• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

For the emperor ! (IC thread - always recruiting )

Shayuri

First Post
Zhent cocks his head, ostensibly considering the exploding meat stick Trixie has just assembled, then mutters softly, "I'm afraid the interest we gathered back at the bar has followed us. The man in the flight suit, yes Kestrel?"

"Of course, If he didn't follow us, then I think we can assume he's mixed up with whomever's inside that warehouse."

Kestrel doesn't look, but her lips curve into a faint frown.

"If so, then he should stop following us when we leave here. We'll go somewhere else from here...and if he still follows us, then we'll have to take steps to see to it that he stops. We can't have someone following us around once we begin working on the mission proper."

Jemal

Adventurer
McClane gathers the credits and the bag, nodding to the man. "Pleasure doin' business with ya. If there's nuthin else?" Assuming not, he turns and motions Rat to precede him out the exit, gathering his shotgun on the way.

[sblock=ooc]
McClane would definitely leave most of the talking to Rat, he just wants to be rid of the freakin creepy box and get back to the job.[/sblock]

DrZombie

First Post
Brutis grunts and nudges at McClane and Rat as they exit the building. McClane is happy to get his shotgun back. They start walking to the exit of the alley when the man in the flightsuit cocks his head as if listening to an internal voice then focussing his attention to the exit of the alley. His gaze glides over the group, then suddenly fixes on Zhent, recognition showing in his gaze.

jkason

First Post
Harrigan Zhent, Imperial Psyker

Oh, look, he heard us talking about him
That means we can kill him, yes?
Oh, yes, I'm hungry, and fresh entrails sound ever so yummy

Zhent swears under his breath and pulls his hood up against a feigned chill wind.

"If he wasn't following us before, I think he is now," Zhent whispers to Kestrel. "He's locked on me now. From the way he looked ... I think he may know about my unique talents, and may have some of his own."

Deciding that whether the hunch is wrong or right, he reveals nothing the man didn't already know, Zhent unfocuses from the solid world to turn his attention to the waves of the warp. His rising nerves get the better of him, however, and he can read nothing in the otherworldly energies that spin before him.

OOC: Roll Fail. fooey.

Corrossyph

First Post
Keeping a safe distance, Kinkade is quite satisfied nobody seemed to pick up the fact that she was following the group. She still had the skills, even though the act of shadowing felt a little rusty. She wasn't thrilled by her secresy towards their party but a little extra safety never hurt anyone.

Looking at the group of four, she smiles as she notices the effect Trix has on people who haver never met her before. "It takes a while to adjust", she thinks, "but they"ll manage just fine".

Hearing Brutis grunts, she slowly turns her head to see McClane and Rat walking out of the building towards them. It seems to her that McClane kinda looks relieved as she wonders what could have happened inside.

[sblock=OOC] awareness roll: marginal fail [/sblock]

Looking around, nothing seems out of order. There are some people around but apparantly no immediate threats.

[sblock=OOC] forgot to add ag bonus, so total initiative is 9 instead of 6 [/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Kestrel stiffens as she realizes something is wrong, and her hand digs for the concealed holster of her lasgun, tucked unobtrusively under and behind her left arm.

Remove ads