• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Erekose's Savage Tide - Act 1: There is No Honour

Erekose13

Explorer
After only a few moments, Lavinia arrives to great you on the porch. "Thank you all for joining me again. I can but hope that you've been successful in dealing with Vark and his men?" she says hopefully. Her long blue dress appears quite light and comfortable for the tropical tempuratures of Sassarine. She smiles as she pauses before you.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Alix makes quite sure that they are completely alone (even including the gnome--anyone could be a spy) before beginning.*

"Vark was involved in piracy and smuggling of exotic animals and beasts. When we approached him about this, he attacked us with a crew of thugs. We managed to thwart him with relatively little violence, and no women were harmed, but unfortunately, one of the creatures Vark had imprisoned escaped during the encounter and started killing people and lit the ship on fire. We easily defeated the beast and put out the fire without any harm to the vessel, but in an ironic twist, the weight of his own sins brought about Vark's end, as we were then too late for him, and another of his thugs or two were mauled by the monster. We are now in possession of your gold and your ring for entering the vault, both of which I bestow upon you now," Alix hands them over, "I have some other details I can share if you need further help from me and from my brave comrades, but I would not wish to presume such without the assertion of your desire."

Velmont

First Post
Jerrell sits down and let Alix speak. He listen and thinks that Alix have not the same definition of violence then himself.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Excellent, thank you all very much. This is all a very fortunate turn of events. With my father's ship back and his ring too! I knew that Vark was up to no good, but no one would listen to me." she says as she takes the ring and the money. "I do indeed have another opportunity that I wanted to share with, particularly in light of your success. With the Ravens away on another important matter for the family, I'm in need of personal troubleshooters if you are interested. I'd pay you quite well to remain in my employ and would entertain opportunities to see to your future success."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"As I said before, I am not in this for money, particularly since I know that you are hard up for cash, so feel no need to repay me until you are fully financially solvent once again, though of course, I will hope that you shall repay the favours I do for you once you are able. Please, let us know of your next task. I wonder if it might be what I think it is."

Manzanita

First Post
Julian perks up at the offer of further employment. "We're a good team, Lavininia. I'm happy to stay and help some more. Especially if it involves getting rid of more lowlifes like that Vark."

Erekose13

Explorer
"I think of everyone here, you might know Alix, though some of you may have guessed after our first meeting. As I mentioned before, I needed this ring to access my family's vault beneath Castle Teraknian in Sassarine Harbor. All of Sassarine's noble families have vaults under the castle, but I've never been. It was always my parents who maintained the treasury of the family. Rumors hold that some family vaults are quite extensive and guarded by traps. I suspect that my family's vault is relatively small and safe, but there might be a construct guardian. If you are amenable to it, I'd like you to accompany me to the vault and provide protection and aid in investigating the vault." she replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Excellent, it is as I thought. I have already checked at Castle Teraknian for various reasons...I will just say that there are malign forces at work that wish you ill, so I am going to strongly suggest that you visit with me incognito--disguise yourself in this Meravanchi servant's garb, if you would."

*Alix produces the outfit.*

"We will go to the vault together and retrieve your treasure for you without letting anyone know that you were there or that we removed it. This is because a dangerous killer wants the treasure as well. This will not only keep you safe, my dear, it will also provide the perfect bait for the killer--if my friends wait in the vault after you and I leave, I can bait the killer for a trap and capture."

"I have only your safety and well-being in mind. Please, Lavinia my dear, would you change into the provided apparel for this excursion? You should find that it is just the right size for you."

Manzanita

First Post
"Disguise sounds like a good idea." says Julian aimably. He lowers his voice and says to Jerrel, "I don't know about being locked in a vault though. Best we take a bit o' extra breakfast with us on this trip."

Velmont

First Post
"We are going all together, or simply you and her" asks Jerrell, not sure of what happening in Alix mind. Jerrell starts to not like to see one of his teammate to be planning two steps foward without letting the other knowing it.

Remove ads