• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Favorite French Film of all time

Favorite French Film of all time

• Moliere

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • La Haine

• Cache

• Jean de Florette

• Manon de Source

• Avenue Montaigne

• High Tension

• The Diving Bell and the Butterfly

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
THE FRENCH CONNECTION :lol:

Which one was where Horus came back to earth and took over a body, strnage movie but visually stunning and cool. See if I can find it.

Then there is Alphaville, just saw that the other month on TCM.

Last edited:

Brown Jenkin

First Post
Which one was where Horus came back to earth and took over a body, strnage movie but visually stunning and cool. See if I can find it.

That would be Immortel (ad vitam). I didn't count that one in my favorites because I don't consider it French. It was French Produced but filmed in English. My take on the OP was French Films in the French Language.

Kaodi

Hero
Wasn't Brotherhood of the Wolf a French film? Not saying it was my favourite or anything, but it certainly an appropriate title for contention on these boards.

Banshee16

First Post
Is this poll concerning only French films as in produced by or acted by those in France? Or the language French?

Bon Cop Bad Cop is supposed to be pretty good. Given it takes place on the Quebec/Ontario border, it's actually in both languages..:)

Banshee

death tribble

First Post
There are quite a few missing from this like

Les Enfants Du Paradis which was made during the war (WW2). worth a look

Belle Du Jour by Bunuel starring Catherine Deneuve
Other French Bunuel works are The Discrete Charm of the Bourgeioise and That Os=bscure Object of Affection

En Plein Soleil with Alain Delon

Most of Philippe Noret's work including Le Cop

There is a film noir called Rififfi by Jules Dassin worth a look.

A Man Escaped about a man imprisoned during the war and his meticulous escape.

There are others but that last time I tried to post this I was logged out.

Remove ads