D&D 5E Free 'Descent into the Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth' Adventure on D&D Beyond

Abridged version of the full adventure, which appears in Quests from the Infinite Staircase.

638442415700463413.jpeg

Descent into the Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth is an abridged version of the full adventure, which appears in Quests from the Infinite Staircase. You can access it for free on D&D Beyond.

Deep in the Yatil Mountains lie the Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth, formerly occupied by the legendary archmage Iggwilv the Witch Queen. Though Iggwilv is long gone, her lair is anything but empty. Demons, giants, and other formidable creatures haunt the perilous caverns, and the archmage’s magical defenses remain intact. The rewards for braving these threats defy imagination. Iggwilv is rumored to have amassed a magical hoard of unsurpassed value, a trove of such fame that scores of adventurers have perished in search of it.

This supplement is part of a yearlong celebration of Dungeons & Dragons and its 50th anniversary. The adventure presented herein is an abridged, quick-play version of “The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth,” which appears in Quests from the Infinite Staircase. See that book for the full adventure.

“Descent into the Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth” is designed for four to six 9th-level characters.

darjr

I crit!
Nope. They send us an e-mail with some vague instructions, but we usually just pretty much have to wing it. Or at least, if there's more information to be had - I don't know where to find it. I'll let you know if I discover anything.
There is a D&D section of the WPN site at wizards. I think I’ve seen most things posted there. It is a little buried.

Hopefully I actually proofread this correctly.

First, I added jumpy and deleted swim. Duh. Then I added cowardly and bad luck and sword tail. I read a bit about cave crickets, and the females have sword tails, and in some mythology it is bad luck to kill crickets. For the most part, crickets don't like conflict.

I deleted smelly, which I had only added to punish (old school style) PCs that killed innocent creatures. Bad luck takes care of that.

anyway, the cave cricket (fixed), for your possible enjoyment (or not):

Lots of flavour! (especially deep fried)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
There is a D&D section of the WPN site at wizards. I think I’ve seen most things posted there. It is a little buried.

Thanks, but I've read that. It doesn't give much more information than what we already know. It's pretty much "tell your DMs to claim the Adventure. You can run it Tournament Style (with the rewards) or Normal Style (without). You can let them make characters or provide pregens."

That's about it. Otherwise, as usual, WPN is ALL ABOUT "Schedule your events... TODAY!"

Omand

Hero
Since we seem to have someone from DDB following this thread, I should call out that the DM version of the map is mis-keyed. There are two L19 locations and no L18 location on the map.

If you read the adventure it is easy to figure out which of the L19 locations should actually be L18, but really this should not have to be figured out.

Cheers :)

Omand

Hero
@GPyromania

Oh, and another critique/edit. The text calls out a total of 6 carved stone faces in location L1, which makes sense since there are 6 tunnels moving away from the area. But the map has text written on it stating "Stone Faces" with arrows to only three locations.

I would think if you are going to call out the stone faces, you would point out all of the locations on the map.

I understand that the map might become too busy if there were six arrows pointing all around the room. Perhaps a coloured dot or other sign should be used?

That said, this is likely a port over from the print edition, so likely the same issue there.

[Edited for spelling and grammar]

Omand

Hero
And finally, despite calling out some issues in the last few posts, it was a great nostalgia trip to read this adaptation.

This was one of the modules I used to own back in the day when I was young. Played it at least twice that I can recall (or rather, I DM'd it). I no longer have the original so I cannot do a comparison, but there were obviously some new things put in, as well as areas that were pretty much ported over with very little change.

Loved to the see the Chuuls included, as I think they only debuted in 3E. Not sure if they replaced anything from the original.

darjr

I crit!
Thanks, but I've read that. It doesn't give much more information than what we already know. It's pretty much "tell your DMs to claim the Adventure. You can run it Tournament Style (with the rewards) or Normal Style (without). You can let them make characters or provide pregens."

That's about it. Otherwise, as usual, WPN is ALL ABOUT "Schedule your events... TODAY!"
Yea. The “learn to play” event was better with videos and actual downloads and such.

Distracted DM

Distracted DM
Supporter
I see no way to delete homebrew once it is shared? If there is, let me know....
Nope, once you've put it up there it belongs to WotC; deleting would mean deleting it for folks that're using it.
Yes, it was kind of a pain in the arse when I would go to revise stuff on there.

Remove ads

Remove ads