• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

FADED GLORY: The Black Eyes of the Demon Scorpion (FINISHED!)

nakia

First Post
Yeah Henry! I'm loving the story hour, even as this was the part where Maxian was up against a +45 grapple check or something similarly ridiculous. Damn scorpions.

Old One

First Post
nakia said:
Yeah Henry! I'm loving the story hour, even as this was the part where Maxian was up against a +45 grapple check or something similarly ridiculous. Damn scorpions.

Hey...quit whinin'...at least I gave you a chance to have your arms free. How dare you curse my lovable scorpions ;)!

Off Topic: Have you guys moved yet?

~ OO

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Henry, hopefully now you'll have gotten all of our recollections from the endgame. Now imagine that this all happened around a year ago and you'll know what Old One and I are up against when we update our story hours. ;)

Tony Vargas

Legend
nakia said:
Maxian was up against a +45 grapple check or something similarly ridiculous. Damn scorpions.
Did someone forget the -20 for Improved Grab?

(Does anyone /ever/ remember the -20 for Improved Grab?)

nakia

First Post
Old One said:
Hey...quit whinin'...at least I gave you a chance to have your arms free. How dare you curse my lovable scorpions ;)!

Off Topic: Have you guys moved yet?

~ OO

Giant scorpions are the new chocolate lab retriever.

And we haven't moved just yet. We're packing, with a yard sale on Saturday. We're not moving until the end of the month.

What did your wife think of Charlotte?

Old One

First Post
Tony Vargas said:
Did someone forget the -20 for Improved Grab?

(Does anyone /ever/ remember the -20 for Improved Grab?)

Hmmm...that is what happens when you DM off the SRD...what are the specs on this?

~ OO

Old One

First Post
nakia said:
Giant scorpions are the new chocolate lab retriever.

And we haven't moved just yet. We're packing, with a yard sale on Saturday. We're not moving until the end of the month.

What did your wife think of Charlotte?

Natch.

The trip was not the glorious success I had imagined.

First, for reasons that seemed sane at the time, we drove down with our 27-month old and 5-1/2 month old. Bleah. The first half of the trip each way was graced by two screamin' mimis.

Second, the weather absolutely sucked on Thu/Fri. Torrential rains made for very poor house-hunting. We were so tired by the end of the day Fri that we called a halt on Sat for a day of rest and recuperation. By the time we left, I rated the "Success %" of a move back down to Charlotte at below 20%.

However, we discussed on the way home and more since we have been back and decided to go back down in late summer/early fall - just the two of us - for another trip. We will probably make a little mini-vacation out of it and leave the kids with the GPs. Even if we like what we see...we won't do anything until my father-in-law passes, which could come at anytime...so we shall see.

~ OO

nakia

First Post
Old One said:
Natch.

The trip was not the glorious success I had imagined.

First, for reasons that seemed sane at the time, we drove down with our 27-month old and 5-1/2 month old. Bleah. The first half of the trip each way was graced by two screamin' mimis.

Second, the weather absolutely sucked on Thu/Fri. Torrential rains made for very poor house-hunting. We were so tired by the end of the day Fri that we called a halt on Sat for a day of rest and recuperation. By the time we left, I rated the "Success %" of a move back down to Charlotte at below 20%.

However, we discussed on the way home and more since we have been back and decided to go back down in late summer/early fall - just the two of us - for another trip. We will probably make a little mini-vacation out of it and leave the kids with the GPs. Even if we like what we see...we won't do anything until my father-in-law passes, which could come at anytime...so we shall see.

~ OO

Sorry it wasn't more successful. It sounds as if the fates conspired against you in your house hunting. And, again, sorry about your father-in-law. I'll be thinking about you and your wife during what has to be a difficult time.

You and your wife would be welcome in Rock Hill during any future trips down, of course.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Old One said:
However, we discussed on the way home and more since we have been back and decided to go back down in late summer/early fall - just the two of us - for another trip. We will probably make a little mini-vacation out of it and leave the kids with the GPs.

You know, if that were to fall on or around September 23...

GAME DAY! ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads