• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fiery Burst: Overpowered?

Videssian

First Post
Nail said:
....you......

*shakes head*.. maybe you should prep some more for tomorrow's game if you're THAT bored ;)

I play a cleric in a different campaign which has this feat, and I don't find it overpowered. It fits in with his character concept very well, and it gives him a modest ranged capability where otherwise he has none. It's not come into play much, but it's nice to have.

Maybe it'd be overpowered if it were force damage.. but it's fire damage (which is the most commonly protected-against energy type). And perhaps that's why the other energy-type equivalent feats have other requirements, like a successful touch attack.

Nail

First Post
:eek:
....I'm currently working on my Inquiry Pedagogy project...can't you tell?
<= :eek:

Sorry all: *Way Off-topic*...I'll stop, promise. :)

Last edited:

takasi

First Post
Is it any worse than the average 3rd level Power Attacking Half Orc Barbarian that can easily do 1d12+15 damage almost every other round?

Nail

First Post
takasi said:
Is it any worse than the average 3rd level Power Attacking Half Orc Barbarian that can easily do 1d12+15 damage almost every other round?
It's at range, can damage more than one opponent, and is an energy damage attack. That can be significant.

...but hardly over-powering. I'd allow it IMC, FWIW.

Paradigm

First Post
Reserve Feats stand up better for Clerics than Wizards/Sorcerers, the arcane guys will almost always have a better option for casting.

Videssian

First Post
Takasi said:

Nail said:
It's at range, can damage more than one opponent, and is an energy damage attack. That can be significant.

...but hardly over-powering. I'd allow it IMC, FWIW.

Also, the barbarian can damage more than one opponent too (Cleave/Great Cleave/Whirlwind Attack, and Supreme Cleave if one adds certain PrCs)

Remove ads