• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Feats that boost initiative

Stalker0

Legend
I'm playing in a high level (19th level) one shot, and as we all know at those levels he who goes first often goes last.

I have my class and magic items handled (I have a custom VOP build with my dm, so please no mention of magic items). What I need now are feats that can improve initiative. Of course, improved initiative is the first, but are there others? I want to boost my initiative as high as possible.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
A trait from UA, Aggressive, I think. Trades -1 AC for +2 initiative. There's a Luck feat in C Scoundrel to reroll init (luck points) times per day. Danger Sense from CAdv lets you roll twice once per day. Of course, there's Improved Initiative. Going Swordsage 19 will net you another +4. Dwarf (Battle Hardened) and Goliath (Marking of the Hunter) races have racial feats in RoS. Marshals can take the Dex aura to add their cha to everyone's init, i think Dragon Shamans get an aura to improve it, too. SpC has a first level spell that gives you (or some other target) a +5 init, used as an immediate action before init is rolled.

Last edited:

MarkB

Legend
And if you're going to take all those feats, you might want to top them off with Martial Study to get the White Raven Tactics manoever from Book of Nine Swords - that way, both you and one of your allies can benefit from your alacrity.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Okay, so no spells. There's a Diamond Mind maneuver that gives you +20 Initiative, though.

All the feats I can think of are covered in the thread jaelis provided, except Draconic Aura (Senses) from Dragon Magic. If you take that, you'll also want to gain the Dragonblood subtype so the bonus increases (via your race, or by a feat like Dragontouched).

Cheers, -- N

Remove ads