Epic Problem : Return to Power

Nephtys

First Post
Voidrazor said:
If He can't charge, Panarchus will cast Assay Resistance, Quickened Disjunction, and Twinned Destruction (maximized via Incense of Meditation) also on Galidor.

Note 2: Panarchus would have to roll a -6 to get a 23 Init :p . See his buffed stats here.[/SIZE][/B]

ooc: How can you cast both Shapeshange and Disjunction on the same day, when your only memorised 9th level domain spell is Time Stop? Also, how can you have the Good version of Greater Visage of the Deity active when Panarchus alignment is Chaotic Neutral? (Jemal, The Evil version is clearly inferior so I'd like to use the Good version of Ijazim as well, if alignments don't matter.)

pallandrome said:
Salarassa peers in from the edge of the melee, "Why is it that I'm the only one that doesn't seem to have any clue as to what the hell is going on here? Who are these people, and why are you all attempting to kill them? Moreover, why are you all failing?"

"Sal, my friend, don't you recognize the Disciple? I can't blame you for failing to remember Saint Galidor, but our Half draconic advesary could hardly have slipped your mind. Why don't you sing and dance them to death?"

Avalon® said:
And with that, he opens his jaws as if to yawn and the area around Islo opens up into a yawning area of roiling blue-green energy resembling a great mouth. "How's that for size? Also, I think this would interest you Ijazim. It's so much like your mind. Now any of you, keep him in place."

"Great and hungry? Why, thank you."

pallandrome

First Post
Nephtys said:
"Sal, my friend, don't you recognize the Disciple? I can't blame you for failing to remember Saint Galidor, but our Half draconic advesary could hardly have slipped your mind. Why don't you sing and dance them to death?"
[/COLOR]

"Of course I recognize them, I'm just not sure why we care about them enough to try to KILL them." he responds, "And watch you tone. If you want my help, try not to be insulting about it." he finishes, tossing a Cacophonic Burst at the cage.

Voidrazor

First Post
[SBLOCK=Nephtys OOC]
Nephtys said:
ooc: How can you cast both Shapeshange and Disjunction on the same day, when your only memorised 9th level domain spell is Time Stop? Also, how can you have the Good version of Greater Visage of the Deity active when Panarchus alignment is Chaotic Neutral? (Jemal, The Evil version is clearly inferior so I'd like to use the Good version of Ijazim as well, if alignments don't matter.)
Shapechange is from an epic scroll. Disjunction is from spontaneous domain casting from PHbII. And unfortunately alignments do matter. Clerics can't cast spells with an alignment descriptor opposite to their own alignment.[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
Grennet Round 2

[sblock=OOC STUFF]OOC: Answers first
Panarchus can cast the good version, but Ijazim CAN'T b/c the PHB says "A cleric cannot cast a spell with an alignment OPPOSED to his or his deity's". Since Panarchus is CN and worships himself, the only alignment spells he can't cast are Lawful. Wheras Ijazim is NE, and his Deity is also, therefore Ijazim can't cast GOOD spells.

You know very little about Saint Galidor.. He was a powerful Priest and Warrior in life, became a god by defeating one in mortal combat in The Bowl, (The only place a god can truley be beaten, the place you guys first appeared on the prime), fought against the Void his entire life/godhood, and nobody has seen or heard from him since the Legend Ban.
Also, he doesn't like killing if he doesn't have to (except those that have been tainted by the void)

Also, just to clarify, if you guys don't post your own rolls/results IE "I attack, hitting Touch AC 53 for 70 damage" or "SR check 42, 100 fire damage, Reflex DC 35", then you have to give me any relevant numbers and I'll roll it myself. Your choice.

As to the Init for Panarchus, I missed the "fully buffed" part, I was going off your stats printed in the rogues gallery. Would you mind adding to your 'buffed' stats which spells made it happen?

ALSo, people, don't rely on powerful scrolls to do stuff b/c you will be unable to find replacements for them on the prime, and you'll be here for a while. If you have any charged/single use items, save'em for when they're needed.. This is just the FIRST encounter.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ijazim]You KNOW this guy isn't one of Mother's followers, in fact if he's who he claims to be, then he's one of her greatest enemies.
[/sblock]

[sblock=panarchus]
You can sense a divine, deific energy coming from this room, so are tempted to believe that he is who he claims.
[/sblock]
[sblock=initiative]
Panarchus - 35
Jool - 27
NewGuy - 19
Disciple - 16(a)
Ijazim - 16(b)
Xis - 14
Salarassa - 10
[/sblock]

Panarchus is standing at the statue a mere 20' from Galidor, and as such can reach him easily, though only one of his blows actually connects with the laughing Godling(118 damage), as he parries the rest with ease.

Ijazim speaks to the Disciple, waiting for her response (Delay)

Jool charges the Saint, swinging her mighty Greatsword through the cage bars at him. The sword Smashes into him, but as it does, powerful magical Plate Mail appears on him, lessening the impact (45 damage).
Galidor shakes his head, snapping the fingers of his other hand as a large shield appears in it, and finally a helm materializes on his head. "NOW, I am ready to kill you interlopers and defilers" and with that, he Shouts, causing the cage to shatter and smashes the hammer into Jool with divine power (238 damage), sending her flying back out of the temple (50 feet), before dropping an Auto-quickened, Enhanced, Intensified Flame Strike on Xis and Ijazim. (150 holy damage, 150 Fire damage)

The Disciple looks back and forth from Ijazim to the Saint before flying at the saint, slashing him across the back with her Greatsword, and heading out the front door (Flyby attack, 86 damage). Ijazim takes that as a sign of co-operation and unleashes hell upon Galidor, though all of his spells strike against the God's armour and fizzle. (Didn't beat his new SR) "Oh please, mortal magics cannot defeat me in my own temple! Use your Void Magic, so I may know that it has returned and destroy you!"

Xis attempts a Reaving Dispel on Galidor, but the magic seems to have no effect (OOC:What's Dimensional Jumper?)

Salarassa's Cacophonic Burst goes off near Galidor, and the Saint grunts and puts a hand to his ear (63 damage).

Nephtys

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Jemal: Does Ijazim believe he could successfully Gate in his deity (who I presume is of greater rank and power than Galidor)? If not his deity then perhaps some epic monster of up to 68 HDs?
Party: Can we defeat this enemy or should we run for it? IC Ijazim would like to stay and fight, but only if he thought he could win and he's almost out of spells. Do you have any strategies you'd like to suggest?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

pallandrome

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
I think we could take him, but don't bother doing it HERE. Gate him to the Bowl. More to the point, I don't understand, IC or OOC, WHY we are trying to kill the Godling. I suspect, out of character, that Ijazim has some sort of problem with the Half-Dragon, which is good enough for me. But the Godling is just obnoxious. I'm more than willing to assassinate a diety for being rude.
[/sblock]

Salarassa springs back towards the fallen Jool, and pours the divine energy of a Cure Critical Wounds spell where the Saint's weapon struck.

Avalon®

First Post
[sblock= OOC]Jemal: Dimension Jumper is from Complete Mage. Basically you can teleport 30 ft. as a move action for 20 rounds.
Team: I agree with pallandrome. Let's take him away from his seat of power. For all we know, he may be only this powerful in this temple of his. BTW, can anybody heal me? I'm already at half health.[/sblock]

"I think our mortal magic is doing pretty well. Don't you think?" Xis then casts a maximized time stop from his wizard side, burning a 3rd-level spell slot from his sorceror side.

As soon as he casts the spell, the chaos that was their battle seems to stop. He pauses for a while then casts the following spells in order: Enhanced Maw of Chaos (42d6 damage per round. 32 round duration. DC 34 will save or dazed for 1 round each time he is damaged), Acid Fog (2d6 acid per round. 32 round duration), Extended Lingering Flames (burn one 1st-level spell slot to extend. 6 rounds duration. 15d6 fire damage per round. DC 22 Ref half.), and a Sphere of Ultimate Destruction (40d6 damage. DC 25 Fort or 5d6 partial. 28 round duration.) which he positions near Galidor Islo. (The Maw of chaos, Acid Fog, and Lingering Flames are centered on the godling.)

After that, time reverts to normal and Xis readies himself in case the godling makes any advances against him. (He will cast a Celerity to cast a Time Stop Time Stop duration (1d4+1=4) if the godling does anything to harm him.)

Nephtys

First Post
[sblock=ooc]ooc: Problem is that Deities and unique beings can't be gated against their will, so unless we retreat to the Bowl and he's foolish enough to follow us there's no way to get him there.
Why should we kill him? Well he's a major rival to Ijazim's deity, which is good enough for me. But also because if we allow him to live he will doubtless continue to interfere in our quest. He is, or is at least powerful enough to impersonate, an actual deity here on the prime and probably one of the big three on the planet right now (including the Master and the Bard).
Avalon, don't worry, I'll Mass Heal us both and anyone else within reach, I just need Jemal to answer my question before I can post this rounds actions.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads