Fighting fantasy d20!

I never liked Warlock of Firetop Mountain -- it had every tedious dungeon crawl cliche available. Even at that age, I was agin it! :) If they convert Forest of Doom or City of Thieves or some of the more interesting books, though, I'll be all over them.

senodam

First Post
After a mooch on the forums I found some interesting news, in June this year the guys at Myriador have two new books planned- Deathtrap Dungeon, and Shamutanti Hills. It seems they're doing the whole Sorcery! series as a mini campaign. Sigh- bye bye FR, time to change worlds.

Oh, and they are doing Titan and Out of the Pit in D20 rules too. :D

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
I loved the FF books, I think I played just about all of them until around 1989 or so. We used to trade them in class and play them during lectures in 7th and 8th grade. We made dice out of paper or used chits to play. I loved the art work in a lot of the books. It had that dirty Warhammeresqe feel, the British style I used to call it. I'm going to have to hunt some of those down on E-bay...

Sigh... And here I was all fired up about going to SJ Games at GenCon, finding out who had the license for the Sorcery! series, and proposing a D20 campaign series based on it. I so wanted to work on that...

Oh, well. At least I get to read 'em fresh this way. :D

And yes, they must be mine!

Eternalknight

First Post
Zander said:
I spoke to the guys at Myriador and they said that the FF modules should be hitting UK stores in about 2 weeks.

Wow, that soon??? Cool :cool:

Ok, so we have The Warlock of Firetop Mountain and Cavern of the Snow Witch first. The latter seems an odd choice, as it definately wasn't one of the best FF books. Then we have Deathtrap Dungeon and The Shamutanti Hills... too cool!

And possibly Out of the Pit and Titan... Out of the Pit basically already exists in the form of the Monster Manual...

So let's hope now we get Citadel of Chaos and hopefully House of Hell for d20 Modern!

Remove ads