For More Than Glory (Emiricol's Campaign)

Jaedlyn

First Post
I have four different characters in various stages of design at this point. Only one of which might be chaotic evil, and thats only because of alignment restrictions. One is a Dread Necromancer/Favored Soul, the second a Beguiler/Swashbuckler, 3rd is a variant on my two handed duelist, and last is still hazy on details, but along the lines of a barbarian.

As long as we have no mustache-twirlers I don't see any real problems with getting a few characters to work together.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Awesome! I would like to know what specifically from Unearthed Arcana you will be allowing (or what you will not be allowing, whichever is shorter to list). I might pick it as one of my books, and if I do, I would want to use it for more than just variant class features.

I can't think of anything I wanted to disallow from UA.

Also, if you would have wild shape function as in the PHB (based off the polymorph spells) or in the errata'd SRD (based off alternate form). The key difference being that in the former, items you can still wear don't have to meld and become nonfunctional if you don't want; and in the latter, everything always melds w/o exception no matter what (even clothing).

I follow what Errata I have (AFAIK, all errata for the books on my shelf).

Any more details about the background of the setting, why we're together and totally not backstabbing each other, etc...?

Still working on that. :)

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Ok, so everything melds, and MoMF is out as a possibility.

I assume even though you said everything from UA, bloodlines (which effectively give level adjustment) and level adjustment buy off are both out due to you saying no LA or racial HD. Are you allowing spell points? They...basically turn every prepared caster into a sorceror that can change his spells known every day, which seems like a really bad idea to me... They also encourage "god caster" by specifically and only penalizing direct damage spells to cost extra points for the normal caster level-based benefits.

As for me, I mostly just want a good melee character with proper support abilities. Which may or may not include casting, but definitely must include flight. Was considering a Wildshape Ranger / MoMF // some caster class, but that's out. Warblade//Wizard is definitely strong, but kind of bored with both classes right now. Still pretty unsure what I want to do. Unless a class restricts alignment, I will almost certainly be LE, though. I love the Lawful Evil alignment.

Last edited:

Jaedlyn

First Post
I'll go ahead and include a link to my three completed characters.

1. Dread Necro/FvS - http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=68254

Weapon of the Deity/Divine Favor turning the character into servicable melee, with the ability re-animate 100HD or so worth of slain foes. I also have a full backstory for this character.

2. Beguiler/Swashbuckler: Control/Light Melee/Healing. http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=68248

3. Fighter/Rogue Duelist: Fairly Mobile http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=68288

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Ok, I think I know what I want to play, working on it currently. Would be a Lawful Evil Master of Nine, backstory basically would be that he was a student of Reshar that turned to the dark arts and betrayed him.

Books used: Tome of Battle, Unearthed Arcana

Variants I want to use: Unarmed Swordsage (ToB Swordsage adaptation), 2 Flaws (UA), Generic Spellcaster (UA), Traits (UA).

First two are to help with Mo9's crazy feat requirements. Traits I don't really care about but figured I might as well use. Generic caster has less spells than a sorceror, but has nice customization and lets me use wisdom, so I like. Please let me know if any of this is not being allowed.

Dragonwriter

First Post
All those variants except Generic Spellcaster are fine.

As for Alanciel’s info…
The Stole of the Sun, the artifact linked to Aohalim, was lost in the desert wastelands of Suryanasta 137 years ago. It was being carried by a skilled warrior devoted to the Shining Lord when her caravan was ambushed by powerful undead. Everyone was killed and the Stole was taken and hidden in Mezekesh, a city that exists only in mirages.

The Armor of the War-King, Brand’s artifact, was buried in the tomb of a Caedmon warlord, once a mighty servant of Brand, after he fell in battle against a trio of death slaad assassins (though he took all three with him in the fight). He was laid to rest in a powerfully warded tomb on a small island off the coast of Caedmon roughly 200 years ago. Unfortunately, it seems grave robbers broke in shortly after. The magic invested in the tomb sunk the whole little island beneath the icy waters.

Parushan’s blade, Corruption, was destroyed a short time ago (by celestial standards) by a group of mercenaries-turned-semi-heroes.

Targan’s Cloak, the Cloak of the Elf-Lord, was stolen from the Grand Temple in Lorlynia 376 years ago. It is supposedly held by a mighty priestess of Kithra somewhere within one of the great mountains of the world.

The Blade of the Goblin Hordes is somewhere in the Southern Kingdoms, most likely Ulruz.

Eraekoth’s Skycleaver is kept far beneath the waves by the ancient Grandfather Kraken as part of the monstrosity’s massive hoard of sunken treasures.

DroidDr

First Post
Hi,

I will probably miss tonight's game.
I still have family visiting for Easter and it would be rude to game while they are here.
If they leave this evening I will be there, but it is unlikely.

Dragonwriter, please send me the logs, I think you have my email.

Sorry and have a good game people!

DroidDr aka Valimir

Dragonwriter

First Post
Due to unforeseen family circumstances, I am stuck out of town. I still have computer access and OpenRPG available, but I have none of my books, or recent files, nodes, or notes.

I would still like to run something tomorrow night, as we have the two-week break after it, but I really can't advance FMTG without all that info... So I figure I'll probably do what I have in the past and run a semi-arena set for any of you who want it, pitting you against some nasty monsters. It will have no bearing on the actual game, but it's at least something to do. And everyone will still get participation XP.

Sorry about the rather short notice. :(

Remove ads