• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

For the Greater Good

doghead

thotd
"Aeric, could you keep an eye out for us?"

The hawk dips its head and Sylinda launches it into the air with a sweep of her arm. "Be careful," she whispers softly as aseric takes to the air.

"Sebastian," Sylinda says, turning to the great armour clad paladin and touching him lightly on the arm. "I ever so glad that we didn't lose you. But I disagree, now is the time to consider any changes to it, as discussion may not be possible later.

"The plan, as I understand it is this. Those that can pass themselves off as ... opportunists who captured the rest after they defeated the guardians of the wagon. The opportunists then rollup to the manor and offer to return the wagon and hand over the prisoners in return for a reward.

"Perhaps the outlying guards will let you pass with your prisoners. But what about when you get to the manor itself? If they insist you turn over the prisoners will everyone throw off their disguises and just battle their way through to the Baroness? Or will the prisoners be handed over to the tender mercies of the Baroness. If something goes wrong, where do we meet up again if separated?

"Perhaps this is the best plan. It just seems to be wanting a little flesh at the moment. Surely a little time taken to consider possible difficulties and ways around them would not hurt."

Sylinda steps back lightly to await Sebastian's, or anyone else's, response.

Halivar

First Post
Sylinda said:
"If they insist you turn over the prisoners will everyone throw off their disguises and just battle their way through to the Baroness?"
"That, Sylinda," says Sebastian, "is exactly what I had in mind."

Lyssia

Lyssia, in the form of a human 'bounty' hunter that she used in past misdeeds, looks to her. "I have no such spells to communicate with.. and I doubt that such things wouldn't fail to draw the notice of a mage who is consorting with the infernal" she says calmly as she leans on a near by tree. "but I wonder why you are so tense my friend.. you have concerns or fears you feel you need to address?" she asks with a touch of concern.

Jaik

First Post
Darren listens to the proposed plan, having the undisguisable use stealth to infiltrate the grounds, then eyes the massively-armored paladin. The lithe rogue shakes his head sadly. If ever there were someone NOT designed for stealth, it is that one.

doghead

thotd
Sylinda Heartmantle

Halivar said:
"That, Sylinda," says Sebastian, "is exactly what I had in mind."

"That's what I suspected you had in mind," Sylinda responds with a nod.

KaintheSeeker said:
"I have no such spells to communicate with.. and I doubt that such things wouldn't fail to draw the notice of a mage who is consorting with the infernal" she says calmly as she leans on a near by tree. "but I wonder why you are so tense my friend.. you have concerns or fears you feel you need to address?" she asks with a touch of concern.

"I have a few spells that could be of use. Small animals can be messengers, and scry, of course. Although, as you say, there is the possibility of them being detected. I know only a little of the craft of spells, its not an area I have studied greatly. So I'm not sure how dangerous it would be to do so.

"At least let us agree to a place to meet, should things go wrong or we get separated."

*Sylinda lifts her arm and waves it in a circle once above her head, then holds it out for Aeric to land upon. If a meeting place is agreed upon, she checks that the hawk understands, then with a last goodbye and farewell, returns him to the air.*

"So, do you wish to tie me up Sebastian?"

ooc: Spellcraft +8. Scry +11. How easy would it be for the Baroness or whoever to detect spells like animal messenger or Scry (if directed towards another person)?

Lichtenhart

First Post
"You mean a place within or outside the city? If outside, I'd suggest the galde of the small god we met, otherwise I think you'd better explore the city flying. Deciding before we actually weigh the situation wouldn't be wise."

Halivar

First Post
"Flying is a dangerous proposition. Too easy to be spotted. No, I fear our only reconaissance shall be on the ground, as we venture into the fray," says Sebastian.

Lichtenhart

First Post
"But I meant for Aeric, maybe with Sylinda's help to explore. People rarely enjoy and contemplate the serenity of the sky. They think they have pressing matters on the ground, and stop lifting their gaze. Do you really think it'd be such a danger for them?"

doghead

thotd
"Guess not them," Sylinda says quietly under her breath as she drops her hands.

"I can not wild shape again today. I could take the form of another bird, but it would be a bit more conspicuious than that of a hawk."

*She lifts her arm again and signals for Aeric. Once again, the hawk wheels around begins to return, but this time from the other side.

As Sylinda waits, she gazes down the road in the direction of the guard house, her head cocked slightly to one side and a frown of concentration on her face, as if trying to recall something.

"I don't like the idea of going in without any real idea of what lies ahead. But Sebastian is right in one thing, we can't tarry here. It would not do to be seen sitting around chatting. Somewhat unconvincing I would suspect," she adds with a smile. "Perhaps there is somewhere ahead where Aeric can meet us before we arrive at the manor."

ooc: How far are we from the manor house? Could Sylinda and Aeric see it from the air? What lies between us and it, or at least what lies beyond the guard house for as far as we could see? Is there somewhere Aeric could meet us?

BTW, what time of day is it? :)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*You are guessing you're about 15 miles from the manor house, at the edge of the Baroness' domain. If Sylinda and Aeric were to go up, they could probably see it. The road and a great deal of farmland lies between you and the manor, along with a small town that caters to the farmer's needs. There's enough woods, small copses, and other places where Aeric could meet you to do so if you wish. And it's early afternoon.*

Remove ads