I'll leave it at the current action. I just got really confused when I was reading the action. What size is the Saint?[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]
Ijazim - So far as you know, b/c of the Ban, no diefic power should be able to be on these planes without a mark. There's a reason your godess tried to send the others first, instead of going herself or sending more reliable minions. By your knowledge, Galidor shouldn't be able to be here. Either something has changed, or he knows how to break the rules. You could try a gate, but you really have no idea if it would work or not. I'll tell you right now the 68HD creature wouldn't. The Godess, maybe. but not inside the temple. I would consider that Galidor's 'presence/personal demsnes', and thus you're pretty sure that if he IS a god, he could prevent a gate from opening in here.

TS - sorry bout the confusion, but with Ijazim attempting Diplomacy..
Anyways, the Saint is 6'3" tall, though his stature makes him seem much more 'grand'.

Avalon/Palandrome - Good thoughts. He did say you couldn't defeat him in his 'own temple', though that could have just been him talking smack.

All - A note about Gate.. It is used for INTRA-Planer travel, it isn't a teleport from one spot on the plane to another. I just read it, b/c I'd never heard of it being used WITHIN a plane before, and it says it allows you to travel like plane shift "from the plane you're on to any other", but with pinpoint accuracy.

[/sblock]

pallandrome

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Jemal, is there a portal-like opening actually AT the bowl? Because if so, and if you guys think we could bum rush him through two portals, then we can get him into the Bowl and kill him.
[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]
Knowledge checks (All but Jool know the following) :
Historically, Gods can be challenged to a fight at the bowl (Usually they only accept 1 on 1 confrontations), and most will not turn it down (especially ones concerned with honour, such as Galidor). Then, a trek to the bowl (taking anywhere from a couple days to a couple weeks, depending on weather and who's going) through the mountains (Or some form of teleportation, which the God will sometimes grant). Once participants and Audience have arrived, the fight starts. If the God is beaten, the looser gains his/her divine power. If the God Wins, the looser forfeits their soul to the God. There were said to be sanctions in place to prevent cheating, though they haven't always worked, and none of you know what they may have been.

As for a portal, no there are none near the bowl. It's essentially a large bowl carved from a single massive, uncracked rock, surrounded by a plateu. (Kinda looks like a roman colliseum, but natural.)
[/sblock]

Nephtys

First Post
[sblock=ooc]ooc: Since it doesn't seem like we can defeat him, especially not here, we should probably retreat and find some other way to strike against him if he continues to be a problem. Let's fight another round and see if we can make any impact, then flee. We can always threaten his worshipers. Unfortunately, now that he has seen us he can easily Discern our Location and attack us any time he wants. Without Mindblank there's no realistic countermeasure, unless you know some none-SRD spells that could work. Fortunately, the Disciple probably can't DL us (it didn't seem like she had that kind of spellcasting capacity).[/sblock]

Ijazim grinds his teeth, trying to keep the searing pain from breaking his determination. Moving if necessary he casts a Mass Healing (for 250 HPs) on himself, Xis and any other ally within range. Scraping together his very last reserves he throws a final wave of spells against his enemy (Firestorm DC 41 20d6=41 HPs, Greater Command ("Die", DC 38), Command ("Die" DC 34), Dismissal (DC 37), Silence (DC 35), and another Firestorm (DC 41 20d6=53 HPs)), directing the remainder of the Firestorms against the temple itself.

HPs: 312/422
Caster level against SR 30+4+4=38(+d20)
Caster Level 30+4

Active spells:
True Seeing
Death Ward
Freedom of Movement
Spell Turning= 8
Spell Resistance=12+34=46

No longer active:
Antilife Shell

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]
If he comes after you then you're not fighting him in his temple.

Still need actions from Panarchus and Jool.
[/sblock]

Voidrazor

First Post
A bemused expression comes over Panarchus' features and he appears to relax his guard slightly. "Void Magic? You seem to have mistaken us for someone else. We will have to discuss it in a few moments however. There is a matter I would attend to. In the meantime I hope you find my coadjutors amusing"

Panarchus suddenly charges after the fleeing disciple.

P. will do a leaping full power attack using Shock Trooper again if the dragon disciple is in range. He'll use the Twisted Charge skill trick if a turn is necessary. to hit, crit confirm, damage.

[sblock=Expanded breakdown of buffed Stats for Panarchus]Str 78 +34 (32 Base* +4 Inherent +6 Enhancement [Divine Power] +4 Visage +32 Size)
Dex 60 +25 (46 Base* +4 Inherent +10 Enhancement [Divine Agility] +2 Visage -2 Size)
Con 55 +4 (29 Base* +4 Inherent +6 Enhancement [item] +4 Visage +12 Size)
*Base stats are from Gloom form vie epic Shapechange scroll

HP 239 (419 while Giant Size lasts)
AC 80 (10 base +25 Dex +8 Armor (bracers) +5 Deflection (ring) +5 Enhancement (Magic Vestment) +2 Insight (foresight) +13 Natural (Visage of the Deity+Giant Size) +1 Dodge (Haste) +19 Monk -8 Size) 53 Touch (never Flat due to Foresight)
Init +29 (+24 Dex +4 Improved Init)
Move 60' ground (30 base X 2 Boots) 60' air (Visage)
Spell Resistance 43 (Spell Resistance spell)
Damage Resistance 10/epic (Gloom)

Fortitude 49 (12 base +22 Con +5 Epic +6 Resistance [Superior Resistance] +1 Competence [Ioun Robe] +1 Luck [Luckstone] +2 Loremaster Secret)
Reflex 49 (6 base +25 Dex +5 Epic +6 Resistance +1 Competence +1 Luck +2 Secret +2 Insight +1 dodge)
Will 55 (21 base +19 Wis +5 Epic +6 Resistance +1 Competence +1 Luck +2 Secret)

Reach 30' (Colossal size from Giant Size)
Melee Attack 'Sorrow' +1 Vicious Wounding Spell-Storing Flaming Ki Focus Quarterstaff of Frost and Shock
+62 (+25 BAB [Divine Power] +34 Str +5 Enhancement [Magic Weapon] +3 Luck [Divine Favor] +1 Competence [Ioun Robe] +1 Loremaster Secret +1 Haste -8 Size)
Damage 6d6 + 47 + d6 fire + d6 cold + d6 electricity + 1 Con Damage (4d6 colossal quarterstaff + 2d6 Vicious) (+34 Str +10 Enhancement [Spikes] +3 Luck [Divine Favor]) 1d6 to wielder
Full Attack 62/62/57/52/47/42 (25 BAB + Haste)
Resolved as touch attack due to persistent Wraithstrike

Ranged Attack sling +50 (+25 BAB +25 Dex +2 Enhancement +3 Luck +1 Competence +1 Secret +1 haste -8 Size)
Damage 3d6 + 39 [+34 Str +2 Enhancement +3 Luck]

Special Defenses:
10 spell levels Spell Turning (maximized via Incense of Meditation)
50 spell levels Rod of Absorption
Immune to all 5 Energy types
Freedom of Movement
Immune to natural or magical wind (Stormrage)
Healed once when takes lethal damage (Fortunate Fate)
Contingencied Teleport when targetted with Disjunction
Has Forcesight of upcoming danger
Evasion (Boots of Swiftness)[/sblock]

Remove ads