• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EUREKA:Season 2-8/2007-Show 5

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
"Brains and that Magnetic Touch"

Wow...that girl got smarts! But overall, very likeable show. And Sara wants again, is scene stealing. :lol:

Maniac

Explorer
The one thing I did not like is Carter has always been portrayed as smart. Just as smart as all the geniuses but not as educated.
No this episode comes on and says he's just average??!
I am probably asking too much for a show like this but it really broke my suspension of disbelief.

M.

Sir Brennen

Legend
Maniac said:
The one thing I did not like is Carter has always been portrayed as smart. Just as smart as all the geniuses but not as educated.
Right. Which is why IQ tests are greatly debated in terms of what they actually represent/measure. Haven't you ever met someone who's very intelligent from an academic standpoint, but a complete idiot when it comes to dealing with real life and practical day-to-day stuff? Carter can be very "street-smart" and still only get an average score on an IQ test.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Excellent show and yep, Sara stole the show.

Carter, is smart in putting stuff together and thinking outside the box, he jumps steps to get to the answers. So, far everyone else has to show their work. It is deductive reasoning vs scientific reasoning.

Elf Witch

First Post
I liked the fact that his IQ was average. If you notice it is usually Carter who comes up with what is wrong and with the help of the smart folk solves the problem.

Henry said it would take drilling to get the piece that hit his car it was Carter who figured out how to do it without drilling.

joshhg

First Post
Yeah, sometimes having more "book smarts" can be a disadvantage. For instance, I've seen a very smart person (aces every dang test) run around for half a hour looking for a pair of sissors before I pointed out he had a pocketknife in his pocket. He later explained as "in my mind, everything has a use, or a list of uses. I need to cut the price tag off a shirt, I find sissors, because sissors cut tags. Knifes don't. It just doesn't fit."(paraphrase)

I, on the other hand, just use my teeth to cut the plastic loop. :p

kingpaul

First Post
Sir Brennen said:
Haven't you ever met someone who's very intelligent from an academic standpoint, but a complete idiot when it comes to dealing with real life and practical day-to-day stuff?
My wife says I look at one in the mirror every morning. :D

And to an extent (I want say how large), she's right.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I met many of the actors on Eureka at Comic-Con. They were all quite pleasant and friendly. The actors who play Jack Carter and Nathan Stark seemed like pretty close friends, and constant comedians. Both were very charismatic.

The actor who plays Fargo, whose real name is Neil, is quite cool. I hung out with him for a decent amount of time. He is a comic book collector (or was, but has not had much time for it the last year or so). He's from a town in Canada not that far from the town my wife is from, so they chatted about Canada for a while. He struck me as someone any of us would feel comfortable hanging out with. Very personable.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads