• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Erekose's Savage Tide - Act 1: There is No Honour

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Alright then, I'll have Alix respond to Jerrell assuming we're in some secure location)

"Hmm...that's interesting, but very dangerous and also tricky. We don't know if he's hiring or how long it will take him or what he'll make you do before he trusts you. Also, if he has contacts watching Lavinia that know of your identity now because of this meeting, you could be in grave danger."

"Besides which, he probably has what we need in a lockbox somewhere, so in that sense, you'd still be in danger if you tried to nab it under his nose amidst any other guards, and that's assuming you can pick the lock."

"Still, it isn't a bad contigency plan based on our other options--thank you for volunteering it as another option!"

Manzanita

First Post
Once in a private spot, Julian will ask the others, "Those warriors, the half-elf, dwarf, human woman and man, I saw two of them sparring earlier on the grounds. Do any of you know who they are? They seem to know much of Lavinia's business. They seem too capable to be mere hired hands, to guard the grounds. If she's paying them good money, then what for? If they're capable, why didn't she hire them to do what she hired us to do?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Those warriors, the half-elf, dwarf, human woman and man, I saw two of them sparring earlier on the grounds. Do any of you know who they are? They seem to know much of Lavinia's business. They seem too capable to be mere hired hands, to guard the grounds. If she's paying them good money, then what for? If they're capable, why didn't she hire them to do what she hired us to do?"

"My guess? They're too well known as working for House Vanderboren, which would connect any such attempts to her too closely and make certain endeavours more difficult. That or she may have other tasks for them that she doesn't trust to us due to not knowing us well yet."

Velmont

First Post
"I don't know that group. First time I saw them. But for Vark, if he is the kind of man I think he is, I know exactly how to get a spot. After that, I could do some scouting fo teh ship more easily... but it's true he might take some time to trust me, or he might know about that meeting, but I would be suprised." replies Jerrell

Malarky

First Post
Tereg looks up, "Its no real secret that the Jade Ravens were associated with the house. They are called the Jade Ravens and they are a pretty decent bunch. Zan and Liamae didn't elaborate, but I understood that they have another assignment they were better suited for. Perhaps the Lady Lavinia is simply wanting a secondary group of helpers since the Ravens are known to be employed by her house."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I don't know that group. First time I saw them. But for Vark, if he is the kind of man I think he is, I know exactly how to get a spot. After that, I could do some scouting fo teh ship more easily... but it's true he might take some time to trust me, or he might know about that meeting, but I would be suprised." replies Jerrell

"It is worth a try if we cannot get information any other way," Alix admits, "But I have every confidence in Tereg--I think we might learn something useful without needing to resort to leaving you alone in hot water without backup to bail you out."

"Yes...I have a few ideas yet. Does anyone know where we could get a Hat of Disguise on loan or perhaps access to Disguise Self or similar magicks? With that capability, the number of gambits we could attempt would increase dramatically."

Malarky

First Post
Tereg ponders, "You know we do have a large number of women's clothing at the tavern, would hardly fit someone my size since they are usually left behind by patrons that skipped on their bills. But they might fit you Master Alix or Master Julian if you are so inclined. In the mean time I'll see what I can find out amongst my sources as well."

Malarky

First Post
ooc: as first level characters with little money its a fat chance that we'll find some of those goodies. best we can hope for is some drag.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Alix laughs.*

"Women's clothing can make a disguise, true, and while some of my favourite comedies at the theatre involve women dressed as boys or men in drag, I'm afraid a woman's outfit wouldn't help with any of the ideas I had in mind--most of them involve impersonating very specific people."

Rystil Arden

First Post
Malarky said:
ooc: as first level characters with little money its a fat chance that we'll find some of those goodies. best we can hope for is some drag.
(OOC: A scroll of Disguise Self is only 25 GP, and Alix is not a bad hand at UMD. We won't need it, per se, but it could make for some much tighter plans)

Remove ads