[FFD20] Let's Mass our Forces, and Rebuild our Power

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Re: GW

Drake Masters said:
NP, these were just playtest ideas, and I was intending to expand them to add other classess, at least for suggestions. Sorry if I offended you.:(

No offense taken. :)

I wasn't certain if that was the whole list of classes you were going to do, or if those were just the ones you were going to use for playtesting the idea, and expand it to other classes once you did so. My fault, not yours. :)

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Spell Levels

I'm working on writing up conversions of blue spells, and I need to know if we're using 0th level spells or not. I haven't seen any clear decisions on this yet, so I'm asking.

drothgery

First Post
Re: Spell Levels

GnomeWorks said:
I'm working on writing up conversions of blue spells, and I need to know if we're using 0th level spells or not. I haven't seen any clear decisions on this yet, so I'm asking.

I'd say yes; the progressions get kind of messy without them. But YMMV.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Yeah, we should keep 0th level spells. Maybe not in Blue Magic... as I havn't delved into that exactly... but they are kinda good to have. Blue Magic might only have 6 levels, I don't know yet though...

Your half right

drothgery said:
I don't think the 'MP die' idea will work out very well in practice. Poor MP rolls penalize a caster quite a bit more than poor HP rolls would penalize a melee-type.

I understand what your saying, but I have resons for posting that idea. First off if a first level black wizard had 14 in wisdom would have 12 mp. In the system I sugested he would be able to cast 6 first level spells, 12 zero level spells, or any combination there of. This makes a spell caster far more versitile than the 3rd edition Sorcerer (But hey I still love him:D )
Second in the world of FF, mages run out of MP all the time. And it sucks. But that's why God invented ether! Not to mention a truly clever spell caster would not rely soley on his spell casting ability but also scrolls potions and other magical trinkits he can use from the safty of the back row.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
creamsteak said:
Yeah, we should keep 0th level spells. Maybe not in Blue Magic... as I havn't delved into that exactly... but they are kinda good to have. Blue Magic might only have 6 levels, I don't know yet though...

Well, as far as the list of blue spells I posted above is concerned, there is one (1) blue spell that fits 0th level.

However, there are at least a dozen that fit in the 7th to 9th range. I think it would be better if those levels existed, but I don't suppose it's a requirement.

Creamsteak

CS, In V. 1.1 of the PDF the lancer has a list of bonus feats but no were in the discription or table dose it say what levels they get them:confused:
Also, in my opinion taking the 3rd edition monk and giving him extra abilities makes the class too powerful.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Alright, this is what I have so far for blue spells. The creature in brackets after the description is what monster the spell is learned from; as you will be able to tell, I haven't gotten to that part yet for most spells. It's a .doc, so if you can't read that, let me know and I'll post an .rtf, or something, as well.

This isn't a finished list, but it's what I've got so far.

Attachments

• blue spells.doc
    22 KB · Views: 81

Drake Masters

First Post
PrC

Here is a list of possible PrC that we could come up with:

Engineer
Holy Knight
Holy Swordsman
Temple Knight
Astronomer
Heavan Knight
Hell Knight
Dragoner
Soldier
Divine Knight
Dark Knight
Assassin
Lune Knight
Curch Inquisitor
Sorcerer

This is an incomplete list, and I know it really only covers Tactics classess, but that's where I am starting. What do you guys think?:)

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Re: PrC

Drake Masters said:
Engineer
Holy Knight
Holy Swordsman
Temple Knight
Heaven Knight
Hell Knight
Dragoner
Divine Knight
Dark Knight

This list could be workable, imo.

Astronomer
Soldier
Assassin
Lune Knight
Curch Inquisitor
Sorcerer

This list is not, imo.

Astronomer was broken. No questions asked. Two words: Galaxy Stop.

Soldier was really wierd.

Assassin was a little overpowered. Shadow Stitch, Ultima...

The other three I don't remember too well.

Remove ads