FR 3.5 Silverymoon - OOC

Breezly

First Post
Manzanita said:
It looks like there's at least two of us who don't know much about Silverymoon. Can you give us a paragraph or two about it that would help us explain why we might be there? I'll post my PC concept here soon, & email you the details. Is that a correct interpretation of what you want us to do?

Thanks.

What I would like is to post your general idea here so that others get a sense of the characters that have been submitted.

As for Silverymoon, consider it the gem in an otherwise wild land. All races and classes can be found here. It is the center of the Silver Marches, which is surrounded by the worst sorts of monsters. It is a merchant hub, military focal point and intellectual center.

Once you have received rolls or created point-buy characters, send them to me in an email. Once I decide on who is in, then, we will set up the Rogues gallery.

Breezly

Breezly

First Post
Manzanita said:
Actually, since there's a rogue's gallary, I'll assume you'll want the PCs posted. Here's my first draft of mine. I have him one masterwork weapon. This seems to fit his background, and perhaps somewhat balance his low ability scores. Let me know what you think.

Dain Ironhelm aka Dain Bramage
Male Dwarf Ranger 1

I like him. I think he will fit pefectly in the Silver Marches. There, dwarves abound. And, I like his back story...there is plenty I could do with it [insert evil dm laugh here].

As for your stats...well, in the spirit of Christmas I offer you this present. And I offer this to everyone as well...

I can re-roll one number for you, a straight 4d6, drop the lowest swap...Or, behind door number 2...I can re-roll two numbers for you but each of these is 3d6.

If any wish to accept this gracious DM present, let me know and I shall see what the winds of fate fortell for you.

Breezly

Last edited:

Zerth

First Post
I'd be interested in playing in this game. I like fast-paced games and can usually post about 5 times a week. Like some others, I have no prior knowledge about FR setting, but I've played D&D for years and have been in several games here at EN world boards. Currently I'm playing in only one game, LazarusLong42's Not with a Bang campaign.

I'd like to make a monk character. Right now I'm thinking about a half-elf monk, who's more of a diplomat than a warrior. A counselor or an advisor working for some organisation in Silverymoon or for somebody, who might have interests there. But like I said, I'm not familiar with FR so I'm going to need a little help, but I can work out some general concepts in the next couple of days.

The character would be a son of some noblewoman, the father is an elf adventurer who is unknown to the child. The mother sent his bastard son to a monastery to get some training (and to get him out of sight) and has not totally abandoned him although he is not exactly a boon to the family. Currently he is sent on a mission to Silverymoon so he is "conveniently" far from his family. His stepfather loathes the half-elf bastard and arranged the whole thing.

Go ahead and roll the stats for me, Breezly. If the chistmas offer is still available, I'll take it. One extra 4d6, please ;)

ControlFreak

First Post
Breezly said:
As for your stats...well, in the spirit of Christmas I offer you this present. And I offer this to everyone as well...
I will keep the stats that you rolled for me already. Thank you for the offer though :)

Manzanita

First Post
I'll be interested in the christmas present. Let me ask, I assume we must take the reroll whatever it is, even if lower than the original? If so, I would like to take one 4d6 reroll. If we only take the reroll if it is higher, I'll take the 2 3d6 rerolls. Either way, thank you & merry Christmas!

Do you have any advice for where Dain might be from? What do you call the standard dwarves in FR? Hill dwarves? That's what he is.

He's generally pretty serious, and I'll play him that way, but I think some people will get a kick out of his Dain Bramage name (David Letterman's version of "Brain Damage"), and he'll use it sometimes.

Last edited:

Breezly

First Post
Manzanita said:
I'll be interested in the christmas present. Let me ask, I assume we must take the reroll whatever it is, even if lower than the original? If so, I would like to take one 4d6 reroll. If we only take the reroll if it is higher, I'll take the 2 3d6 rerolls. Either way, thank you & merry Christmas!

Do you have any advice for where Dain might be from? What do you call the standard dwarves in FR? Hill dwarves? That's what he is.

They way your gift works is this. You tell me what number you would ke re-rolled and I shall re-roll it. You get the result of the re-roll, not the higher of the two. The same works for the 3d6 rolls.

As for where you are from, there is quite a bit of history for dwarves in the Silver Marches. If you read RA Salatore's books, Bruenor Battlehammer and Mithral Hall is nearby, among many others. I will give you a better idea once I have had a chance to see how the party shapes up.

Breezly

Last edited:

Breezly

First Post
Zerth said:
I'd like to make a monk character. Right now I'm thinking about a half-elf monk, who's more of a diplomat than a warrior. A counselor or an advisor working for some organisation in Silverymoon or for somebody, who might have interests there. But like I said, I'm not familiar with FR so I'm going to need a little help, but I can work out some general concepts in the next couple of days...

Go ahead and roll the stats for me, Breezly. If the chistmas offer is still available, I'll take it. One extra 4d6, please ;)

Seems like a decent idea for a character. There are a number of monk orders in Silverymoon that will work well. Let me give it some thought and let you know. As for your rolls, may the spirit of Christmas guide my dice...

13, 12, 14, 11, 16, 14.

Not bad across the board. As to the extra re-roll offer, you must tell me if you want the 11 re-rolled. You get the new number, not the higher of the two. My dice are hot...what say you?

Breezly

Remove ads