• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic Problem : Return to Power

G

Guest 11456

Jool the Drogorn

Jool cautiously moves forward and stops about 15 feet from the Saint.

Jemal

Adventurer
Grennet Round 3

[sblock=Initiative]
Panarchus - 35
Jool - 27
Saint - 19
Disciple - 16(a)
Ijazim - 16(b)
Xis - 14
Salarassa - 10
[/sblock]

Panarchus launches himself unexpectedly out of the room after the Disciple (Who is currently 120' outside of the temple in the air). He manages to get close enough to rend her several times(all hit), though none of the elemental damage hurts her, and her thick Armour and scales repel a portion of the damage, preventing any vital strikes from breaking through. (Total she takes:731, no crits)

Meanwhile, Jool steps into the temple, moving cautiously towards the Saint. ooc:any actions, or just walk?

Galidor shakes his head at Jool. "Can't you tell when you're beaten, disciple? I will not allow your kind to threaten this world AGAIN!" With that, he moves forward, Shrugging off her blow(40 damage) as he advances and backhands her with the hammer(103 damage), before casting a quickened Silence Near Salarassa.

The Disciple turns to regard Panarchus with hatred in her eyes, though she doesn't seem done yet. With a shout, she flaps past you, her massive greatsword shining with holy energy as she swings and Fly's past (Flyby attack Smite, 176 damage), continuing on 140' past you, heading above the temple and to the mountains.
(Using Shock Trooper Full Power Attack, your AC is 60, I believe)

Moving closer to the doorway, Ijazim Heals everyone but Panarchus (250), before launching another wave at the Saint. Galidor shrugs off the firestorms and the Dismissal, though the Command Words cause him to grasp his ears in agony and drop to a knee. "SHUT UP!" but when the silence hits, he smiles, and appears to laugh as he stands up again. The temple itself fares worse than the man it's devoted to, the main foyer begining to crumble from the intense heat, and all the walls, fresco's, etc are charred beyond recognition.

Xis has to move away from Salarassa to cast his spell, and when he does so, time slows to nothing.
[sblock=Xis] A chunk of stone that had been falling stops in mid-air. As Xis prepares to cast his spells, he notes that Galidor is looking around curiously, before smiling and dispelling the silence around him.(Spell stowaway:Timestop).
The Saint dispells the silence around him "Bet you're wishing you hadn't done that now, aren't you, vermin? I'll spare your life because it's the Void Mage I want. Next time I see you, you die." With that, the Saint flings another Flame Strike at Xis (Same as before, 150 holy, 150 fire(immune), failed ref save), then charges forward, backhanding him (Hit, 231 subdual damage), through a wall (12 damage) and out into the street. (I believe that knocks you unconscious?)
[/sblock]

After Xis casts his spell, He dissapears, and now Galidor is standing where he was, with a large hole in the wall nearby.

Salarassa looks at the saint, a mere 20' from him, wondering what to do, when the world suddenly has sound again.. Specifically, strange unearthly music coming from outside the temple. Galidor grimaces as he hears it, looking around for the source, and giving Salarassa the opportunity to heal Jool(41 hp).

Last edited:

pallandrome

First Post
Salarassa pinches the bridge of his nose and clenches his eyes shut against the massive headache as stalks up to the godling, who obviously has them confused with someone else. "Ok, it seems we got off on the wrong foot. I'm Salarassa, hi, pleasure to meet you. This is a recent aquaintance of mine, Jool, and flying away of there is the BLOODY FREAKING DISCIPLE, whom we were attempting to detain when your arrival confused the matter to some degree. I apologize for the inconvenience, and feel free to have a tour of this wonderful city before returning to plane and/or demi-place of your choice." He turns towards everyone else, "Everyone, go stop the Disciple and bring her here. Alive if convenient. I'll handle things here." then turns back, "Now, is there any way I can shed light on our current situation, or might I be of service?"

Diplomacy Check: 1d20+70=87
OOC:I'll cast Ruin Delver's Fortune if anyone casts any spells into the area, or tries to hit me. I'll also be blowing half of Improvisation on the diplomacy check. The other half I'm using to pretend to be neutral good, just in case he ckecks my alignment. Bonus to Bluff of +74

Last edited:

G

Guest 11456

OOC: AOO? Jool is size large (reach), the Saint is medium size (needs to move 10 feet in order to attack).

Jemal

Adventurer
Tailspinner said:
OOC: AOO? Jool is size large (reach), the Saint is medium size (needs to move 10 feet in order to attack).
Whoops, Forgot. Round Edited (Also, I forgot first time to include the damage you took when he hit you.)

Last edited:

Nephtys

First Post
Ijazim looks genuinely surprised that the command words have any kind of effect on the presumed deity (ooc: aren't they immune to mind effects? Doesn't this prove he's not a deity?), but shrugs his shoulders at seeing the deity still standing at the end. Turning, after throwing another Mass Heal on Xis, (Jool and Salarassa if within range) and himself (ooc: now at full HPs), he walks out of the temple, leaving Salarassa to his negotiations without a word.
Looking up at Panarchus fighting the Disciple he silently shakes his head, laughing inwardly at his own weakness. Turning once more towards the temple he says to those still fighting within. "I am done here today, let us seek our ends elsewhere." and steps trough the portal of his Mirror of Mental Prowess.

HPs: 422/422
Caster level against SR 30+4+4=38(+d20)
Caster Level 30+4

Active spells:
True Seeing
Death Ward
Freedom of Movement
Spell Turning= 8
Spell Resistance=12+34=46

No longer active:
Antilife Shell

Last edited:

G

Guest 11456

Jool the Drogorn

Joll presses her attack on the Saint intent on destroying her foe.

OOC: Full attack action: To Hit: +54/+49/+44/+39/+34; Damage: 3d6+47

Remove ads