For the emperor ! (IC thread - always recruiting )

DrZombie

First Post
The guy in the flightsuit is reaching into his jacket and..

[sblock=ooc]
Round one initiative order:
McClane and Rat
Zhent
Kestrell
Trixie and Brutis
Kincaid
Man in flight suit.

Since you all go first I don't really mind the order so just post ahead
[/sblock]

Attachments

• streetcorner.jpg
    streetcorner.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 78

jkason

First Post
Harrigan Zhent, Imperial Psyker

Zhent was tired. This was meant to have been a simple message run. But first there was the bloodbath. Then that ... thing ... invading him. And now that they'd finally rid themselves of the cursed thing, this new whoever-he-was, locked on and ready for more trouble. Then there was the street rabble milling about, smelling of taint and corruption and not one of them feeling how their own nasty souls fed the hungry mouths of the warp.

The greasy souls, yes, they are lovely

But, God-Emporer save him, he was most tired of holding that hungry warp at bay.

So very, very hungry

Guns or bombs, everyone here would see. But if he was careful. If he just let go a little, he could give them all a head start without any of these filthy meatsacks knowing what had happened.

Quieter than mice or lice or plague, yes, if you only let us...

Fine Zhent thinks, his cold gaze falling on the man who had the misfortune of paying him attention. Him. Show him what you are.

He feels the power surge forth through him, revels in it, in fact, as his mind reaches out to snag the other's nerves and pull them like nothing more than puppet strings. The young psyker feels the surge of power and twists...

[sblock=ooc]Trying this psychic stuff again. Hopefully I've got it right. Hoping Spasm might provide enough delay / distraction that the party can either make a break for it or ready themselves.

Psy Rating 2 = 2d10
Will bonus = +5
Power Threshold = 7

ETA: Saved by fate...[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
rtemember you can always use a fate point for a reroll.

Ooh! Thanks. I forgot about fate points. Okay, so the 9 became an 8, so the threshold roll is now a 14. That's 5 over, so the overbleed increases his Will test difficulty to resist. Edited the previous post to expunge the sudden demon masking.[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC: Huh.. I thought we were all together, since we were talking. Do we have comms or are you just retconning the conversation? Not sure what I can do, my high initiative and lack of ability to see what's going on means that my action will come before I know there's anything to react to, so I essentially loose my first round.

muggie2

First Post
OOC: Huh.. I thought we were all together, since we were talking. Do we have comms or are you just retconning the conversation? Not sure what I can do, my high initiative and lack of ability to see what's going on means that my action will come before I know there's anything to react to, so I essentially loose my first round.

OOC: Can't you make your action a "hold until" type action, where you know that something is going to happen and you try to preempt it? Not sure how the rules work on that. If so, I guess you'd say what you're looking at/for, and wait for an opportunity to get the jump on the bad guy. :)

DrZombie

First Post
OOC: Can't you make your action a "hold until" type action, where you know that something is going to happen and you try to preempt it? Not sure how the rules work on that. If so, I guess you'd say what you're looking at/for, and wait for an opportunity to get the jump on the bad guy. :)

OOC: yeah, you can hold your action until something happens

Corrossyph

First Post
Sensing the change that just occurred in the group she has been observing, Kincaid looks at the person she thinks Zhent is gazing straight at. 'What the hell did he do to deserve such a look? Wait, have i seen that guy before?' she thinks as that person is reaching in his pocket.

[sblock=ooc] again, fail, no recollection of seeing him in the bar [/sblock]

'Nope, guess i haven't, but i still don't like his attitude' she thinks quickly. 'Probably some low-life scumbag who is getting into something over his head. I'm not going to let him make that mistake.'

She quietly moves in, carefully readying her shotgun conceiled beneath her trenchcoat, preparing to pull it out at the first sign of trouble, planning to place the barrel just at the backside of his head and shouting 'Freeze!' if he just makes one wrong move.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC: Any time I've tried that before I've been been called for metagaming b/c my character doesn't know there's anything to delay for, but if you got no problem with it then McClane holds his action until he knows there's something up.

muggie2

First Post
OOC: Any time I've tried that before I've been been called for metagaming b/c my character doesn't know there's anything to delay for, but if you got no problem with it then McClane holds his action until he knows there's something up.

OOC:
I figure that once the GM calls for you to make a roll for initiative, you _know_ that something is up, and metagaming is no longer an issue. Something has obviously put you on edge, you're looking for what it is, and that gives you an edge on the slower-reacting opponent. They are reacting to _your_ reaction - their cover is blown, in their eyes, so they are trying to get an action in before it's too late. That means you have a chance to get the drop on them. Of course, this is merely my opinion... :cool:

Remove ads