• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[FR] Silver Marches IC

Serpenteye

First Post
Korosh unties the ropes binding the Kobold while standing in front of it and blocking its only way to freedom. He raises his gloved hand to whipe away one of the kobold's tears off its scaly sheek. "I have decided to spare you. I believe you told me the truth and will not dirty my blade with your blood. You will live, but I give you a choice of how you will live.
I can release you, give you complete and utter freedom such as you have never before experienced. You will have the freedom of solitude, you will be alone and helpless but noone will tell you what to do. That would be a sentence of death. If you are not simply killed at sight by the first random hunanoid or beast that wanders by you will die a long slow death of cold and starvation. That is one option.
Or you can choose to stay with me, be my servant and ally. I will treat you better than your dead chief, I will feed you, keep you warm and in greater safety that you would have alone. You will obey me and I will be a good master, disobey and you will be punished. That life will be longer and more comfortable, but you will not be free. This is your other option."

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Argent Silvermage said:
"Greetings Mr. Mistmorn and greetings to you most noble sky spirit. What takes you both to Sundabar?"

"I had been tracking a group of bugbears which were responsible for deaths of my friends," Faedalar says, his head bowed in a symbol of remembrance. "I followed them to around Silverymoon and then was told they could be in these mountains. So I hooked up with this caravan." Nightwind is flapping around in the cart, evidently going through some series of motions Faedalar is teaching him. "Nightwind here lured me away from the clearing when the monsters attacked. I believe this is the spirit of Rillifane himself, protecting me."

Serpenteye

First Post
Thanee said:
The kobold looks at Korosh with big eyes, obviously considering his options, as the human has stated them...

"Well," Korosh taps his fingers on one of the barrels impatiently, "what's your desicion?"

Thanee

First Post
The kobold finally answers after a while (still talking draconic): “Yes, master, me stay with you.”

The caravan is ready to depart in the meantime and the journey is continued...

Serpenteye

First Post
Thanee said:
The kobold finally answers after a while (still talking draconic): “Yes, master, me stay with you.”

"Excellent. You may start your service by gathering some rations for yourself." He hands the Kobold back its weapon and gestures towards the fallen weasel, and with a shrugging motion towards one of the Kobold's former companions.
Turning to his own companions he speaks in common. "The Kobold has surrendered to me and willingly entered my service. I will give him a chance to redeem himself." And I will get myself a little pet, he thinks to himself sarcastically. It will likely be more of a liability than an asset, but having that pathetic creature around might take my mind off more depressing matters. Hah! What a sight we'd make; A dark-robed faceless man with a kobold servant. Someone so ludicris couldn't possibly be percieved as a threat. But then I probably overestimate people's appreciation of the absurd.

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
The kobold does as Korosh told him and cuts some meat out of the weasel and prepares the food for himself.

After hearing Korosh's words, Zacharias says: “I hope you know what you are doing. These creatures are not exactly known for their social behaviour. But ok, I'll tolerate him here as long as you keep an eye on him and make sure, that he means no harm for any of us. At least he seems frightened enough so we shouldn't expect any hostilities.”

The caravan finally continues its journey towards Sundabar and the remaining day passes without any further incident. Occasional snowfall makes the progress slow, but at least the mist had vanished after a few hours. In the evening, the wagon and carts are positioned to provide cover from the cold winds and the camp is prepared.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
"If it harms none. I would like to take first watch with another person. I have duties in the morning and will be distracted if I'm on watch as well." Joy says while helping set up camp.

Thanee

First Post
“You can help with the first watch,” Thorgar, the dwarven guard, says to the half-elf.

After guard duties are distributed and supper is done, everyone goes to sleep and the camp is covered in darkness and silence. Only the small campfire provides some light and warmth.

The night goes by and besides the occasional howl in the distance, nothing noteworthy happened. With the sunrise the camp becomes busy again and everything is packed on the carts to get on the road again.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads