D&D 5E Free 'Descent into the Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth' Adventure on D&D Beyond

Abridged version of the full adventure, which appears in Quests from the Infinite Staircase.

638442415700463413.jpeg

Descent into the Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth is an abridged version of the full adventure, which appears in Quests from the Infinite Staircase. You can access it for free on D&D Beyond.

Deep in the Yatil Mountains lie the Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth, formerly occupied by the legendary archmage Iggwilv the Witch Queen. Though Iggwilv is long gone, her lair is anything but empty. Demons, giants, and other formidable creatures haunt the perilous caverns, and the archmage’s magical defenses remain intact. The rewards for braving these threats defy imagination. Iggwilv is rumored to have amassed a magical hoard of unsurpassed value, a trove of such fame that scores of adventurers have perished in search of it.

This supplement is part of a yearlong celebration of Dungeons & Dragons and its 50th anniversary. The adventure presented herein is an abridged, quick-play version of “The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth,” which appears in Quests from the Infinite Staircase. See that book for the full adventure.

“Descent into the Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth” is designed for four to six 9th-level characters.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Im looking at the D&D beyond page now. The page has links to download the tournament scoring sheet and the pre made characters. I don't see any link for a PDF of the adventure (er, half adventure).

I assumed there would be one because the page says you can play it in local game stores. Where is the link?
Beyond doesn't do PDFs: you would use the Beyond App or web page in the store to run it.

Vexorg

Explorer
4 hours to explore 20 rooms. That’s 12 minutes per room. And a lot of fights. Is it really doable?
Plus a high number of monsters for a single session
9 groups of monsters that attack on sight, plus 3 more that attack if disturbed. Plus 3 potentially friendly roleplay encounters.

Im looking at the D&D beyond page now. The page has links to download the tournament scoring sheet and the pre made characters. I don't see any link for a PDF of the adventure (er, half adventure).

I assumed there would be one because the page says you can play it in local game stores. Where is the link?
To be exact you can download it on the App. The Desktop version remains a webpage like all Beyond stuff.

There's a bit of an error on that cave cricket- I guess we know where the text came from :LOL: View attachment 354326
It probably shouldn't be able to swim either, crickets don't do well in water...

If we are being picky, give it blindsight 60 ft. (blind beyond this radius), and it seems to have lost it's jump trait, which was probably the reason they gave it the frog statblock in the first place! I would let it jump as a bonus action, avoiding attacks of opportunity. I'm not sure about spider climb, I've never seen a cricket hanging upside down.

Maybe make it's attack an acid spit?

Remove ads

Remove ads