Exclusive Bruce Cordell interview

grimslade

Krampus ate my d20s
I think we will see a slight variation on the Star Wars Saga Edition Save Defenses.
Instead of a Will save bonus of +5, you have a will defense of 15.

Lonely Tylenol

First Post
Kid Charlemagne said:
He probably means "unclear" - murky in english originally refers to clarity of water; therefore murky water is hard to see through. Metaphorically, it means that he can't really say for sure things will look that far ahead, and the answer could decided wither way in the future.
"Answer murky" also sounds like a reference to the magic 8 ball, although it's not one of the standard answers.

frankthedm

First Post
Aloïsius said:
Yes ? I'm not fluent enough in english to guess what that "murky" means. Do you think it means nothing has been decided ? Or that the monk will have a darker flavor (ninja ?) ?
In this situation it sound like 'murky' means some folks who are making 4E are disagreeing and have yet to come to terms..

BryonD

Hero
Klaus said:
monk_vs_skeleton.jpg

I do very much hope monks are in the PHB. The Asian flavor could be ditched.

For instance:
Yep

I'm betting (fairly wildly) that monks, barbarians, and paladins will all exist as forms of fighter builds.

DM_Matt

First Post
AGH! Drow and Tieflings in the PHB, but not Asimar? Seems that they are caving to Drizzle fanboys, broody vampire players, and players of amoral MMO (RP - sorta) Gs who think its 1337 to be dark and anti-heroey and demonic and kinda evil.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

kerbarian

Explorer
DM_Matt said:
AGH! Drow and Tieflings in the PHB, but not Asimar? Seems that they are caving to Drizzle fanboys, broody vampire players, and players of amoral MMO (RP - sorta) Gs who think its 1337 to be dark and anti-heroey and demonic and kinda evil.
Eladrin have been mentioned as a possible PHB1 race, and they're celestial. Tieflings make sense to me as an interesting PC race -- it seems reasonable to soften "usually evil" to "tendencies towards evil" for them.

The only way drow would make sense, though, is if every PC drow is one of the incredibly rare not-thoroughly-evil outcasts. I can't see that as a good candidate for a core race.

kerbarian

Explorer
BryonD said:
I'm betting (fairly wildly) that monks, barbarians, and paladins will all exist as forms of fighter builds.
I expect paladins will be their own class, since they'd have a different "power source". But barbarians and monks as fighter builds seem entirely plausible. Or monks as a rogue build.

rounser

First Post
"There is a warlord class."
Warlords are NPCs or PCs with armies, not PCs on dungeoneering expeditions. Sounds a bit of a yucky "against archetype" thing. Even if such a PC has minions following him in the dungeon corridors, it just doesn't scan as a classical hero for me. And leading the rest of the party doesn't call at all for the overblown tag of "warlord" IMO, even if they are trying for something that sounds more fantasy than something like "marshall". Maybe it's some sort of concession to the miniatures game...erk.

(To avoid being totally negative, I'd add that's the first thing I've seen about 4E that I'm not on board with in concept at least.)

Last edited:

Remove ads