• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Full] Dry Spell (adventure)

Krug

Newshound
Urgh
OK Can I increase my Cha and reduce my strength then? Sorry about the messup.
Str 9
Cha 10

So I should do -1 damage with the dagger...

Extra 1st level spell: Color Spray
Extra 2nd level spell: Mark of Air

Skills:
Code:
[B]Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
Spellcraft                    6   +3           9
Concentration                 6   +2           8
Knowledge (arcana)            4   +3           7
Knowledge (nature)            2   +3           5
Decipher Script               4   +3           7
Craft (alchemy)               4   +3    +2    10
Hide (cc)                     0   +2           2
Search (cc)                   2   +3           5
Listen (cc)                   2   +0    +4     6
Spot (cc)                     0   +0    +2     2

How many scrolls can a scroll case take? Can I buy 5 scroll case (5 gp, 2.5 lb) for 14 scrolls?
Can I add 3 more trail rations?

Deity just Garl Glittergold, unless there's another gnomish nature deity. :)

I'd like to keep some of my treasure in gems like the rest. Garnets as well? Seems to the gem of choice. ;)

Is that about it? Thanks!

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Thanks for the timeliness, everybody. You are shaping up to be a great group!

OK, here are some individual notes.

Krug: I switched the Str and Cha. Your attack bonus with the dagger also falls to +1. I added the prepared spells. (BTW, the mark of air spell is very cool--nice choice!) The cross-class skills cost 2 points per rank, so you are still 4 points over your limit. Let me know where to lose those. I'll allow you to keep up to 20 scrolls in a scroll case, and I added one to your character. I added the trail rations. I went searching for another deity for you because it looked to me like you were a little disappointed with Garl Glittergold. I turned to the gnomish pantheon in the FR Campaign Setting, and who did I see but good old Baervan Wildwanderer!? Sorry I didn't recognize the source before. :confused: I will put Baervan Wildwanderer as your deity. I put 1000 gp into red garnets for you. So, the only thing left is the skill points issue.

Galethorn: I added Improved Sunder. I really like what you've done with this character, and am ready to accept it as is into the game. Nice work! :D

Brain: I'm going to change the title once all of the character issues are worked out and we are ready to begin playing. At that point, I'll start a thread in the "Playing the Game" subforum, with a post here announcing and linking to it. Right now, I expect that that will happen Monday or Tuesday (maybe Tuesday night).

Krug

Newshound
Ok almost there. Just change Search and Listen to 1 rank each and that's it. :)

PS: Spellcraft appears to be listed twice on my char sheet in the Rogue's gallery. :)

Last edited:

Galethorn

First Post
Thanks! My usual goal with building a character is to make them as powerful as possible without sacrificing anything from their concept--hence the bastard sword (instead of a longsword or greatsword, or worse yet, a spiked chain), being human (rather than half-dwarf/half-red dragon), the 12 charisma (instead of 8), and so on, along with fitting but useful feats.

I guess you could call me a compassionate min-maxer.

But, enough about me.

Let's get going soon; my sword-hand is getting itchy...oh, right, that's because of the mousing-rash...

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Looks like we are ready!

All right! Everybody's character is now legit. I have started an IC thread in the "Playing the Game" subforum. I will need from each of you an email address that you check frequently. This way I can email you when I post an update. Please send it to me at kfargo@indiana.edu.

I anticipate putting up the first official adventure post Monday or Tuesday night. After that, I plan on updating at least 5 times a week, and will be counting on you guys to help me keep up a nice pace by continuing to be timely in your posting. You have all been terrific so far, and I'm really looking forward to playing this game with you. :)

Last edited:

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
I may not get a chance to update tonight. I'm DMing for my sons; we're getting pretty close to the end of an adventure, and we may just play until we finish tonight. :)

Also, we need to hear from Hardin whether or not he wants to spend a heal spell or two on the warhorse, and whether he agrees with the rest of the group that you should "follow" the tracks instead of the trail.

Finally, I'll be on vacation August 16th to the 20th. So my last realistic chance to post will be August 14th (packing on the 15th), any I won't be able to post again until August 21st.

Last edited:

Brain

First Post
I'm confused by how you seem to be handling surprise in the game thread. How I understood it was that whoever acted in the surprise round got one action (standard or move equivalent) and then after that, initiative started over at the top in the first full round. So it would be S. slyfen, ogre 1.slyfen, ogre, belisha, eolan, rufus, hardin.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads