D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

GrayGeist

First Post
Tested out Transfer from 2.20 to 2.27, worked perfectly

Just wanted to stop in and say thank you. I'm thoroughly impressed every time I use this sheet for my players and I'm happy to see that the transferring works so well.

On the topic of transferring, I know September was the last update. Is there any ETA on the next update? I have read many comments and I am fully aware of the be patient motto, which I am, and how much work it takes to upgrade this behemoth of an amazing tool - but I figured I'd ask. If the date is many months from now, so be it, I'm good with the tool you've produced now but I'd like to plan for the update if I can. :cool:

Thanks again for all your hard work, you've effected the DND community in a deeply positive way by streamlining the most used tool (behind actual books) for the game.

Conandar

Explorer
Honestly, I don't think anybody knows when the next update to this program will be. ForgedAnvil, I assume, would be the most likely to know, and he has not given any sort of timeline. I also assume that he (another baseless assumption...) is busy with life's important things and this hobby is having to take a rear seat for now.

For the record, I am just a user of this program like the rest of you. I try to answer what I can, based on previous answers given by others, but I have no official standing otherwise. I chime in a lot because I have the time available to do so, nothing more. I try to make sure that my comments are accurate, but I have made mistakes in the past and will certainly make more in the future.

GrayGeist

First Post
That's cool Conandar, appreciate the speculation and help either way.

I assume he's busy also, but in a hopeful way, I also assume he enjoys this pet project and will continue to support it and make it greater and greater. But as I said, no rush.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Honestly, I don't think anybody knows when the next update to this program will be. ForgedAnvil, I assume, would be the most likely to know, and he has not given any sort of timeline. I also assume that he (another baseless assumption...) is busy with life's important things and this hobby is having to take a rear seat for now.

For the record, I am just a user of this program like the rest of you. I try to answer what I can, based on previous answers given by others, but I have no official standing otherwise. I chime in a lot because I have the time available to do so, nothing more. I try to make sure that my comments are accurate, but I have made mistakes in the past and will certainly make more in the future.

A minor update for everyone. The tool is still being worked on, I've been very busy with work schedule, business travel and end of year. Currently adding subclasses and there are many with a lot of new abilities that need additional design element to be implemented. It's a slow process and there are a lot subclasses that have been added, so there are many checks to see if the implementation is working as intended. Some spells have been added but still a lot of work to do there.

As for a release date, the "full" updated version I cant give any exact dates. What is possible is to release minor "preview" versions for people to test, for example if the cleric and fighter subclasses implemented this can be released for people to give feedback and fixing bugs - then next could be rogue and wizard, etc. Thoughts? These release previews would be considered "beta" and wouldn't intend to transfer and work 100%, they would be purely used to play around with whilst the final version is being worked on.

Brett Martin

First Post
I'd love to help you out with testing mate. Running two characters atm, a Swashbuckler and a Bladesinger, but I love building new characters. Let me know any way I can help.

Both are running on 2.20 atm.

Last edited:

P0IS0N

First Post
A minor update for everyone. The tool is still being worked on, I've been very busy with work schedule, business travel and end of year. Currently adding subclasses and there are many with a lot of new abilities that need additional design element to be implemented. It's a slow process and there are a lot subclasses that have been added, so there are many checks to see if the implementation is working as intended. Some spells have been added but still a lot of work to do there.

As for a release date, the "full" updated version I cant give any exact dates. What is possible is to release minor "preview" versions for people to test, for example if the cleric and fighter subclasses implemented this can be released for people to give feedback and fixing bugs - then next could be rogue and wizard, etc. Thoughts? These release previews would be considered "beta" and wouldn't intend to transfer and work 100%, they would be purely used to play around with whilst the final version is being worked on.

Definitely up for testing.

Dannyboy7702

First Post

Forged,

If you want to release "preview" beta versions I am all for it. This can help you by bringing in additional eyes to look for bugs and other issues. Also it can give the community members a look at what is to come.

rnoxof

First Post

Preview versions sounds like a great idea.

Remove ads