Erekose's Savage Tide - Act 1: There is No Honour

Velmont

First Post
Jerrell draw his shield and rapier and place himself in a defensive stance, ready to strike at first hostile movement.

OOC: Init: 16, draw his shield and rapier and ready an attack (or partial charge if needded) against the cobra if it attack someone.

Erekose13

Explorer
[Round 1]

The cobra moves in with incredible speed and bites at Alix, but is unable to pierce his chianshirt. It does not appear to react to Alix's statement about Grey Renders in the least.

Alix retreats back to Lavinia and the others, handing her the ring.

Jerrell and Julian both move together to defend Lavinia and Alix. The two strike with swords against the hard metal carapace of the snake, though only Jerrel's strikes home. The rapier slides along the metal hardly scratching it.

Lavinia puts the ring on quickly and says hesitantly, "Stop".

To which the cobra obeys. "Um. Move over there." says Lavinia ordering the snake back into its alcove. To which it obeys.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: It wasn't enough for her to be a Vanderboren, right? She also needed the ring? Excellent)

"Good job, Lavinia--whew, I am glad that's over with. It's good that we have that cobra here, though. Later, when the others wait here for the ambush, the cobra can be our first line of defense. Let's keep going, then. Lavinia, I would be reluctant to put you in danger, but you seem to be able to thwart all the guardians, so let us advance together."

*Alix walks side-by-side with Lavinia, and the group continues until they find another guardian or the treasure room.*

Rystil Arden

First Post
'What do you expect? This is a treasure vault, Sparky. There's going to be treasure in the vault part, not on the person of random guardians. No harm in delaying since it isn't attacking though, but...'

"We might as well take a glance while we're here, but it would be best to head forward and onward soon if there's nothing clearly here. The treasure is probably deeper, in the vault part."

Manzanita

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
'What do you expect? This is a treasure vault, Sparky. There's going to be treasure in the vault part, not on the person of random guardians. No harm in delaying since it isn't attacking though, but...'

"We might as well take a glance while we're here, but it would be best to head forward and onward soon if there's nothing clearly here. The treasure is probably deeper, in the vault part."

OOC: I assumed we could see the whole vault, but no description of treasure was given.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: You may be right :eek: I admit that the initiative thing distracted me to several details, chief amongst them this one, which is very very bad--

Testing things Alix determines that the door can be opened from the inside without the ring just by pushing on it. However, while inside the door will not open from the outside without another application of the ring.
)

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: the same goes for me actually. I made a big gaffe that will require deviating from the text of the adventure. Nothing a DM can't handle, but annoying none-the-less.

Remove ads