Freelancer: The High Seas OOC

Timothy

First Post
Time to up the percentage of halflings I play on the boards!

A good, sensible halfling, with a greed that is unparralelled and a lust for adventure.

I'll have a character by wednesday, and If I don't I'll drop out.

themaxx

First Post
Adamantine and Mithril

Do these special materials (as well as darkwood) count for the x2 cost of magic items? I am thinking about how to invest my money. Also, I have the Quintessential Rogue, and it has some interesting stuff in it. I am thinking about one thing in particular, a set of hasted, masterwork thieves tools. Would stuff like this be allowed?

themaxx

First Post
Sea Elf?

Where is the sea elf coming from? I'm curious, because it might fit my character, but I didn't know of it. Gotta go read more I guess. :)

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Monster manual, under elf, pg 84. They're usually impraticle because they can't survive out of water for more than [Con Score] hours.

Edit: But hopefully Faraear won't have that problem! Here he is, in all his aqueous glory.

Faraear: Male Sea Elf Ftr5; Medium Humanoid; HD 5d10+15; hp 47; Init +4; Spd 30, Swim 40; AC 19 (+4 Dex, +5 Chain shirt +1) ; Atk +10 Melee (1d8+7, +1 Trident), or +10 ranged touch (Masterwork Net) SQ Sea Elf Traits; AL CN; SV Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +2; Str 18, Dex 18, Con 16, Int 6, Wis 11, Cha 8.

Skills and Feats: Climb +11, Spot +2; Ambidexterity, Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Net, Focus: Trident, Specialization: Trident, Point Blank Shot
Possessions: +1 Trident, +1 Chain shirt, Quaal’s token (Anchor x3), Potions of Cure Moderate Wounds (x2), 5 Javelins, 20 gp gem, 2 gp, Masterwork Net

Sea elf traits: As per elf, plus:

Swim 40 feet
Low-light vision 4 times as far as human
Breathe underwater, survive as long as 1 hour per point of consitution above water.

Last edited:

Corlon

First Post
generally, I don't like having lots of water breathing people, because that kinda ruins the fun of making people walk the plank and stuff, it also makes losing a boat not as big of a deal, so I'll allow Thomas to be the water breathing creature, and the only water breathing creature.

You can of course find spells to morph you such as "transmute to aquatic animal" or something like that. It's in seafarers.

Some feats people might want are.
Child of the sea: (seafarers)
Prereques: made at character creation
benefit: The character can hold his breath (below water) for one hour per 5 points of constitution.

Improved Swimming: (Masters of the Wild)
Prereques: Swim 6 ranks
Benefit: with a successful swim check, the character can swim 1/2 his land speed as a move action, or 3/4 as a full round action.
Special: Normal characters can only got 1/4 as a move equivalent, and 1/2 as a full round action.

Endurance Swimmer: (seafarers)
Prereques: Str 13+, Endurace
Benefit: You suffer a -1 penalty on Swim check for every 20lb of armor and equipment you carry, up to your maximum load.
Special: Normal characters suffer -1 per 5lbs.

Great Lungs (seafarers)
Prereques: Con 13+, Endurance
Benefit: you can hold you breath for a number of rounds equal to four times you CON score, as opposed to twice as many.

Lookout (seafarers)
Benefit: For every five feet of elevation above the terrain you are observing, you triple the distance you can see without penalty to you spot checks. For example, if you were standing in a 10ft. tall cro's nest, you could see up to 60ft. without penalty, or up to 120ft. at a -1, or a 240ft. at -2, etc.

Storm Sense: (seafarers)
benefit: By taking just a few moment to study your surroundins, you can tell if a storm of any sort will affect your current location with in the next three hours. For the purposes of this feat, "storm" includes rain showers, thunderstorms, hurricanes, and any other weather phenomena that are accompanied by high winds or precipitation. Storm sense can also predict the arrival of magical effects and creatures that mimic storms if those effects are already active at the time the character studies his surroundings.

Swing-by attack
lets you attack in the middle of a rope swing (if you want more info on this just ask.)

weapons of opportunity (seafarers)
Prereques: BAB bonus +4 or higher
benefit: you can use mundane object for weapons.
SIZE............DAMAGE.........CRITICAL.........RANGE INCREMENT
Tiny................1d3.................X2........................10ft.
Small..............1d4.................X2........................10ft.
Medium-Size...1d6.................X2........................10ft.
Large..............1d8.................X2.........................10ft.

As for special materials, their costs aren't doubled.

themaxx

First Post
email

Did you get my emails to you Corlon? Once you confirm, I will post a final character to the Rogues Gallery. I'm very excited. When do you think we will start? Do you have a schedule that you follow or want us to follow?

Also, I'm thinking of possibly switching out a skill, but I'll get back to you on that later tonight, pending my character finalization.

Corlon

First Post
Emails away, any more questions?

We've got our 6 players:
themaxx
Thomas Hobbes
Jalon Odessa
Timothy
Wilphe
and Gwolf

I should be able to get it started once all the characters are posted, my deadline for the pnp starting is saturday, so it'll start then at the latest...if all the characters are posted of course.

themaxx

First Post
Withdrawal

I'm going to have to bow out of this game, sorry. Looks like you've got a good group, and I wish you all well.

Remove ads