For More Than Glory (Emiricol's Campaign)

firehorse

First Post
Ok guys, I have an issue. My new jobsite is a hundred miles away and I am going to be staying in a Motel in the area rather than commute 200 miles per day. That being the case, I am not sure I will be able to bring my computer with me since my wife needs it during the week sometimes.

So, I am asking if there is a possibility of moving the game to Friday nights. Weekends won't work and obviously I may not be able to play during the week. Let me know. I will monitor this thread for comments.

firehorse

First Post
Ok guys, I have an issue. My new jobsite is a hundred miles away and I am going to be staying in a Motel in the area rather than commute 200 miles per day. That being the case, I am not sure I will be able to bring my computer with me since my wife needs it during the week sometimes.

So, I am asking if there is a possibility of moving the game to Friday nights. Weekends won't work and obviously I may not be able to play during the week. Let me know. I will monitor this thread for comments.

firehorse

First Post

firehorse

First Post

Akman

First Post
Going on hiatus

Yeah; it's happened -- too much babytime; evenings just aren't free anymore. I'm going to have to bow out, at least for a while. I'll not be around this evening; sorry. Thanks for the fun! Ak'man Al Azak Tor

firehorse

First Post
Well, that was cute... The iPad sucks for trying to post in here. Anyway, I pried the laptop from my wife's hands and have it with me in the Hotel. I don't see anyone on OpenRPG, but I'll stick around and see if anybody shows.

firehorse

First Post
**Sigh** After all that my internet connection died and never came back. Moved to another room. We will see how it goes from now on. I will do my best to make the game, but keep the contingency plan...

Dragonwriter

First Post
Understood, Ak'man. Baby certainly takes priority over the game. There'll be a spot for you when those duties lighten up.

As for you, FH, attend when you can. We'll be running a side game in the meantime/the times you can't make it.

Speaking of that side game, here is the list of what is on my shelf. Remember, you can pick 2 of these from outside of Core.

[sblock=Book List]
Player’s Handbook 2
Unearthed Arcana
Planar Handbook
Dragon Magic
Tome of Magic
Tome of Battle
Magic of Incarnum
Complete Warrior
Complete Adventurer
Complete Divine
Complete Arcane
Complete Mage
Complete Scoundrel
Complete Champion
Races of the Dragon
Races of the Wild
Races of Stone
Sandstorm
Stormwrack
Frostburn
Spell Compendium
Magic Item Compendium
Weapons of Legacy
Heroes of Horror
Heroes of Battle

Monster Manual 2-5
Fiend Folio
Lords of Madness
Draconomicon
Libris Mortis
Fiendish Codex 1 and 2
Exemplars of Evil
Elder Evils
Stronghold Builder’s Guide
Dungeonscape
[/sblock]

Also, a few further rules added to this for the purposes of Gestalt:
A running tally of BAB and Base Saves will be kept for each "side" of the gestalt with only the highest total applying to your character.
Hybrid/Dual PrCs are out. This means stuff like Mystic Theurge (and its cousins in other books), Arcane Trickster, etc. are unacceptable.
I am ignoring the multiclassing and favored class rules for this, as XP will not be a factor.
The following PrCs are banned: Frenzied Berserker, Ur-Priest.

Characters will be 40 point-buy, 3/4 HP per level, round up on odd character levels and down on even (except, naturally, 1st).

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Awesome! I would like to know what specifically from Unearthed Arcana you will be allowing (or what you will not be allowing, whichever is shorter to list). I might pick it as one of my books, and if I do, I would want to use it for more than just variant class features.

Also, if you would have wild shape function as in the PHB (based off the polymorph spells) or in the errata'd SRD (based off alternate form). The key difference being that in the former, items you can still wear don't have to meld and become nonfunctional if you don't want; and in the latter, everything always melds w/o exception no matter what (even clothing).
[sblock]I am thinking of playing a Master of Many Forms from C.Adventurer, which lets you take humanoid, giant, and monstrous humanoid shapes, all of which obviously can basically use all the same items as a human could and...like to be clothed. So your answer to this kind of makes-or-breaks things for me choosing the class. I know earlier for FMTG you said you'd follow the SRD, but was wondering if you'd rule different w/ actual human-shaped forms being options now (well, I guess elemental forms for normall wildshape are, too...).[/sblock]

Has anyone decided what they want to play?

Any more details about the background of the setting, why we're together and totally not backstabbing each other, etc...?

Remove ads