• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Even Newer Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

johnmeier1

Explorer
Wil counts out the gold absently while listening to Lord Byron. At the mention of "pirates" he perks up and takes interest in the rest of the tale. Ah a tale of the ocean. Adventure on the high seas. Truly though I am not a sailor, the salty wind is like a breath of fresh air to my lungs. I say adventure with compensation is well worth our sweat and blood. He looks over at Kane Perhaps we will slay a sea monster as well. wink

Wil turns and whispers something to the barbarian.

[sblock=Kane/renau1g] I have almost enough gold for a valuable brooch I saw in the arcane shop window. Could you lend me a few gold for the beginning of our journey? [/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk notices the rogue's interest in the group of adventurers. "Aye rogue, somethings got your interest. What going on Carolina?"

[sblock=updated stats]
Kruk- Male Dwarf Fighter Level 4

*Adverse Condition: None

*Initiative: +2
*Passive Insight 14
*Passive Perception 14
*Senses low light vision
*HP 55
*Bloodied 27 Surge Value 13; Surges Per-Day 12
*AC 23 Fortitude 21 Reflex 15 Will 15 Speed 5
*Save +5 vs. poison
+armor bonuses: resist 5 fire & resist 5 necrotic
*action Points:
*Second Wind:
basic attack:+1 Thundering Battleaxe: To Hit: +10: Damage 1d10+5: additional 1d6 for a crit
Powers
*At will:
Brash Strike
Resolute Shield
*Encounter:
Passing Attack
Parry and Riptose
Boot Power
*Daily
Comeback Strike
Unstopable
Thundering Weapon power
Cloak Power
Boot Power
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Wil counts out the gold absently while listening to Lord Byron. At the mention of "pirates" he perks up and takes interest in the rest of the tale. Ah a tale of the ocean. Adventure on the high seas. Truly though I am not a sailor, the salty wind is like a breath of fresh air to my lungs. I say adventure with compensation is well worth our sweat and blood. He looks over at Kane Perhaps we will slay a sea monster as well. wink

Wil turns and whispers something to the barbarian.

[sblock=Kane/renau1g] I have almost enough gold for a valuable brooch I saw in the arcane shop window. Could you lend me a few gold for the beginning of our journey? [/sblock]

"Sea monster? Maybe Kane can get new helmet than. The dragon head too big for Kane." the bugbear says forlornly as he gazes at the white dragon on the wall, he absentmindedly hands Wil a handful of gold, not counting or even paying much attention.

"Hmmmm....it good fun last time, Kane almost die against lizards and even saved a princess. Ok, Mr. Lord Byron you can have Kane fight sea monsters and pirates. They from Bacarte? Kane never been there, but Kane hear about 'nother bugbear from there, he carry big rapier, maybe he do it...he pirate they say" Kane says.

[sblock=OOC]
Kane's still a barbarian. His updated sheet is below. Kane will give Wil the required gold (john, just let me know whatever you need)

L4W:CS:Kane - L4W Wiki

I changed him mechanically into a half-orc, so now just regular waraxes, not large ones. I retrained weapon focus also to be able to "hurl Weapon", which sounds like lots of fun. [/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Kruk notices the rogue's interest in the group of adventurers. "Aye rogue, somethings got your interest. What going on Carolina?"

The halfling relays the information to Kruk and continues to try and hear the conversation at hand.

[sblock=OOC]Still waiting on one more approval and Carolina will be ready to go at level 4.[/sblock]

garyh

First Post
"Ok, Mr. Lord Byron you can have Kane fight sea monsters and pirates. They from Bacarte? Kane never been there, but Kane hear about 'nother bugbear from there, he carry big rapier, maybe he do it...he pirate they say" Kane says.

:D I love living worlds!

Tenchuu

First Post
"Almost," Lord Byron said, responding to Kane, "It's Geardagas, not Bacarte. On the island of Allaria. It's a town, of sorts. On of the few civilized settlements remaining on the island. The trip takes a few weeks by boat, so there will be plenty of time to ferret out the source of my pirate woes."

"So, Kane is in. The rest of you as well? My merchant vessel, the Wind's Will, waits at the docks. Captain Levenbrech is expecting you. Well, not you exactly, but adventurers, like yourselves, who I have hired to serve as body guards...which, in this case, if you specifically. I mean to say, he doesn't know its you that is coming, but if we have reached a deal, then it is indeed you who will be there, and he'll welcome you aboard."

The noble, fumbling on his words, just stopped talking. He smiled broadly, and gestured with his hands, as if to say, 'So?'.

[sblock=OOC]Got the final approval! If there are no other questions, I will make the game thread[/sblock][sblock=Kruk/Carolina]Carolina is able to make out the conversation at Byron's table.[/sblock]

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
Carolina continues to relay the conversation to Kruk. "Your friend, your adventure... I'm just along for the ride," she says afterward. "Whatever you want to do, I'm with you."

dimsdale

First Post
Carolina continues to relay the conversation to Kruk. "Your friend, your adventure... I'm just along for the ride," she says afterward. "Whatever you want to do, I'm with you."

Kruk looks at the rogue with a stern face "Let's do this. I need to get back. This solves the problem of transportation. Carolina, I owe you my friend. Thanks for taggin along." Kruk pauses and then chuckles "who knows...maybe there will be some gems in the deal." Kruk gives Carolina a wink as if it was part of an insided joke. The two head over to the other table. "Well met everyone!" Kruk says a little too loud, not being well versed in social skills. "Lord sir, Carolina (pointing to the rogue) and I are in need of transportation to the location you are going. You mentioned that you are in need of body guards for the journey. In exchange for passage we'd like to help out in the protection role. Both of us have experience in dealing with bad guys. In fact (pointing to the black dragon head), that baddy was slain by a group of adventurers which included myself and Carolina." Kruk, now speaking proudly begins to ramble about how we incountered the black dragon and what they did to kill it. Carolina rolls her eyes and kicks him hard in the shin as if to say get back to the business at hand. " "Oh...right....well, what do you say? Can we join you?"

renau1g

First Post
Kane's eyes go to the dwarf's axe, "Ohhh...two dragon killers together? Ha! You hear that friends, we both kill dragons, you know what they say, it no matter if they're black or white." the bugbear says, offering a large hand towards the halfling. "Hi little one." he says softly.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Carolina offers a nervous smile as she loses her hand inside the bugbear's. "Uh...hi," is all that she can muster.

[sblock]Not sure how this works... am I still 2nd level until another judge approves the level up (assuming no one has yet, I haven't checked yet this evening), or do I get to adventure at the new level anywy?[/sblock]

Remove ads