• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Favorite French Film of all time

Favorite French Film of all time

• Moliere

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • La Haine

• Cache

• Jean de Florette

• Manon de Source

• Avenue Montaigne

• High Tension

• The Diving Bell and the Butterfly

Vayden

First Post
Huh - this was totally not what I was expecting when I clicked into this thread. What about:

"A bout de souffle" (aka Breathless) by Godard?
"Le Samourai" or "Le Cercle Rouge" by Melville?
"400 Blows", "Grand Illusion", etc?

I mean, you've got some good movies up there, but when you say "French Films" I expect to see at least one Godard up there. ;)

death tribble

First Post
You could always add Betty Blue and Subway to this.

And last year was the French made Tell No One which takes a Harlen Corbin story and sets it in France. very good.

But no Jean Reno films ?
No Jean Louis Trintignant ?
No Bardot ?

And what about Truffaut ? Day For Night about a film being made should be on the list.

But Jean Paul Belmondo and Marlene Jobert should be there as well.
And Jacques Tati.

Find Rififfi which is about a robbery gone wrong made by Jules Dassin in the 50s.
The Wages of Fear with Yves Montand

Rules of the Game by Renoir (IIRC)
La Belle et La Bete

I came here to make sure that Leon and City of Lost Children were acounted for. Seeing as that job has been taken care of, I will also note that Amelie was pretty good, although not really worthy of a "favorite" title.

arcanaman

First Post
I have not seen about half of those, but I am looking forward to a few, like Butterfly, and Rose.
It's obvious to me know I have'nt even seen the tip of the iceberg when it comes to french films and also I don't know how to add more to the poll as I have never had this probelm before

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads