• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Erfworld

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Felix said:
Now I remember why that artistic style seemed familiar; in the panel with the guys riding the bugs, don't the bugs look like something that Spaceman Spiff of Calvin and Hobbes fame would have run into?

Yes, very true. But then again I like Spaceman Spiff.... :D

Sejs

First Post
Dig it. I actually like the art, and am interested in seeing where it goes.

...and Gobwin Knob makes me think of Kingdom of Loathing, but I may just be making connections where there arn't any, heh. We'll see.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I don't like Anime, but this strip looks pretty beautiful. Snarfquest played around with cutesy ways of talking, too, and I liked that strip.

As was said, it'll sink or swim based on the strips themselves.

I can't stand anime, but what caught me WAS the play on words. Did anybody besides me notice the similarity in ERFWorld and ENWorld? (Yes I know ERF is a play on earth, but come on, its TOO much of a similarity for me.)

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Thunderfoot said:
I can't stand anime, but what caught me WAS the play on words. Did anybody besides me notice the similarity in ERFWorld and ENWorld? (Yes I know ERF is a play on earth, but come on, its TOO much of a similarity for me.)

Yeah, I picked up on that immediately. Then I hit Gobwin and quit reading. My brain did the old "ohh, colorful pictures." And then I decided that all the cute wordings would drive me absolutely bonkers.

Nyaricus

First Post
I'm digging the art, and if the author is half as good as Rich himself, then he's better than half the other comic strip people out there.

cheers,
--N

RFisher

Explorer
While they aren't going to have a "gag-a-day", I hope they do fit the pacing to the format. If the "page breaks" are arbitrary, It'll have a hard time holding my interest. (I've tried to read webcomics that have had exactly that problem.)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads