For the Greater Good

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Proceeding onward, most of the party loosely tied as prisoners, a collared and pinoned Aerofax (also loosely tied) following behind, Darren, Sebastian, and Lyssia take the party into the domain of Baroness Wendare. The place seems mostly normal; strange that a place filled with so much evil could look so plain. The horses pull their burden up to the guardhouse, where the border guards signal for them to halt.*

"State your names and business on the baroness' lands," one of them demands. His uniform is one of red and black, with a device of a sword plunged into a skull on his sleeve. The device can mean victory over enemies unto death... or something more sinister.

Jarval

Explorer
*Nessa's curled up in the cart, looking despondent. She's hiding a small ball of bat guano and sulfur in one hand, just in case things should go awry...*

"Why to be selling my goods, what do you think you daft man?" Lyssia says with a slow tired voice that infers she is talking to one who is mentally deficent. "Now fetch someone with a wit of sense and some rank with whom I can speak business on. Tell them the Nightswallow is here to see about disposing of some slaves." (Nightswallow sounds like it would be a good name for her old self. :-D)

Jaik

First Post
Darren does his best to look mean and bored. (While readying a quick draw and sneak attack if the guards seem to catch on.)

doghead

thotd
Sylinda can't help but think that 'Nightswallow' does have a most delightful turn of phrase. She buries the smile deep inside and hawks up a gob and spits in 'Nightswallow's' direction. She has noticed a certain class of men in town doing it when displeased by something. A throughly revolting gesture. She does her best to imitate the disgusting snorting sound that preceeds it.

A though occurs to Sylinda.

Probably going to get a beating now for that little display of theatrics.

She steels herself to play her part if it comes.

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Nightswallow said:
"Why to be selling my goods, what do you think you daft man?" Lyssia says with a slow tired voice that infers she is talking to one who is mentally deficent. "Now fetch someone with a wit of sense and some rank with whom I can speak business on. Tell them the Nightswallow is here to see about disposing of some slaves."
*The guard grumbles and goes to fetch his captain. The captain is tall and thin with a face like a clever fox.*

"Nightswallow?" he comments as he circles the wagon to examine the merchandise. Sylinda's spitting brings and immediate, and entirely unemotional, flurry of blows from the club at his side. They rain down hard on her side, bruising and painful, but not anything permanent. The man knows better than to damage the merchandise. "You've brought a small treasure trove here. How did you manage to capture these exalted beauties? The Baroness will want to know, and I must send her word before I let you go any further."
*The spitting brings an immidiate reation from

Isida Kep'Tukari said:
*The guard grumbles and goes to fetch his captain. The captain is tall and thin with a face like a clever fox.*

"Nightswallow?" he comments as he circles the wagon to examine the merchandise. Sylinda's spitting brings and immediate, and entirely unemotional, flurry of blows from the club at his side. They rain down hard on her side, bruising and painful, but not anything permanent. The man knows better than to damage the merchandise. "You've brought a small treasure trove here. How did you manage to capture these exalted beauties? The Baroness will want to know, and I must send her word before I let you go any further."
*The spitting brings an immidiate reation from
Nightswallow nods to the captain. "I've my ways." pats her bow and blade. "A well placed shot will put down the mightiest. And I'm not without my own skills and talents." she adds with a sly smirk, "hidden gifts I find puts others at ease from time to time."

Last edited:

Remove ads