Finding online gaming groups for DnD 4.0

Dice4Hire

First Post
I usually play via Yahoogroups, cannot really do real-time. I am running a couple games right now, and will be starting a Dark Sun one soon, so if anyone is interested in playing via Yahoogroups, let me know

Or if you need a player playing via Yahoogroups, let me know

Thanks

Maximilia

First Post
I'd be interested in maybe playing. I run an online one for my "home" forums, but we're pretty erratic at the moment being as it's summer, and one of our players is in Britain, so we haven't much choice for what time slot we play at.

OnlineDM

Adventurer
Starting our game

Since I was the one who volunteered to DM for this online 4e game, Palacer has reached out to me to see if I can get it going. Yep, I'm up for it!

Here are my thoughts so far:

• We will play using MapTool as our virtual tabletop (it's free). Please download version 1.3b66 for our game, as that's what I'll be using to run it.
  • We will use Skype for audio (also free)
  • Palacer has requested that we start the game at 6th level - that's negotiable. Whatever the majority of the group ends up wanting to do, we'll do. It sounds like a lot of players are new, which means that starting at first level might be simpler, but again, whatever the group prefers I'll run.
  • We'll run with 5 players by default, and if we have more interest than that I'd like to have some alternates available (just in case). I'll go as low as four players, but not lower.
  • We'll plan on running four-hour sessions when we get together, probably once a week.
  • We'll stick with character content from the three Player's Handbooks and Forgotten Realms - no Eberron, no Dragon Magazine content.
  • We'll likely start off with a little more combat focus and a little less role playing, shifting over time to include more role playing as we get to know one another and our characters better.
  • Scheduling will probably be a challenge, as we'll most likely be spread across multiple time zones (I see we have at least one person in the UK, while I'm in the US Mountain Time Zone, for instance).
So, if you're interested in this game, it's open sign-up time! Please put a post in this thread as well as sending an email to me at my gmail.com address, which is OnlineDungeonMaster, with the following information:

• Your EN World nickname (obvious for your post here, but please connect it for me in the email)
  • What you would like me to call you if it's something other than your EN World handle (feel free to leave this out of your EN World post if you like, such as if you want me to call you by your actual name and you don't want that on the message board)
  • Whether you prefer to start at Level 1 or Level 6
  • Your availability to play by day and time - please only include blocks of at least 4 hours in length, and make sure you specify what time zone you're talking about
  • Any idea on what character you want to play (you're not locked into this now, but it's useful to know if we have five players who are all thinking about playing strikers, for instance)
  • Anything else you think we should know
For instance, here's my post as DM:

• OnlineDM (call me Michael)
  • I'd prefer to start at Level 1, but I'm okay if the group prefers Level 6
  • I'm available Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday evenings from 6:00 PM until midnight Mountain Time and generally available any time on the weekends (with irregular exceptions). If we go with a weekend, I prefer mornings.
  • I plan to play a Human DungeonMaster
  • I'm still a relatively new DM, but I've been running a game for a group of friends using MapTool and Skype for a few months now and blogging about it for the world to see. I'm looking forward to starting up a new game, especially since my current game is on hiatus due to work conflicts for one of my players.
Drop me a line and let me know what you think!

Palacer

First Post
Michael - AKA Sir DM,

Thank you for volunteering to DM for this game session, it's much appreciated.

I'll start off the sign-ups here:

1 ) Call me Dan
2 ) My availability from now until August 18th is Mon/Tues/Thurs free at 7:30 PM Pacific time, but that won't work likely for most --- Friday I'm free at 3 PM Pacific and the weekends free anytime ( minus a couple barbecues to attend ) -- mornings/evenings work for me.

After August 18th I'll be permanently back on Central time and will be free anytime after 5 PM Central during the week. Later when we figure out who's interested and who can play, my availability can be even sooner on certain days as an fyi.

Fridays will not work unfortunately. Weekends I will also be free back in central time and mornings/evenings are preferred.

3 ) Classes I'm looking at playing right now is a Virtuous Half elf Bard or a Gyth Avenger type -- Leaning more towards the Leader Bard type right now, but open to seeing what others would like.

4 ) I'm also ok with the level request. I just stated we might start at lvl 6 because with most campaigns in my experience, it takes a good while to reach lvl 6 from lvl 1 and at 6 the action starts getting more interesting. If we do have new players myself, and Michael, and others I'm sure would be more than happy to explain and teach how the combat works. Again, If people feel more comfortable starting at lvl 1 that works for me too.

jdawgcurtis

First Post
1. jdawgcurtis (Jason)
2. Either 1 or 6 is okay with me.
3. I'm eastern. Available Wednesday and Friday evenings after 7pm EST. Also most of the day on Sundays.
4. I am cool with just about anything. I will narrow it down, but right now I'm thinking Druid, Sorcerer, Ranger, or Rogue.
5. I've been playing 4e for over a month. I played D&D Miniatures for a while, but haven't really played D&D since high school. I do play WOW regularly :)

Shananiganeer

First Post
Handle: Shananiganeer
Name: Ravi and Melissa
Level: 6+ (IMO heroic tier really sucks. I'd at least like to have 3 encounter powers[level 7] and preferably 3 dailies[level 9].)
Availability: Anytime other then Wed night EST (GMT -5), preferably nights. I leave for basic training in September (technically August 31st) and will have to bow out for the duration, but Melissa should be able to run my char while I'm gone.
Class/Role: I'll play whatever the party needs for decent balance. Melissa wants to play an Elvish Ranger or Half-Elf Paladin.
Misc: Melissa = my fiance, so count this app twice :p.

OSEZNO

First Post
Name: You can call me O or Charles
Level: 6 Would be nice, but I am more than delighted to start at level one if you and the rest of the group prefer it.
Availability: I'm free M,T,R,F from 6PM EST to 12(midnight) EST, I am free from 9 AM EST to 4 PM EST on Saturday and free all day Sunday. I'm not free wednesdays, at least not for a couple of months.
Class/Role: I would prefer to play these Leaders or Strikers: Cleric, Bard, Ardent, Monk, Warlock. However, I am also willing to play these defender/controller classes: Druid, Psion, Swordmage, Seeker.

Not much else to say except I look forward to hopefully playing!

Last edited:

Remove ads